UCFL -- (10 of 20 -- Columbus added 10/4)

levijeromeSF

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, this series has been great. Those brandbooks are incredibly detailed and add a ton of realism to the concept. Great work, excited to see more!

Thanks a lot -- glad you enjoy! It takes quite a bit longer but really gives me the opportunity to work on a lot of different skills.

Boston looks amazing!

Thank you, I'm glad to hear that! I had no idea about the heavy Portuguese influence in Boston, that would definitely have helped when coming up with the concept because I really struggled to stray from cliche themes but still stay true to the city.

I'll keep that in mind for future concepts for sure (or perhaps a 3rd jersey for a future season maybe).

I'm surprised no one else has looked at this work. It's very unique from the concepts I've been seeing

Question: When you do Canada will they have sleeved jerseys? Or will they have short-sleeved and players could choose if they want long sleeves or short sleeves? If yes, will other players have this choice from other SC's? Considering Canada,parts of the USA,etc, are retry cold

Curious because I don't usually watch soccer

20h94yq.jpg

tbFKDks.png?1

RU7j0o0.png

I'm surprised no one else has looked at this work. It's very unique from the concepts I've been seeing

Question: When you do Canada will they have sleeved jerseys? Or will they have short-sleeved and players could choose if they want long sleeves or short sleeves? If yes, will other players have this choice from other SC's? Considering Canada,parts of the USA,etc, are retry cold

Curious because I don't usually watch soccer

Good questions. For these concepts, I am only doing short sleeve jerseys but traditionally in soccer, the players have the option to wear either a short sleeve or long sleeve (or a long sleeve compression shirt under a short sleeve which is probably more common than a long sleeve). Most kits just extend the the sleeve all the way down so the designs don't really change. Here is an example:

_66040508_wilshere.jpgAaron_Ramsey_Arsenal.jpg

Soccer Club of San Francisco

Check out the club brand book here: SCSF Brand Book.

Or here if that link doesn't work: Issuu

Club History

The Soccer Club of San Francisco was finished almost as soon as it began. When the deal to make San Francisco one of the inaugural NACL cities fell through, the fans stepped in and raised the additional funding, securing a place in the top flight. The Gatekeepers found success in their first few seasons qualifying for the WCC in successive years. Unfortunately, the fans were unable to maintain funding and eventually had to find an outside buyer. As a final collective act, the fans chose to add the phoenix from the city flag to the top of the crest in order to symbolize how the club began and serve as a reminder that the club would always rise out of tough times. Thanks to a Silicon Valley buyer, the club moved to its new location along the San Francisco Pier and brand new Salesforce Stadium.

Club Stats

Seasons in NACL: 7 (2005-2009, 2013-present)

Best League Finish: Third Place (2005)

Continental Cup Berths: 2 (2005, 2006)

Best Continental Cup Finish: Quarterfinalist (2005)

Current World Ranking: NA

Template_SFSC_zps3k5qekrh.jpg

4__zps2krq9tmb.jpg

9__zpsoxhrzu8w.jpg

19__zpst8hmfhnx.jpg

These are such awesome concepts, my friend! The ideas are great, and the execution is so cool! I love the realism you put into these, especially the brand books!

San Francisco looks really nice, though I got one complaint: California is the Golden State while Florida is the Sunshine State. It just sorta bugged me on the color name for the yellow.

These are such awesome concepts, my friend! The ideas are great, and the execution is so cool! I love the realism you put into these, especially the brand books!

San Francisco looks really nice, though I got one complaint: California is the Golden State while Florida is the Sunshine State. It just sorta bugged me on the color name for the yellow.

You are 1000% right about that -- thank you for the catch, that is definitely something I will change.

I appreciate the kind words and glad that you are enjoying!

Your brand books are fantastic. I wasn't that impressed with SF's design at first blush but the book really sells it. Boston's away with the stripe is my favorite so far.

Would love to see your take on USMNT/USWNT kits (and, when you eventually get to it, my native Caracas!)

Your brand books are fantastic. I wasn't that impressed with SF's design at first blush but the book really sells it. Boston's away with the stripe is my favorite so far.

Would love to see your take on USMNT/USWNT kits (and, when you eventually get to it, my native Caracas!)

Thanks a lot -- I definitely agree with you that the Boston away is my favorite of the bunch so far. Glad to hear the brand books help but would love to hear any C&C you have on the SF design.

I have a few ideas for the US kit so perhaps if I get some free time over the next few days, I could take a stab. As much as I have enjoyed working on these North American designs, I am itching to get to some of the international teams -- hopefully I will do Caracas justice!

I will be taking a brief hiatus from the board as I will be out of town for the holiday so this will be the last post for a week or so. Happy Canada day and 4th of July to everybody!

Racing Detroit Soccer Club

Check out the club brand book here: RDSC Brand Book.

Or here if that link doesn't work: Issuu

Club History

The automobile has always played a prominent role in the landscape of Detroit and when the club was incepted in 2005, the ownership group (all Detroit born and raised) wanted to create an identity that would not only symbolize something so integral to Detroit, but would also signify the city and club's ambition to always be moving forward. The unusual name—Racing Detroit Soccer Club—was born. RDSC began in the North American B League and come close to being promoted in the first few years but finally broke through in 2007, winning the league and earning promotion to the top flight. Despite experiencing financial difficulties and diminished attendance numbers, the club had a few highs (earning a trip to the Continental Cup in 2009) before hitting the low of being relegated back to the B League in 2013. The never say die and always moving forward attitude of the club both on and off the pitch brought the team back to the top flight the following year where they aim to be for years to come.

Club Stats

Seasons in NACL: 7 (2008-2013, present)

Best League Finish: Runners-Up (2009)

Continental Cup Berths: 1 (2009)

Best Continental Cup Finish: Qualifiers (2009)

Current World Ranking: NA

Template_RDSC_zpsnpfqzg3i.jpg

4__zpscg50lwwj.jpg

13__zpsd7ox9blo.jpg

19__zpscvpho1wt.jpg

Archived