Tweaking the NBA (Nuggets Added)

Djruggs

For my attempt at an NBA concept series, I decided to tweak some things as opposed to making unneeded, drastic changes to every team.

Credit to Hoopladawg87 and Daniel_Ramone for the template

First up we have the the Los Angeles Lakers

0vpmzl2.png

LPsd7dY.png

MBU1NNk.png

qHX9RMa.png

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there are some who will have a problem with the black jersey but I think it works well with the yellow and purple.

Yeah, other than the complete lack of contrast between the purple and black and the fact that it is completely unfitting with the team's identity, it's awesome.

The yellow and purple alone would probably be a better look than the Lakers have ever had, though I have a spot soft for white numbers of the homes.

Interesting take on the waistband. Haven't thought about using this stripe design before. I like it. While I'm not too fond of the V-neck, it works fine.

I don't have a problem with the Hollywood Nights black jersey because it's meant to be a color swap of the Sunday whites; I just didn't like the Sunday whites to begin with. I'd like to see a Hollywood Nights jersey that's a color swap of the away purple jersey, i.e., swap purple for black. Either that, or make it a fifth jersey. You can even have a sixth and seventh if you take the home gold and swap it with white and take the away purple and swap it with white.

While you mentioned whose template you used, I still don't know why the NBA logo was brought back to the front since it's been moved to the back now. (But yes, I also prefer to have it on the front.)

Quick question: why did you choose to have a purple and not a gold Swoosh on the Hollywood Nights jersey/shorts?

I know there are some who will have a problem with the black jersey but I think it works well with the yellow and purple.

Yeah, other than the complete lack of contrast between the purple and black and the fact that it is completely unfitting with the team's identity, it's awesome.
The yellow and purple alone would probably be a better look than the Lakers have ever had, though I have a spot soft for white numbers of the homes.

It's funny, I hated the white numbers since the team brought them back in 1999, but now I'm used to them.

Interesting take on the waistband. Haven't thought about using this stripe design before. I like it. While I'm not too fond of the V-neck, it works fine.

I don't have a problem with the Hollywood Nights black jersey because it's meant to be a color swap of the Sunday whites; I just didn't like the Sunday whites to begin with. I'd like to see a Hollywood Nights jersey that's a color swap of the away purple jersey, i.e., swap purple for black. Either that, or make it a fifth jersey. You can even have a sixth and seventh if you take the home gold and swap it with white and take the away purple and swap it with white.

While you mentioned whose template you used, I still don't know why the NBA logo was brought back to the front since it's been moved to the back now. (But yes, I also prefer to have it on the front.)

I kept it in the front because I like using logos under the back collar as you will see in future concepts

Quick question: why did you choose to have a purple and not a gold Swoosh on the Hollywood Nights jersey/shorts?

Simply because I liked how it looked

Time for a true tweak. I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong with the Celtics, so all i did to the home and away was add the shamrock back to below the collar. For an alternate, I changed took what the C's had been using as a St. Paddy's day alternate, and added a sublimated parquet pattern to all text.

A76A3Nd.png

0uHZCbj.png

FexPtEp.png

I like the two-tone waistband. Maybe the team/city name in the front could be more arched, i.e., the way it used to be (1983-2012) before they became less arched (2012/13-present). It's not you: I just didn't like the direction the New York Knicks took their uniform. And how about putting the Knicks logo on both sides of the shorts, unless you meant for it to be in front of the shorts, in which case you should leave it the way it is. Other than that, an excellent tweak.

I've grown so tired of the current Lakers' jerseys with the stupid collar..You hit a home run on that forsure. The black jersey is questionable, imo for a team with history like the lakers I would cut it down to Home-Gold, Road-Purple, no white alternative. Great job.

I had no idea what you've changed to the shorts so had to Google the real deal to spot the difference. It's well done, but the originals never bothered me they way they were done. I applaud you for attempting to achieve trim consistency throughout. Will you throwback the Spurs shorts to diamonds and attempt to fix that, as well?

george-gervin.jpg

i would add another outline to the red and white jerseys to match the black alt

RED: Black,Red,White

WHITE: Red,White,Black

Now THAT'S original. Unnecessarily complicated, IMO, but interesting nonetheless.

Archived