2015 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

SEAHAWK SPECULATION:

Obviously, all mono blue for the home games.

But for the road, they mix things up.

@ ST. LOUIS: White/white

@ GREEN BAY: Gray/gray

@ CINCINNATI: White/blue

@ SAN FRANCISCO: White/gray

@ DALLAS COWBOYS: Blue/gray

@ MINNESOTA VIKINGS: White/blue

@ BALTIMORE RAVENS: White/white

@ ARIZONA CARDINALS: Gray/gray

A team hasn't worn their alternate in week 17 for a long time now. I think the last time was Cincinnati in 2008.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind that the season starts a week later than usual this year, so teams might wear darker colors sooner. For example, the Bengals usually wear white at home in Week 2, but this year Week 2 is the time Week 3 normally is, which is when the Bengals wear black, so they will likely not wear white at home vs San Diego.

The Chargers normally wear white at home Week 4, but this year Week 4 is in October, so they will likely wear navy vs Cleveland. An example of this is that in the 2010 season, they wore navy at home in week 4 vs Arizona because the week fell in October. All other years when Week 4 was in September they chose to wear white.

The season starting later is a good thing for those of us who don't like when teams wear white at home.

The BILLS will be wearing their 1965 based throwbacks for the season--home opener vs the COLTS on Sunday 13-September

They'll be honoring the 50-year anniversary of the '65 AFL Championship team who won the AFL Championship back-to-back over the SD Chargers.

The 'Shady' running back will be wearing # 25, that Spiller fella is now a Saint :)

hi-res-25d254f6287f0c8da28420ebc94be5e8_

Well, at least we have a legitimate reason this year. Still don't like the white at home.

Where did you hear this? I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I really hope if they wear those pointless white throwbacks they do it a week later against New England since we get that matchup every year.

Anyone know what the deal is with the Titans jersey color? I've seen Mariota hold up the navy and light blue jerseys and I've also seen both of them worn by other rookies too. The owner who chose to switch to navy is no longer with the team so I'm curious to see if they implement the columbia blue back into their color scheme, hopefully with both the pants and jerseys.

Some predictions for the upcoming season:

Browns wear all orange on Monday night vs BAL Week 11

Broncos wear all navy vs GB Wk 8 or KC Wk10

Jags bring back teal alternates for week 6 vs Texans

Panthers wear all black in primetime Wk7 vs PHI or WK 8 vs IND

Bengals wear orange week 5 vs Seattle and week 10 vs HOU on MNF

Bears wear throwbacks week 2 vs ARI, Week 11 vs DEN

Chargers wear powder blues on MNF vs PIT or CHI and Wk 13 vs DEN

Redskins wear throwbacks Wk 10 vs NO

Cardinals wear black Wk 4 vs STL

49ers wear black vs GB Wk 4

Rams wear throwbacks Wk 7 vs CLE, Wk 13 vs ARI

Ravens wear all black Wk 8 vs SD, W14 vs SEA

Eagles all black vs MIA wk 10

Though there is NO official word yet, I get the feeling that the Broncos will wear navy blue vs. the Packers, since they happened to win their Super Bowl over the Packers during the first season in which they started wearing navy blue uniforms (1997). Since the Broncos switched back to orange in 2012, they've worn the navy blue uniforms once per season. They wore navy blue in prime-time vs. the 49ers last season (2014), so yeah, all signs are pointing to the Green Bay game for the Broncos' alternate navy blue uniforms.

SEAHAWK SPECULATION:

Obviously, all mono blue for the home games.

But for the road, they mix things up.

@ ST. LOUIS: White/white

@ GREEN BAY: Gray/gray

@ CINCINNATI: White/blue

@ SAN FRANCISCO: White/gray

@ DALLAS COWBOYS: Blue/gray

@ MINNESOTA VIKINGS: White/blue

@ BALTIMORE RAVENS: White/white

@ ARIZONA CARDINALS: Gray/gray

Since the roof may be closed at AT&T Stadium, I am thinking the Seahawks will go mono-blue for that one.

Though there is NO official word yet, I get the feeling that the Broncos will wear navy blue vs. the Packers, since they happened to win their Super Bowl over the Packers during the first season in which they started wearing navy blue uniforms (1997). Since the Broncos switched back to orange in 2012, they've worn the navy blue uniforms once per season. They wore navy blue in prime-time vs. the 49ers last season (2014), so yeah, all signs are pointing to the Green Bay game for the Broncos' alternate navy blue uniforms.

Hopefully with white pants and orange stripe and not stupid mono.

Keep in mind that the season starts a week later than usual this year, so teams might wear darker colors sooner. For example, the Bengals usually wear white at home in Week 2, but this year Week 2 is the time Week 3 normally is, which is when the Bengals wear black, so they will likely not wear white at home vs San Diego.

The Chargers normally wear white at home Week 4, but this year Week 4 is in October, so they will likely wear navy vs Cleveland. An example of this is that in the 2010 season, they wore navy at home in week 4 vs Arizona because the week fell in October. All other years when Week 4 was in September they chose to wear white.

The season starting later is a good thing for those of us who don't like when teams wear white at home.

Whether the Bengals are going to wear white against the Chargers or not is a toss up. They didn't against the Titans last year on the 21, but they did against the Ravens in 2010 on the 19th.

The Chargers didn't wore navy against the Jets last year on the 5th of October, but the game was really hot at 91 degrees. The latest they have worn white at home recently is on Oct. 2 against the Dolphins in 2011.

Have the Skins ever peeled the logos off their helmets when wearing their throwbacks? I could have sworn a team took that approach, or at least took the stripes off?

That's what the Bears do.

The BILLS do it to. They remove the current centre striping and the leaping Bison and apply the 1965 stripes on the centre helmet and switch it to the 1962-1973 Grazing Bison logo.

Have the Skins ever peeled the logos off their helmets when wearing their throwbacks? I could have sworn a team took that approach, or at least took the stripes off?

The BILLS do it to. They remove the current centre striping and the leaping Bison and apply the 1965 stripes on the centre helmet and switch it to the 1962-1973 Grazing Bison logo.

The Packers do it as well. It makes their throwbacks look better, IMO.

BTW - The Packers throwbacks will be what they wore for the 1994 throwback bonanza. I'll predict they wear them against the Rams this year, as we always seem to throwback against the Rams.

ETA - I was wrong in my prediction. The team announced it would be worn 10/18 against San Diego.

It's where I sit.

The Packers do it as well. It makes their throwbacks look better, IMO.

BTW - The Packers throwbacks will be what they wore for the 1994 throwback bonanza. I'll predict they wear them against the Rams this year, as we always seem to throwback against the Rams.

ETA - I was wrong in my prediction. The team announced it would be worn 10/18 against San Diego.

And those are just as ugly now as they were back then. It's time the Packers just introduce a modern alternate set.

A guy an reddit broke down all TNF matchups for color-on-color.

Going week by week here:

WEEK 1: Steelers @ Patriots - Since black vs. navy doesn't contrast, it's "more probable than not" one team will have to wear white. As the Patriots usually wear dark at home, the Steelers are forced into white. Also, this is an NBC game and may not be covered under the TNF color on color package.

WEEK 2: Broncos @ Chiefs - Only contrasts if Broncos in navy, and they might not want to burn one of their two alternate-uniform uses on the road. Otherwise, Broncos will wear white.

WEEK 3: Redskins @ Giants - Maroon vs. blue contrasts, this is a color on color game.

WEEK 4: Ravens @ Steelers - Purple vs. black doesn't contrast, one team has to wear white. I can see the Steelers going white at home here.

WEEK 5: Colts @ Texans - Only contrasts if Texans in red, and they might not want to burn an alternate jersey use on TNF.

WEEK 6: Falcons @ Saints - Red vs. black contrasts, this is a color on color game.

WEEK 7: Seahawks @ 49ers - Dark blue vs. red contrasts, this is a color on color game provided the 49ers do not specifically block color on color by using their black alts.

WEEK 8: Dolphins @ Patriots - Aqua vs. dark blue contrasts, this is a color on color game.

WEEK 9: Browns @ Bengals - If the Bengals wear orange, the Browns can wear brown for color-on-color. If the Bengals wear black, the Browns can wear orange, but because the orange uni is likely the alternate, they might not want to burn an alternate jersey use on the road.

WEEK 10: Bills @ Jets - Blue vs. green contrasts enough for this game to be color on color.

WEEK 11: Titans @ Jaguars - Navy blue vs. black does not contrast, but if the Jaguars wear teal this can be color on color.

WEEK 12: Eagles @ Lions - Midnight green vs. light blue contrasts, this game is color on color provided it is part of the TNF color on color package. Lions have hosted a color on color Thanksgiving game before.

WEEK 12: Panthers @ Cowboys - Black vs. navy blue doesn't contrast, and the Panthers' light blue alt is still probably not a contrast considering the rest of the uniforms. I'd bet on the Cowboys wearing white in this one.

WEEK 12: Bears @ Packers - Now that the Packers' throwbacks are revealed, it's known that there are no way for these teams to contrast. Bears in white.

WEEK 13: Packers @ Lions - Green vs. light blue contrasts enough for color on color.

WEEK 14: Vikings @ Cardinals - Purple vs. red contrasts, this is a color on color game even if the Cardinals wear their black alts.

WEEK 15: Buccaneers @ Rams - Red vs. navy blue contrasts, this is a color on color game.

WEEK 15 (SAT): Jets @ Cowboys - Green vs. navy blue doesn't contrast enough for color on color, and even if this is part of the TNF color on color package the Cowboys likely declared white at home as soon as the schedule came out.

WEEK 16: Chargers @ Raiders - Only contrasts if Chargers in powder blue, and they might not want to burn an alternate jersey use on the road.

WEEK 16 (SAT): Redskins @ Eagles - Maroon vs. midnight green may or may not contrast; if Eagles go black, it definitely doesn't contrast.

Archived