BIG NHL EXPANSION PROJECT (Saskatchewan completed 28/7/15)

Christian Legault

Overall nice work so far! Details:

• SEA: I like the overall concept and design and colours, but I feel Sasquatch is too much of a minor-league feel. Of course, this is a concept, so it's a minor point. Also, a lot of earth tones, might need a bold colour for a pop (see Hamilton below).
  • QUE: I've seen your evolution of this previously in your other posts. Excellent work. Unique colour scheme for the nhl, and not falling for the fleur-de-lis cliché that plagues most concepts concerning La Belle Province.
  • LV: Forget the PC-police, it's a solid name. And the colours - while not necessarily needing to be black-silver-gold - should be a little bolder, and vivid to suit a city like vegas. I think the maroon is just too drab for the city. But otherwise solid.
  • HAM: digging the name and the logo, but I think the brown/orange and black needs a bright highlight to make it pop. Maybe a slight yellow trim; this would also make Hamiltonians happy, considering their Pittsburgh-like obsession with black and gold.
  • POR: Great overall with a perfect name, maybe adapt the primary to be a bit less geometric and symmetrical, more wild and abstract. Colours are spot on and unique.
  • HALIFAX: Take my money!

New Franchise ideas (aside from Houston, Milwaukee, Sask, etc that have already been mentioned):

1. Hampton Roads, VA: Do a take on the Seven-Cities in the area (Hampton Roads, VA beach, Norfolk, etc.). It's a pretty big metro area. Call them the Sevens? Or a naval theme like the Norfolk Admirals do.
  2. Cincinnati, OH: They had a WHA team called the stingers, so you could do a take on that. My personal take: Cincinnati is named after George Washington's Order of the Cincinnati which has ties to Revolutionary times. And the OotC gets its name from Cincinattus in Ancient Rome, a general who took the reigns of absolute power to resolve a military crisis, only to willingly give power back and return to farming. Lots of material for a concept there. Maybe a swords and plowshares thing.
  3. Sacramento or San Fran, to create a rival for the Sharks.

Keep it up! I love these fully thought out complete threads.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you need work on primary logo for Quebec Nordiques

Great help.

Quebec is perfect for me. Pure sex. Nice job.

Aha glad to hear it dylan.

Overall nice work so far! Details:

• SEA: I like the overall concept and design and colours, but I feel Sasquatch is too much of a minor-league feel. Of course, this is a concept, so it's a minor point. Also, a lot of earth tones, might need a bold colour for a pop (see Hamilton below).
  • QUE: I've seen your evolution of this previously in your other posts. Excellent work. Unique colour scheme for the nhl, and not falling for the fleur-de-lis cliché that plagues most concepts concerning La Belle Province.
  • LV: Forget the PC-police, it's a solid name. And the colours - while not necessarily needing to be black-silver-gold - should be a little bolder, and vivid to suit a city like vegas. I think the maroon is just too drab for the city. But otherwise solid.
  • HAM: digging the name and the logo, but I think the brown/orange and black needs a bright highlight to make it pop. Maybe a slight yellow trim; this would also make Hamiltonians happy, considering their Pittsburgh-like obsession with black and gold.
  • POR: Great overall with a perfect name, maybe adapt the primary to be a bit less geometric and symmetrical, more wild and abstract. Colours are spot on and unique.
New Franchise ideas (aside from Houston, Milwaukee, Sask, etc that have already been mentioned):

• Hampton Roads, VA: Do a take on the Seven-Cities in the area (Hampton Roads, VA beach, Norfolk, etc.). It's a pretty big metro area. Call them the Sevens? Or a naval theme like the Norfolk Admirals do.
  • Cincinnati, OH: They had a WHA team called the stingers, so you could do a take on that. My personal take: Cincinnati is named after George Washington's Order of the Cincinnati which has ties to Revolutionary times. And the OotC gets its name from Cincinattus in Ancient Rome, a general who took the reigns of absolute power to resolve a military crisis, only to willingly give power back and return to farming. Lots of material for a concept there. Maybe a swords and plowshares thing.
  • Sacramento or San Fran, to create a rival for the Sharks.
Keep it up! I love these fully thought out complete threads.

I like the idea of those two locations. Rounds it up to an even 6 teams. It might take time but hopefully I'm up to the challenge.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

I love the sasquatch tree outline with being able to flip the pattern either way to see a tree. I really dislike the stripe design, I feel like it would fall horribly on an actual jersey in person. The logo is ok. I don't understand the motion of the blowing hair effect? I feel like you could really come up with something amazing here but need to push yourself to open up the box on some new ideas.

The owl for quebec is beautiful and the jersey is great as well but why did you choose nordiques? Nothing here screams nordiques at me other than using light blue from the past?

Miners logo is pretty sweet and I like the colors as well as the traditional jersey design.

I dunno, I'd just like to see you create a few other designs, while the logos look really sharp and crisp - some of them feel rushed and you could have made a "7/10" into a solid 10 with a little more thought behind the logo.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Christian Legault,

Don't take any of my comments in a negative light, I'm hoping to give you some constructive criticism or ideas. Use them if you will but just some thoughts after I saw your ideas.

Honestly I felt like the Beasts logo looked very flat, almost like road kill. I know it was supposed to look like a generic 'beast' which was well done! however, it look squished beyond recognition. What if you kept the beast persona but also included a hidden "H". Below is a an extremely rough idea of what I mean.

Hidden H:

ham1.png

etc.... As you see in the first photo there is a "H" and in the second photo you begin to see where an idea like this could take form. Add a nose and some whiskers and it really starts to take shape. The top of the H works great for the ears where the bottom of the H could be of edge of the faces fur - like a bobcat or you could make the bottom of the H into predator style teeth if you wanted to go with the ferocious look.

Again not telling you what to do, just throwing out ideas. I'd like to see what you could do with this type of idea adding more depth into your concepts.

*Even if you didn't distort the lines like I did to create the forehead/eyes you could still use slightly bent lines to form the ears and teeth design.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Hello everyone, decided to stay up late and whip up an idea for KC SCOUTSS. With all the native american head logos controversy i wanted to stay away from that. I also didnt really want to remake their old logo. so I decided to do this abstract KC lettering. The feather is the C, and with the tomahawk it makes a K. KC. It does have a minor league baseball feel to it so i need your help. Jersey will come after i have some cool ideas but for now, yay or nay.

7SHeet_zpsfkq0rhya.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

That symbol behind the tomahawk and feather is the sun symbol used by the zia people of New Mexico. That is a southwestern Native American symbol, it is not a Native American symbol of Kansas. The feather and tomahawk are just two hard to read and don't really work. Look at the scout statue that over looks the city. That's what they used for the old scouts logo, maybe u could do something like it, but Kansas City needs to change

All of these are great, but the Zia symbol from New Mexico will definitely not work for KC. I like the rest of that logo though. I would love to see a San Francisco team!

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Hamilton is up next.

Tigers is an iconic name, yes, but they already have a CFL team named the TI-CATS, so i kept the brand but change it up and made it more modern.

3SHEET_zpsc1v06d93.png

3JERSEY_zpso5slwmos.png

I'll post las vegas after I get some feedback for the beasts

Awesome work so far. I would change the black to blue, and render the beast in blue as well. When I hear Beast, I associate it with X-Men and I personally think it would look awesome in blue.

Hamilton is up next.

Tigers is an iconic name, yes, but they already have a CFL team named the TI-CATS, so i kept the brand but change it up and made it more modern.

3SHEET_zpsc1v06d93.png

3JERSEY_zpso5slwmos.png

I'll post las vegas after I get some feedback for the beasts

Awesome work so far. I would change the black to blue, and render the beast in blue as well. When I hear Beast, I associate it with X-Men and I personally think it would look awesome in blue.

I agree with the blue. My cousins live there and there is a lot of water and nautical sights and boats in the area. But the X-men Beast theme? Seems a bit minor leagueish to me. Blue would work but not Beast. Do you get what I'm saying? (Hope I'm not too confusing)

Made the changes to the logo. Jerseys should be up soon.

Might play around with the scout statue to make a logo.

With the HJC Open, IceHL, etc it might take some time to get some of the stuff posted up.

Regarding the Scouts: I like the colours, slightly adapted from the original team colours and all. Just make blue the primary, as Florida owns the Red-dominated Red-Blue-Yellow scheme.

As for the logo, I like the attempt at the stylized K and C, as that was a feature of the original 70's team. Maybe just do feathers for both letters, and ditch the tomahawk. And I agree that the NMex outline, while cool-looking, is not fitting the plains-warrior feel of "Scouts". But if you could adopt a similar idea, just modify it based on the art of local Missouri/Kansas/Nebraska native groups, like the Osage or Kanza. Example: http://www.ualr.edu/sequoyah/uploads/2011/11/The%20Osage%20--%20A%20Historical%20Sketch_files/Fig1.jpg

so I gave the statue logo a try. this is what it gave.

7SHEET.2_zpsijqfw4vs.png

7SHEET.1_zpsgacfc4ct.png

7JERSEY_zpskqqcbo5g.png

tell me which logo should be primary. as well as what I should call the next team. (most likely milwaukee). I did receive a few suggestions but id like more!.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Archived