UCFL -- (10 of 20 -- Columbus added 10/4)

levijeromeSF

LeagueAlert_zpspsfyhydw.jpg

Hi guys -- longtime lurker, first time poster. This idea came to me a few years ago after being inspired by a couple of really great concepts (Raysox's US Soccer 2030 and Patrick Cummings' America League) and the expansive nature of global football (thanks to all of the FIFA games).

As the beautiful game began to grow throughout the world, the powers that be wanted to capture the pageantry and glory of the World Cup and apply it to the club level. Thus the idea for the United Continental Football Association was born. The concept was simply to create a worldwide league based on the 5 major continents: North America, South America, Africa, Europe, and Asia-Oceania (Asia + Australia). Each league would have a Championship tier of 20 teams and could fill out lower tiers as they pleased -- but a city was only allowed one team. Each continent would then send its champions to play for the World Continental Cup (WCC) at the end of the year to crown a World champion.

After a few rounds of trial and error, the leagues were finalized as follows:

North America

North American Championship League (20 teams - 4 WCC births - 3 relegation teams)

North American B League (24 teams - 3 promotion teams - 3 relegation teams)

North American C League (24 teams - 3 promotion teams - 3 relegation teams)

North American D League (24 teams - 3 promotion teams - 3 relegation teams)

South America

South American Championship League (20 teams - 3 WCC births - 2 relegation teams)

South American B League (12 teams - 2 promotion teams)

Africa

African Championship League (20 teams - 3 WCC births - 2 relegation teams)

African B League (12 teams - 2 promotion teams)

Europe

European Championship League (20 teams - 3 WCC births - 3 relegation teams)

European B League (20 teams - 3 promotion teams - 3 relegation teams)

European C League (20 teams - 3 promotion teams)

Asia-Oceania

Asia-Oceania Championship League (20 teams - 3 WCC births - 3 relegation teams)

Asia-Oceania B League (20 teams - 3 promotion teams)

10 seasons were played and met with unquestioned success and the UCFL was officially here to stay. I have results for all 10 seasons and plan on posting some fun stuff around the WCC and regional tournaments, but for now, this thread will focus only on the teams in the Championship Leagues going into Season 11. (Feel free to shoot me a note if you are interested in the league tables and process for simulating the leagues)
I am only focusing on the North American Championship League at the moment but my goal is to eventually get to the entire world.
Here is a preview of the Championship Leagues -- the teams I will be posting can be found in the far left column (the rest are just the city names):
LeagueAlert_Teams_zpseilpuibu.jpg
Just so you all know, the cities and structure are set in stone and the teams in the championship leagues are based off of 10 seasons of simulation -- not by personal choice or bias.
Hope you all enjoy this series and looking forward to your C&C/feedback.
LeagueAlert_Grid_zpsjnhn41mx.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Europe should get the extra WCC birth instead of North America. Also Africa's logo is a bit hard to read. Can't wait for this to start, looks like a great idea.

I also felt that Africa's logo is hard to read but didn't want to stray away from the white font for consistency sake -- perhaps I will explore I darker gold or sunflower color so the white pops better -- thanks for the feedback!

As for the WCC births -- North America received the extra bid at the start because they had the most expansive setup (4 tiers of leagues). However, the future WCC births are based on a success coefficient (just like the Champions League).

I'd like to see a philadelphia but hey this is exciting! Maybe more for Europe though? That's where the soccer hub exists

Unfortunately Philadelphia started out in League B and was actually relegated to League C after a few seasons where they have toiled for a while.

I agree with you on Europe as a soccer hub but I approached this as if everywhere could potentially be a soccer hub -- a little idealistic, but I didn't wan't tradition, financial barriers or anything like that coming in to play too much in order to get a lot of cultural and geographical variety.

LeagueAlert_zpspsfyhydw.jpg

Hi guys -- longtime lurker, first time poster. This idea came to me a few years ago after being inspired by a couple of really great concepts (Raysox's US Soccer 2030 and Patrick Cummings' America League) and the expansive nature of global football (thanks to all of the FIFA games).

As the beautiful game began to grow throughout the world, the powers that be wanted to capture the pageantry and glory of the World Cup and apply it to the club level. Thus the idea for the United Continental Football Association was born. The concept was simply to create a worldwide league based on the 5 major continents: North America, South America, Africa, Europe, and Asia-Oceania (Asia + Australia). Each league would have a Championship tier of 20 teams and could fill out lower tiers as they pleased -- but a city was only allowed one team. Each continent would then send its champions to play for the World Continental Cup (WCC) at the end of the year to crown a World champion.

After a few rounds of trial and error, the leagues were finalized as follows:

North America

North American Championship League (20 teams - 4 WCC births - 3 relegation teams)

North American B League (24 teams - 3 promotion teams - 3 relegation teams)

North American C League (24 teams - 3 promotion teams - 3 relegation teams)

North American D League (24 teams - 3 promotion teams - 3 relegation teams)

South America

South American Championship League (20 teams - 3 WCC births - 2 relegation teams)

South American B League (12 teams - 2 promotion teams)

Africa

African Championship League (20 teams - 3 WCC births - 2 relegation teams)

African B League (12 teams - 2 promotion teams)

Europe

European Championship League (20 teams - 3 WCC births - 3 relegation teams)

European B League (20 teams - 3 promotion teams - 3 relegation teams)

European C League (20 teams - 3 promotion teams)

Asia-Oceania

Asia-Oceania Championship League (20 teams - 3 WCC births - 3 relegation teams)

Asia-Oceania B League (20 teams - 3 promotion teams)

10 seasons were played and met with unquestioned success and the UCFL was officially here to stay. I have results for all 10 seasons and plan on posting some fun stuff around the WCC and regional tournaments, but for now, this thread will focus only on the teams in the Championship Leagues going into Season 11. (Feel free to shoot me a note if you are interested in the league tables and process for simulating the leagues)
I am only focusing on the North American Championship League at the moment but my goal is to eventually get to the entire world.
Here is a preview of the Championship Leagues -- the teams I will be posting can be found in the far left column (the rest are just the city names):
LeagueAlert_Teams_zpseilpuibu.jpg
Just so you all know, the cities and structure are set in stone and the teams in the championship leagues are based off of 10 seasons of simulation -- not by personal choice or bias.
Hope you all enjoy this series and looking forward to your C&C/feedback.

Oh my God, Fort Worth gets a mention for the first time on this forum... AWESOME!

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I'd like to see a philadelphia but hey this is exciting! Maybe more for Europe though? That's where the soccer hub exists

Unfortunately Philadelphia started out in League B and was actually relegated to League C after a few seasons where they have toiled for a while.

I agree with you on Europe as a soccer hub but I approached this as if everywhere could potentially be a soccer hub -- a little idealistic, but I didn't wan't tradition, financial barriers or anything like that coming in to play too much in order to get a lot of cultural and geographical variety.

And it's why I choose four 24 teams divisions in North America league, 4 births obsiously, whereas Europe got just three 20 teams divisions.

No financial barriers or anything like that. Just USA (NSA?) rules the world. It's so hypocrite I can't resist to say it.

But the serie promises to be interresting.

Club de Futbol de Ciudad de Mexico

Check out the club brand book here: CFCMX Brand Book

Or here if that link doesn't work: Issuu

It's got all sorts of cool stuff including merchandise, promotions, and realistic kit mock-ups.

For those of you that want the essentials, here you go:

Club History

"Chilango" is a Mexican slang term that refers to something as belonging to Mexico City, and is the official motto for what CFCMX was founded upon. The inaugural 2005 team was made up entirely of players from Mexico City and the surrounding counties in an effort to rally the city around the new team. The plan worked even better than anticipated. As the fans took immediate pride in a team that was Mexico City through and through, the club made a surprising run to win the inaugural NACL Championship and reach the final of the Continental Cup. Since that season, the team has eventually branched out to include players from all over the world, but the glow of that first season has never ceased. The Official Supporters Club even petitioned (and were successful) to have a star permanently added to the badge in order to commemorate that first season forever. All new players are quickly indoctrinated and the fans continue to take pride in the CFCMX foundation. Players, staff, and fans alike are all truly "Los Chilangos."

Club Stats

Seasons in NACL: 10 (2005-present)

Best League Finish: Champions (2005)

Continental Cup Berths: 5 (2005, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013)

Best Continental Cup Finish: Runners-Up (2005)

Current World Ranking: 9th

Template_CFCMX_zpstx0izpng.jpg

2_HomeInspiration_zpsft7vjnis.jpg

13_AwayInspiration_zps0uslynxl.jpg

19_ThirdInspiration_zps4ckwk8qo.jpg

This is amazing!

The brand book is definitely fire. The players wearing the jerseys are the best part. Plus the other stuff.

I hate to be that guy but I don't like the way the alternate uniform looks with the white pants after I looked at the guy wearing it. Maybe it's just him on a side.

20h94yq.jpg

tbFKDks.png?1

RU7j0o0.png

I'm pumped! Love Mexico City's look. I would buy that alternate in a heartbeat! While I disapprove of Denver not being on there, ultimately, I respect your decision. I hope Denver is in the Second league though!

Thanks a lot -- I was iffy that the third shirt was going to turn out well but I definitely think it ended up being my favorite of the bunch.

I hate to disappoint but Denver was relegated all the way down to League D before earning promotion back to League C this most recent year. Hopefully that won't change your opinion of this series haha!

I love the start so far, I can't wait to see Boston Town!

Thanks! You're in luck -- they are the next club to be posted

Great can't wait to see Boston, curious to see if Boston will have some Portuguese Influence thanks to the big population there of Portuguese, Cape Verdean and Brazilians there not just go straight for the Irish look.

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

I'm pumped! Love Mexico City's look. I would buy that alternate in a heartbeat! While I disapprove of Denver not being on there, ultimately, I respect your decision. I hope Denver is in the Second league though!

Thanks a lot -- I was iffy that the third shirt was going to turn out well but I definitely think it ended up being my favorite of the bunch.

I hate to disappoint but Denver was relegated all the way down to League D before earning promotion back to League C this most recent year. Hopefully that won't change your opinion of this series haha!

Nah, doesn't impact my opinion at all. Can't wait to see what you have next!

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Boston Town Soccer Club

Check out the club brand book here: BTSC Brand Book

Or here if that link doesn't work: Issuu

Club History

Boston Town Soccer Club has been a staple in the top flight of North American football since the inception in 2005. The club was founded by a modestly wealthy financial investor whose goal was to shirk the idea that you needed to spend heavily in order to have a winning soccer club. The club found success early finishing second in 2006 and gained a birth to the Continental Cup. Because of the humble foundation and the club's firm place in the top league, the Rebels have grown a large following in Boston. Most fans refer to the team simply as "Town."

Club Stats

Seasons in NACL: 10 (2005-present)

Best League Finish: Runners-Up (2006)

Continental Cup Berths: 2 (2006, 2011)

Best Continental Cup Finish: Runners-Up (2011)

Current World Ranking: 29th

Template_BTSC_zps7s6fwccd.jpg

4_Club-Reveal_zpsu7e4fvaj.jpg

10_Team-Kit-Cover-Page_zpscsyuiug9.jpg

21_Team-Kit-Cover-Page_Third_zpsndeswg4y

Archived