MY Clippers Re-brand (FINAL)

29texan

L.A.%20Clippers%20rebrand%20logos_zpsev9

L.A.%20Clippers%20rebrand%20uniforms_zps

L.A.%20Clippers%20rebrand%20text_zpsmfzw

Clippers%20Court_zpsi5di3aeb.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST:

I decided to throw my hat in the ring for the Clippers' new look.

This is just the rough draft right now, and I'll get into more detail (logos, uniforms, wordmark, numbers) later, but let me know what ya think...

Clippers%20New%20Logo_zpsohrelhdi.jpg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's kind of close to what I was thinking for the Clippers,maybe I'll have to scrap it now! Anyway try making it a bit less cartoonish,and I don't like the look of the font,I'd suggest you try kerning the letters a bit better as well.

Well that's kind of close to what I was thinking for the Clippers,maybe I'll have to scrap it now! Anyway try making it a bit less cartoonish,and I don't like the look of the font,I'd suggest you try kerning the letters a bit better as well.

Not sure what you mean by "cartoonish", but I'm already looking at adjusting the text. Maybe changing the font. I was going for something nautical.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

I like the idea a lot here, but it could be improved.

First thing I noticed was how thin the lines in the basketball are. Those need to be thickened up quite a bit. I'm also not sure about how it's just kind of tacked on top. Maybe you could shrink it a tad and move it down on top of the crossbar in the anchor. I'd also find a way to add in "Los Angeles". Maybe make the blue banner a little taller and add it above "Clippers". Lastly, I'm not sure about the color scheme. It's very 90s Islanders. Maybe try flipping the navy and light blue? But keep the outer stroke and basketball strokes navy.

I love this design a lot! The anchor,the waves,the font and execution is great.

I appreciate that.

However, I still think I can do a little better with the primary before I move on to the unis and everything....

Made some notable changes to the shape, text, and tweaked the colors. I'm getting more comfortable in this direction:

19220512975_b4d3db3307_b.jpg

How's this look?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

second revision looks great. However, I think that the basketball nautical logo looks to be floating and is misplaced. Maybe try to incorporate it in a better position

Actually, I have that ship wheel placed there for a reason... the ring (or whatever it's called) part of the anchor. I just blew it up so I could add the basketball element to the logo and make it more visable.

Anchor_Rr_01.jpgec056932-987d-4c10-a0de-

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Actually, I have that ship wheel placed there for a reason... the ring (or whatever it's called) part of the anchor. I just blew it up so I could add the basketball element to the logo and make it more visable.

I see what you are trying to do. I think it's an excellent element to incorporate. The thinking behind it makes sense, however, I think that its just floating there. It doesn't seem to be a part of the anchor. Maybe changing it to the color of the anchor would work here. Just so it seems to be attached to it. I think what you are trying to do here is make the basketball logo stand out, however, while you succeeded in doing that, it doesn't flow well with the anchor. It looks like two separate elements and its clashing.

Overall though, i think the design here is fantastic though. Keep up the good work.

I know how you could fix the floating ball, just add an orange circle inside the ball (about the thickness of the ring of your reference image) so it will actually look like the ring instead of a random ball at the top.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

make the ball and font orange.

make the anchor baby blue. problem solved.

Clippers%20Primary%201_zpsptu3iiue.jpg

You know what... this works. I like it.

Instead of doing everything at once, I'll do this in phases. This will be my primary.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

New primary looks alright, solid start.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

While neither of these are too bad on their own, they need more cohesion to be a primary and secondary. They just don't look like they are part of the same set

How so?

(I intend on keeping the secondary as is, but what did you have in mind...?)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Archived