2015 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the Bears alternates. I don't get why people, especially Bears fans, like those so much.

Because they feel very 1930's-40's but are still recognizably and undeniably the Bears, unlike some alts (Packers, Jets) where you don't know what team you're watching.

Looks like one of the Chargers powder blue games will be Monday night against Pittsburgh. Last year, the player on the game ticket was wearing the jersey the team would be wearing and the powder blue is shown on the PIT ticket this year.

Looks like the Chiefs game is going to be navy. I thought that game was going to be powder blue because it's a primetime game and the Chargers are honoring Ladainian Tomlinson.

I want to guess the other powder blue game is against the Bears but I have some doubt because the only time San Diego wore the modern powder blue against an NFC team was against San Francisco.

Wow 3rd time in 4 years the Bears chose to wear the throwbacks against the Packers

This was common with other teams.

The Steelers used to almost always wear the throwbacks with yellow helmets against the Ravens. The Chargers used to always wear powder blue against the Raiders. The Texans used to always wear red against the Jaguars. The Giants always wore red against the Cowboys. The Falcons almost always wore throwbacks against the Panthers. The Vikings used to always wear throwbacks against the Packers and Bears.

The Titans used to always wear columbia blue against the Texans. And speaking of that, I wonder if that will be the case again now that Tennessee has made navy their main color.

Just came thru, Bears 2015 uni schedule...

http://www.chicagobears.com/gameday/uniform_schedule.html

CLnJyOtWsAAvUM6.png

It's a shame the Bears are once again avoiding the white jersey/white pants combo. Still, this will be one of the rare instances in the modern NFL where a team gets to stick to the convention of color at home, white on the road, for every single game.

ClAFLDa.png

Looks like one of the Chargers powder blue games will be Monday night against Pittsburgh. Last year, the player on the game ticket was wearing the jersey the team would be wearing and the powder blue is shown on the PIT ticket this year.

Looks like the Chiefs game is going to be navy. I thought that game was going to be powder blue because it's a primetime game and the Chargers are honoring Ladainian Tomlinson.

I want to guess the other powder blue game is against the Bears but I have some doubt because the only time San Diego wore the modern powder blue against an NFC team was against San Francisco.

Yea I was hoping they would wear them against Chicago, which they still might, but I noticed the same thing about them avoiding NFC teams with the powder blues. They never seem to wear them against teams with lots of navy, so there ends up being too much navy in those games.

It's a shame the Bears are once again avoiding the white jersey/white pants combo. Still, this will be one of the rare instances in the modern NFL where a team gets to stick to the convention of color at home, white on the road, for every single game.

I've been frustrated when the Bears have worn white-over-white in recent years, because they use the wrong socks...

Chicago+Bears+v+Detroit+Lions+MQpcapWj7d

THIS is what they should be wearing...

gale-sayers.jpg

Personally, I like the white jersey/navy pants combo better than the all white combo. In fact, I enjoy seeing teams wear the visiting white jersey/colored pants a lot except for when they wear the "leotard" look, yes I am looking at you Ravens and Saints.

https://twitter.com/panthers/status/624643419491692544

Panthers home jersey schedule. No blue at home this year, so we'll probably see it Week 1 and 4, at Jacksonville and Tampa Bay respectively.

Yep: https://twitter.com/panthers/status/627163076643700736

We even get the blue on Thanksgiving!

That has Carolina wearing their alternates for 3 games (all on the road), yet the NFL rule has always limited teams to wearing throwbacks/alternates 2 times a season.

So what gives??

No those are the correct socks, they match the sleeve stripes.

To me the matching is invalidated by the pants stripe being inconsistent with the sleeve. Dark socks look much better.

Chicago+Bears+v+Detroit+Lions+MQpcapWj7d

Agreed. Matching the sleeve stripes and socks stripes is nice, but not when it means there's no contrast between the pants and socks. This to me is no different than the leotard look everyone hates so much with dark on dark... its a white leotard. Still doesn't say "NFL".

Archived