BIG NHL EXPANSION PROJECT (Saskatchewan completed 28/7/15)

Christian Legault

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the Nordiques Set, LOTS of symbolisme. (Flag of quebec city patern, owl provincial bird, etc etc) Fulld details on this set is on my blog or i did a thread on this concept.

1SHEET_zpsxlzfihvs.png

1JERSEY_zps3lqa7jeu.png

Ok guys, you can have your say in which team I do. Nominate a city and team name. The two cities with the most nominations will be done. I'll choose my favorite names. I'll be busy all week, so don't expect the concept this week (canda day, work and so on) but check back in week or so for the concept! thnks for your input everyone.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Guest darkpiranha

Late seeing this. Great stuff overall. Only suggestion so far is with Halifax. With the way you have the sails displayed, I think you have an opportunity to make a subtle H out of some of the negative space between the sails.

Otherwise, cool stuff.

Really nice work so far, Christian.

Your unis are great...really like the Nords and the subtle feel of Portland.

Love the striping on Halifax!

The Beast logo is well executed but the creature itself is a little hard to make out...could be a little less "scrambly".

Vegas looks good, but the ownership group has already stated that the team colours WILL BE gold, silver/grey, and black.

Also, I'm not sure if "Bullets" would fly. (see what I did there?... "Bullets would fly"?)

Other than those 2 concerns, this is a really well-done series.

I've heard through the grapevine that a bid might be coming in from a Houston group.

Maybe a return of the Houston Aeros??

Edit....You're a beginner?!?

....Could've fooled me!

While the Nordiques moving to Colorado marked the end of a tradition, I believe that Quebec City should get another team, and that this is the way to do it.

As for my city nominations, Houston with Aeros or Comets, and Salt Lake City with Archers, Lakers, or adopting the Utah Grizzlies name.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

you need work on primary logo for Quebec Nordiques

Hmm, I'm gonna say no because 1. You didn't specify what, and where. 2. I've been working on this logo for a year when I started designing so it's been a work in progress. I finnly like the finished product so.. Yep.

a seattle team I have a feeling will be called the metro politons

I get the history of the name, but it's suuuuuuuch a boring name.. Like why not call the team civilians.. Or citizens. Lame. But Ya it might happen, well have to wait and find out.

Love this work..

My only concern is Silver Bullets would never make it past the Whinny Liberals

But the logos are super

I'm not gonna get into politics, primarily because I'm Canadian and this is mostly a 'Murcia issue. But I had the same concerns. A team would never take a risk like that. Look at the Indian logo controversy.

Late seeing this. Great stuff overall. Only suggestion so far is with Halifax. With the way you have the sails displayed, I think you have an opportunity to make a subtle H out of some of the negative space between the sails. Otherwise, cool stuff.

I'll have to play around and see

you need work on primary logo for Quebec Nordiques

How so?

Exactly. Please elaborate

Really nice work so far, Christian.

Your unis are great...really like the Nords and the subtle feel of Portland.

Love the striping on Halifax!

The Beast logo is well executed but the creature itself is a little hard to make out...could be a little less "scrambly".

Vegas looks good, but the ownership group has already stated that the team colours WILL BE gold, silver/grey, and black.

Also, I'm not sure if "Bullets" would fly. (see what I did there?... "Bullets would fly"?)

Other than those 2 concerns, this is a really well-done series.

I've heard through the grapevine that a bid might be coming in from a Houston group.

Maybe a return of the Houston Aeros??

Edit....You're a beginner?!?

....Could've fooled me!

Yeah, I thought of make a scary looking creature, I guess I'll rework it. As for vegas, I saw that, to think I originaly had purple and neon green for the brand ;) but seriously I had the beast ps with that scheme so I wanted to change it up. And to think I've only made 3-4 legit logos before this isn't bad. I've been playing around with logos for a year though. Thanks for your input sparky.

I vote for a Milwaukee team. Still liking the Millers, Porters, Muskies, or Admirals for the name.

Possible, very possible.

Not sure about a name but I would like to see Regina. That Nordiques set is awesome, as well!

Possible very possible.

---------------------

So now it's between

Milwaukee, Regina, Houston, Kansas City.

Any other people would like to weigh in??

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Great logos! I'm excited to see the rest of the series! Anyway I like the expansion team suggestions. I have some ideas on the names if you want.

Milwaukee Muskies

Regina Renegades

Houston Aeros/Lone Stars/Stars

Kansas City Outlaws

The only problem with the Kansas City Outlaws is if he (or you) chose that all names cant be existing pro sports teams then this wont work. The Denver Outlaws is the name of a pro lacrosse team. Personally i dont care.

2cgzuhe.jpg

Thatlaxgoalie%20Ohio%20Machine_zpspvxbq5VwY67o7.png?14ZkJzrr.png

Archived