BIG NHL EXPANSION PROJECT (Saskatchewan completed 28/7/15)

Christian Legault

Moving on from milwaukee, we have houston. I'll go for the space theme.
Heres a taste. I need your help, give me some things i could include, what direction should i go, what you like/dislike of the sample.
And a team name, I was thinking apollo but meh.. any ideas?

hou_zpswznp7kd4.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Saturns could be a pretty cool name for this team. It plays off NASA's history (Saturn V rockets were used in the Apollo program) and the logo has those rings around it like Saturn does.

Cool looking logo, it's a great start. I think if you made the lighter blue part in the ring/H either lighter or more of a purple it would stand out and pop more.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

I like what you've done with this Christian. It looks good as it is, or there's a number of ways you could go with it.

What if?...

You elongate the arc a tad and offset it. That will give the orb a sense of motion.

Then you drop the vertical bars of the "H" so that the top edges oh the "H" remain within the top half of the blue circle.

That creates the letters "H" and "M", in a "Hartford Whalers" kind of way.

Then go with "Houston Meteors".

Any way you go, it's looking good.

Would love to see a compilation graphic of your concepts when the series is done.

Good stuff!

Houston logo: Bold design, maybe add one more element, just to distinguish it from previous logos that have employed the H, orbit trail, and/or earth motifs (like older designs for the Astros and Rockets). Even a stylized puck orbiting the H should do the trick.

Just brainstorming here for Houston names:

-Aeros (still the best, and historical ties)

-Eagles (to honour the Apollo 11 landing module). Maybe tweak the logo to add elements of the mission badge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Apollo_11_insignia.png

-Apollos (or other spacecraft names, like Voyagers, Vikings, Pioneers, Horizons)

-Halos

-Launch

-Mercury/Mercuries (to honour The Right Stuff - Mercury program)

-Ice Giants (reference to bodies in our Solar System: Uranus and Neptune)

Guest darkpiranha

As much as I hate seeing concept threads become name-the-team spewing grounds, I suggest the Houston Cosmos.

Well, in defense of the spewers, at least this time, the OP did ask for name suggestions. But yeah, when it's unsolicited name-spewing, it's wearisome.

I love the that earthy brick orange color for Milwaukee, not to mention that I love the Pike logo!

With Houston, I prefer Apollos, Voyagers, Geminis, Saturns,* Comets, or even Ice Giants.^

Don't know if you're taking requests, but I'd like to see Salt Lake City, Oklahoma City, or Cleveland (if not already done). If Eagles isn't been taken by Houston (or anyone else), I'd like to see SLC (or Utah) with the name Eagles. I'd also mention using Green and Yellow, though they've worn a few other color schemes before.

*Though with Saturn, it's almost impossible for me to hear of the planet "Saturn" without thinking of yellow hues somewhere.

^The purple and blue color scheme for Houston roughly fits the hues of Uranus and Neptune.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Houston saturns or Apollo looks the way to go, I might play around with sparkys idea, so meteors maybe comets.

And I'll see what team I'll do after I finish with this one,

Regina, salt lake, okc, Cleveland, etc.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

thanks for your input since there wasnt a lot of negativity towards the logo i decided to keep it. It grew on me. I might try some meteor/comet ideas in the future.. It was a tough choice between apollo and saturns but since the logo seemed to be a bit more relatable to saturns I present to you.

9SHeet_zps1muf0tiq.png

9Jersey_zpsjuczhvsb.png

Obviously did not want another boring classic jersey so I went all out with the curvy stripes, Thoughts and ideas on the next franchise??

Ps this is getting so unrealistic in terms of cities but i don't care haha.

Edit: If you like to see the design process this was my first logo I decided to scrap.

houston_zps82bkb3gf.jpg

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

I want to see a Colorado team or an identity other than the Avs that focuses on the mountain identity and the wildlife there, like for team names, Elk, or Trout, or 14ers? And for a city, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, or Estes Park? Anyways, can't wait for Houston, and Milwaukee looks great.

The Estes Park Rangers

Colorado Springs Fever

Fort Collins Follies

thanks for your input since there wasnt a lot of negativity towards the logo i decided to keep it. It grew on me. I might try some meteor/comet ideas in the future.. It was a tough choice between apollo and saturns but since the logo seemed to be a bit more relatable to saturns I present to you.

9SHeet_zps1muf0tiq.png

Obviously did not want another boring classic jersey so I went all out with the curvy stripes, Thoughts and ideas on the next franchise??

Ps this is getting so unrealistic in terms of cities but i don't care haha.

Edit: If you like to see the design process this was my first logo I decided to scrap.

houston_zps82bkb3gf.jpg

The logo is WAYYYY too similar to your "C" in your sig and avy...

Archived