Teams Most Needing a Rebrand

tnagraffix

Jazz just needs to go back to one of these two beauties:

x610-12-307x416.jpg

laugh_zps5d73604f.gif

Call me crazy, but I don't care how unpopular that is because I've actually warmed up to them. Mostly because I feel the current design is just too plain. I honestly would prefer the jerseys from the Malone-Stockton era over anything else they've worn. i guess that's unpopular too.

Everybody throw Adidas into the garbage for a rebrand.

Adidas: taking the "pride" out of Pride Jerseys since 2014

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

x610-12-307x416.jpg

Call me crazy, but I don't care how unpopular that is because I've actually warmed up to them. Mostly because I feel the current design is just too plain. I honestly would prefer the jerseys from the Malone-Stockton era over anything else they've worn. i guess that's unpopular too.

:Oo: So you want them to go to an even more generic template-like look?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

x610-12-307x416.jpg

:Oo: So you want them to go to an even more generic template-like look?

I just think the dark blue made the light blue really pop out on their old jerseys. While I think their current jerseys are just a bunch of colors that don't really "pop". I guess I'm biased, though because I really like the color blue.

uta-jazz-06-09-alternate-620x465.jpg

I've said it before on another thread, but I felt the Jazz nailed the colors in '96, and that's the only colors they should've ever worn from there on out forever. It's true that the uniforms themselves were beginning to be dated by '04 and a change was indeed in order, but the colors weren't the problem at all. They should've stuck, and heck, I'd even be perfectly fine with taking what they wear now and re coloring it to the Finals runs colors somehow.

The double-blue was okay, and wasn't the worst at all (that would be what they've got now), but I felt it was more of a generic attempt to represent "generic cold snowy state with mountains and stuff", whereas the Finals runs colors accomplished two really brilliant things - one, it updated the traditional colors beautifully, and 2) it had a real sense of purpose in representing Utah. The purple both kept tradition while being re-purposed to representing "purple mountain majesties", the teal/jade green did well to nod to the canyon forests scenery, the light blue was your nod to wintery weather (and one could argue clear-sky summers, as it shouldn't be forgotten it gets quite warm here and is a great summer attraction), and copper alluded to the state's huge copper industry, as well as possibly the redrock in the southern part of the state. I mean, as a born-and-raised Utahan, it doesn't get much more "Utah" than that, really. The double-blue didn't feel like "Utah" so much as it felt like "just another cold place" in comparison to what they had before.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I wouldn't want the Rockets to rebrand now because it'd likely be a retro-esque bit of nonesense. The trends right now don't give me high hopes. The bleeding hula hoop R doesn't need to be replaced by a red and yellow basketball with a roundel saying Houston Rockets Basketball Organization.

I'll leave out minor tweaks.

NFL:

Bucs

Jaguars (if all they did was make the helmet all black and make the teal the primary, I can live with it though.)

Cardinals

Falcons

MLB:

Marlins

Padres

Brewers

DBacks (back to Teal/Purple please)

NHL:

Avs

Ducks

Flames

Penguins

Senators

Capitals

NBA:

Clippers

Rockets

This can go on all sports, but right now in the NBA I have to say the Rockets, Jazz, and Thunder are the worst by far.

mountain-ak.jpg

x610-12-307x416.jpg

I see some people are talking about the Caps. I know their not bringing back the gold but I think it's odd that they introduce a Winter Classic uniform that's TOTALLY different from their current set, and the don't capitalize on it at all. They're even bringing back their old red jersey.

ALSO add to the list:

Dolphins

Buccaneers

I'd say 49ers but they really only need to drop their black jersey and get a red facemask IMO, so not really a dire need.

Those Jazz unis are all terrible. The current is the best they've ever worn.

sig.png

The Marlins whole 2012 re brand was weird. They had a good thing going with their teal and black look. It would have been interesting to see what happened if they had only added orange accents to the uniform or something where they only made a few slight tweaks.

NFL:

Overhaul (new everything):

Eagles

Ravens

Chargers

Titans

Texans

Tweaks (just the uniforms):

Rams

Saints

Cardinals

Panthers

Falcons

NBA:

Overhaul:

Clippers

Rockets

Thunder

Tweaks:

Grizzlies

Timberwolves

Pacers

Pistons

Blazers

Warriors

MLB:

Overhaul:

Rays

Rockies

Brewers

Diamondbacks

Tweaks:

Padres

Phillies

Indians

Angels

NHL:

Overhaul:

Avalanche

Jets

Tweaks:

Hurricanes

Ducks

Flames

Senators

Penguins

Panthers

Sharks

Capitals

I feel like the Titans would be fine if they just tweeked their current set instead of completely rebranding everything. If they just changed their helmet stripe to match their pant stripe and removed the large shoulder stripes (like on their practice jerseys below), I believe they would have one of the best uniform sets in the league. It would look pretty simple compared to other teams rebrands but in my opinion, less can definitely be more!

titans-camp-800.jpg?w=800&h=525

Even though I disagree with him on the Nats identity, I gotta agree with BrandMooreArt on the Redskins. I support the name change, and I feel like a rebrand would be good just to kind of change things up a little. I mean, right now, 6-10 is a good year in DC. (Dan Snyder leaving would help too.)

I feel like the Titans would be fine if they just tweeked their current set instead of completely rebranding everything. If they just changed their helmet stripe to match their pant stripe and removed the large shoulder stripes (like on their practice jerseys below), I believe they would have one of the best uniform sets in the league. It would look pretty simple compared to other teams rebrands but in my opinion, less can definitely be more!

i agree with the direction of making small changes, but i wouldn't eliminate the 1 thing they have that makes them unique: the jersey yoke.

the biggest issue with the identity is there is no unity between all the elements in it - and there are just too many things going on with the uniform. there is almost every shape you could come up with used on the uni.

- Greek inspired type and logo

- tapered helmet stripe

- traditional pants stripe

- use of red feels out of place; not consistant

with all of this, the uniform still feels stale. i think a simplifying the shapes and building things that have more unity would be a huge improvement. i would also drop the red and introduce a new color, maybe silver for the helmet, or copper.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Going NCAA FCS with my 2 cents.

Portland State hasn't had a change since 1999. Aside from Sacramento State, the Big Sky has a damn good looking group of teams graphically speaking.

q7aj51q56tnaxgfh586s0aieb.png

5718_portland_state_vikings-mascot-1999.

I mean their wordmark is, well, ok. But the two above are just bad for Division I.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

i agree with the direction of making small changes, but i wouldn't eliminate the 1 thing they have that makes them unique: the jersey yoke.

the biggest issue with the identity is there is no unity between all the elements in it - and there are just too many things going on with the uniform. there is almost every shape you could come up with used on the uni.

- Greek inspired type and logo

- tapered helmet stripe

- traditional pants stripe

- use of red feels out of place; not consistant

with all of this, the uniform still feels stale. i think a simplifying the shapes and building things that have more unity would be a huge improvement. i would also drop the red and introduce a new color, maybe silver for the helmet, or copper.

I feel like this may be the fourth or fifth time I've done this (!), but years ago I did take a stab at trying to resolve those problems (SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT)...

TENtitans_stylebook1.png

TENtitans_stylebook2.png

TENtitans_NPCv2.png

Not mentioned previously, but it'd also fall right in line with the (currently far more) successful Predators' identity, not to mention Nashville's civic flag colors as well. (Guess that was me trying to bring a little "Pittsburghness" to the Music City.... :P )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived