MISL/MASL

DJPez

Hello, I just want to point out that the Indoor Soccer section is severally outdated. On Major Indoor Soccer League, the teams are outdated and it no longer exist. The MISL merged with the PASL (Not on this website) and created the MASL which finished its first season and is getting ready for their second. Here are the wiki articles about the leagues where you can get the logos. I would have done it already if I could have since I love indoor soccer.

MISL - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Indoor_Soccer_League_(2008%E2%80%9314)

PASL - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Professional_Arena_Soccer_League_season

MASL (The merged laegue) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Arena_Soccer_League

Agreed. I always loved the old Stars jerseys.

As a Baltimorean, I was always partial to these, but the faux/semi-argyle wins.

Blast%2084-85%20Road%20Stamenkovic,%20StBALBLA1984GUIDE-134x300.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I went to game 1 of the championship this year at Royal Farms Arena. Genuinely the most exciting game I've ever seen live. The MASL is severely underrated and should get more publicity.

spacer.png

You missed the real heyday of indoor soccer in the 80s. The Blast and other teams used to play before frequent sellout crowds and played a much higher level of soccer than seems to be played now.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

You missed the real heyday of indoor soccer in the 80s. The Blast and other teams used to play before frequent sellout crowds and played a much higher level of soccer than seems to be played now.

Especially in the second half of the 1980s (and arguably the first half of the 1990s), there wasn't any competition for the best American players due to the lack of a professional outdoor league based here.

QPR%20Sig.png

Especially in the second half of the 1980s (and arguably the first half of the 1990s), there wasn't any competition for the best American players due to the lack of a professional outdoor league based here.

. . . and there were some really talented foreign players (or at least foreign players well suited to the indoor game).

From what I have seen lately, there is no one who can hold a candle to Steve Zungul, Tatu, Stan Stamenkovic, Mike Stankovic, Kai Haaskivi, Juli Veee . . . I could continue, but I will go with the ones I remember off the top of my head.

EDIT: Speaking of Stan Stamenkovic . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z14VvHTBeec

I'm not sure how to embed the video, so the link will have to do.

• 1 month later...

Well with the popularity of Major League Soccer, maybe there could be some kind of system. Maybe The Major indoor Soccer League can work with Major League Soccer. I really don't want the league to fail. I think that with help, the league can be a success. Start small and grow. I feel the same problem is haunting the Arena Football League and the National Lacrosse League.

Archived