UCFL -- (10 of 20 -- Columbus added 10/4)

levijeromeSF

Hey guys -- I think I am going to post the real application of the kit below the overview photo just in case people miss out on it by not checking out the brand book. Let me know if this is too much clutter to the post and I will go back to leaving it out.

Cayman Islands Football Club

Check out the club brand book here: CIFC Brand Book.

Or here if that link doesn't work: Issuu

Club History

For the first 5 seasons, Cayman Islands Football Club was a middling team in the North American B League. Despite the large amount of money flowing into the territory, nobody was willing to invest (the club was sponsored by the Cayman Islands Tourism Board on a very small deal aimed at reaching potential tourists at the club's away matches) and CIFC looked doomed to fall to even lower leagues. However, in 2010, the club was more success than anticipated and on the last day of the season, a last minute win saw them finish 6th in the league which meant they would participate in the tournament of the final promotion spot. Buoyed by the success, the Turtles scored 5 goals on aggregate in both matches and earned promotion to the top flight. With the influx of TV money brought on by the promotion and an increase in sponsorship dollars, CIFC stayed up the following year when many tagged them to be relegated right back down. They have stayed up since and are now a regular fixture in the NACL. Each year, the club plays two home matches at each of the sister islands, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman, in an effort to bring football to the entire Cayman Islands Population.

Club Stats

Seasons in NACL: 4 (2011-present)

Best League Finish: 13th Place (2013 & 2014)

Continental Cup Berths: 0

Best Continental Cup Finish: N/A

Current World Ranking: N/A

Kits

Home: CIFC's home kit features the traditional navy blue shirt with gold stripes on the sleeves but this marks the first year that the club has worn primarily yellow shorts at home (in the past they have either been white or navy).

Away: The away kit is all-yellow and features a star pattern that wraps around to the back. The club generally chooses between a yellow change kit or a white change kit from year to year.

Third: The third kit for the 2015 season is a white shirt with green shorts and socks. The green color represents the tropical plant life of the Islands and features an all-green badge on the front and an all-green turtle logo on the back neck.

Template_CIFC_zpsppkw8efs.jpg

15__zpsstbodqbe.jpg

16__zps9ysijzbm.jpg

17__zpshmkwpuv3.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great, i am loving this concept and thread

One suggestion would be for the home to make the shorts either white or navy blue. Since you have all yellow for the away. I personally would vote for white shorts, I think it would give a really classic look

Thanks! I actually made versions with both navy shorts and white shorts (and even light blue shorts) and really liked the white look but ultimately went with yellow just to do something different. As I mentioned, the club normally wears navy or white shorts and this is the first year they have gone with yellow, so perhaps the fan outcry will cause them to return to the traditional look.

I just saw this thread for the first time and I have to say that I absolutely love what you're doing! I've always envisioned world leagues (for any sports) and see how they would work with each other. And what you've done is brilliant.

I don't have any major feedbacks on the uniforms or logos because soccer isn't my niche. I didn't want to say that you did X thing "wrong," but it's actually "right" in soccer, if that makes sense?

But honestly, the presentation is among the best I've ever seen in my entire history of being here. Stellar job.

I do have a question, if you don't mind? How in the heck did you do the jersey swaps on the photos!? They're the best part of this series (along with the branding books)! I've attempted doing this sort of thing for my fantasy baseball league, but I'm having the hardest time doing it!

One more question! What method did you use for the simulation?

Overall, great job on this series, and I can't wait to see more! I'll definetly be following it :-)

I just saw this thread for the first time and I have to say that I absolutely love what you're doing! I've always envisioned world leagues (for any sports) and see how they would work with each other. And what you've done is brilliant.

I don't have any major feedbacks on the uniforms or logos because soccer isn't my niche. I didn't want to say that you did X thing "wrong," but it's actually "right" in soccer, if that makes sense?

But honestly, the presentation is among the best I've ever seen in my entire history of being here. Stellar job.

I do have a question, if you don't mind? How in the heck did you do the jersey swaps on the photos!? They're the best part of this series (along with the branding books)! I've attempted doing this sort of thing for my fantasy baseball league, but I'm having the hardest time doing it!

Overall, great job on this series, and I can't wait to see more! I'll definetly be following it :-)

Wow -- thank you so much! Those are extremely kind words.

Would you mind if I answered your questions over DM? They would probably be a little lengthy so I'd prefer to keep it off the thread, but happy to do whatever!

Wow -- thank you so much! Those are extremely kind words.

Would you mind if I answered your questions over DM? They would probably be a little lengthy so I'd prefer to keep it off the thread, but happy to do whatever!

That is no problem at all. Feel free to shoot me a PM. Thanks! Keep up the good work :-)

I would think the Cayman Islands are my favorite so far! Love the "3 Islands, 1 Team" slogan.

• 2 weeks later...

Miami Beach Soccer Club

Check out the club brand book here: MBSC Brand Book.

Club History

Founded in 2005 by a real estate tycoon as a present for his art and football loving wife, Miami Beach Soccer club has been one of the more successful clubs in the NACL. Finishing in the top half in 7 out of 10 seasons. In 2008, the club finished level on points with the eventual champion and finished as runners-up solely based on point differential. The heartbreak ending to that season led to a bit of a letdown in the next few. Feeling that the club had come so close, the club did not invest in new players and instead relied on a team virtually unchanged for four years. The group was characterized by slow starts and late charges but ultimate fell short of the Continental Club each season. Finally, in 2012, some new blood helped the club put together a complete season and Miami Beach went on to win the Championship by a comfortable margin not only scoring the most goals, but also conceding the fewest that season. Despite the club's success domestically, Miami Beach Soccer Club has never made it out of the first round of the Continental Cup.

Club Stats

Seasons in NACL: 10 (2005-present)

Best League Finish: Champions (2012)

Continental Cup Berths: 3 (2008, 2012, 2014)

Best Continental Cup Finish: First Round (2008, 2012, 2014)

Current World Ranking: 15

Kits

Home: The home kit is all blue and has remained all blue for 10 seasons. The kit is usually clean in order to really show off the unique blueish green color of the club and this year's version has a coral collar and accents.

Away: The away kit features coral stripes on a white shirt and coral-hooped socks. The team usually plays with the level of coral on the away kit, sometimes using an entire coral kit, while other times opting for just coral shorts.

Third: The third kit shirt features MBSC's turquoise accent color with black socks and shorts. The striped zig-zag pattern is meant to invoke an M while featuring a pattern of lines that one would find in vintage art deco designs.

Template_MBSC_zpswgvvxwjc.jpg

15__zpsxkaye33o.jpg

16__zps4xzeowet.jpg

17__zpsg7gtio32.jpg

Miami is great. A lot of people try and force a very bold, modern and unique identity on Miami (lots of pink, etc) but I think you showed Miami can work well with a very simple and traditional look. Well done

Thanks! I am definitely partial to simple designs for soccer crests since they tend to be traditional and have a longer history but there is always a fine line between simple and underwhelming -- so I'm glad it came across well.

Miami looks stunning! I really like the color scheme, and how you took the Art Deco stylings and combined it with actual beach imagery. Great job on this one, as well as your other teams! :)

Thanks a lot -- glad you think the Art Deco worked. Its a little bit of an older style so wasn't sure if the crest would look dated or not.

I love the idea of a team using the navy blue and sand color scheme, I just don't think it works with Miami. I think bright vibrant colors such as red, aqua or teal, I think that would work better with Miami then the Navy/Sand combo.

That being said, I love that art deco clamshell logo.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

I really like the fact you took Miami, and made it your own. You didn't do teal (except for on the third, if that's even teal), pink, black, orange color scheme. You made a very original color scheme that actually fits Miami really well. Great job! When I saw that the next team was Miami Beach, I already thought I knew what the color scheme was going to be. But no, you really surprised me. It's really, really, a job done super well.

image.jpg.155faab7d9af838dcc16facded816fimage.jpg

All credit goes to their respective creators (Veras and hawkfan89)

image.jpg

Just caught up with Miami. A very well done job, OP. I'm not exactly a soccer fan so I can't tell if the uniforms are "right" or not, but I can tell that they're great. You took a color scheme that's perfect for Miami and yet still different from the usual "hot, vibrant" colors such as hot pink, yellow, ocean blue, etc... Right now the color scheme gives off a "rich people that lives on the beach lifestyle" that's from the 1920's.

Great job, as always!!

• 4 weeks later...

Football Cooperative of Columbus

Check out the club brand book here: FCC Brand Book.

Club History

When the NACL announced that Columbus would be one of the founding members in the top flight of North American soccer, the investors lined up. Because of the huge influx of potential buyers, the NACL made the controversial decision (at the time) to set up the club as a cooperative--meaning the owners would also be operating the club. As with most co-ops, the social aspect of the business was hugely important and FCC poured over half of their profits and earnings back into the Columbus community. With so many parts of the city flourishing in part thanks to the soccer team, the supporters continued to grow and grow. With revenue booming, the club could also invest in star-caliber players and the success on the the pitch followed the success of the city. The Archers finally made the breakthrough in 2011 when they finished 3rd in the group and qualified for the Continental Cup. The frenzy culminated in 2013 when The Archers rode a magical season to the top of the table finishing as Champions. Although they have never made it past the quarterfinals, FCC has won a game in each Continental Cup they have been to. Voted as the top supporters in the NACL, and a team on the pitch to match, Columbus is synonymous with soccer success in North America.

Club Stats

Seasons in NACL: 10 (2005-present)

Best League Finish: Champions (2013)

Continental Cup Berths: 3 (2011, 2012, 2013)

Best Continental Cup Finish: Quarterfinals (2011, 2012, 2013)

Current World Ranking: 8

Kits

Home: The home kit features thick red and white stripes with thin black stripes in between on top of black shorts and socks. The club traditionally wears black on the primary kit as the other colors of the club are reserved for the third kit (also worn at home).

Away: The away kit is always a perfect contrast to the home kit featuring blue and white in order to contrast the other two kits. Although the current kit features a blue shirt with white hoops and white shorts/socks, the amount of each color varies by year.

Third: The third kit is typically loud and unique considering FCC color's scheme but always features all three of the club's colors. This year's kit features red stripes on a yellow shirt with blue accents shorts and socks. Despite being a third kit, the club never wears it on the road and instead reserves it for all home weekday matches.

Template_FCC_zpsrwpb2wuu.jpg

15__zpshxkzgx9h.jpg

16__zps4ie7q8yt.jpg

17__zpsnfutcccj.jpg

Wow, love my home town team! My biggest issue is with the Nationwide eagle one every set. On the home, I think it should be red, the road should be white with a black outline and the alt should have a red one as well. I know that sounds kinda big, but I seriously love this look. I'm really glad you didn't go Ohio State themed, as I think you've created a more unique brand.

That's what- She

Wow, love my home town team! My biggest issue is with the Nationwide eagle one every set. On the home, I think it should be red, the road should be white with a black outline and the alt should have a red one as well. I know that sounds kinda big, but I seriously love this look. I'm really glad you didn't go Ohio State themed, as I think you've created a more unique brand.

Thanks a lot! I have to be honest, it was tough to stay away from the Ohio St theme (thought about a tribute 3rd jersey) but ultimately decided against it for the reasons you mentioned.

I am working to finish the remaining 10 concepts (as they take a bit of time) but if I can get around to it, I will definitely give your idea about the Nationwide Eagle a shot and thank you for the feedback.

Archived