2015 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

I know you say some combos are just guesses and you'll adjust as need be, but I'm not sure where your getting the Vikings in all white.

The only time they ever wore white on white with this set was against the Bills in preseason in 2013. Maybe he's randomly guessing based on that or something.

20130816__130817-Vikings%20Ponder_400.jp

Actually, they wore all white the week before, too.

20130904__9-4%20Chris%20Cook.jpg

But ever since it's been white over purple.

That's right, they did. I remember saying to myself "looks like the purple pants are just going to be an alternate again" then they broke them out for week 1 that year and haven't looked back.

I wanted purple at first but now I actually miss the white pants. I think they should do 4 road games in purple and 4 in white.

Also apparently these extra white pants exist(ed?) for no reason, but were never worn. They even showed up in Madden. They're incredibly pointless:

SRVhxBV.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you say some combos are just guesses and you'll adjust as need be, but I'm not sure where your getting the Vikings in all white.

The only time they ever wore white on white with this set was against the Bills in preseason in 2013. Maybe he's randomly guessing based on that or something.

Yeah ... another team with colored pants wearing the wrong socks.

Purple socks with purple pants, it totally ruins a really nice look on an otherwise terrific new branded Minnesota away uniform.

Yet .... they have the correct socks when wearing their white pants.

Purple socks with purple pants, it totally ruins a really nice look on an otherwise terrific new branded Minnesota away uniform.

True, they have an acceptable contrast between pants and socks when wearing all white, but then the discord between pants stripe and jersey stripe throws me off. So, both possible road looks have a slight hitch that rakes my OCD.

My overly anal solution...

vikeroad_zpsfe0f4743.png

(I know it would drive some people crazy that they'd have two different sets of white pants, but apparently they already do, although they've never worn them. Plus, two pairs of white pants has precedent. Denver, San Diego, Atlanta...)

True, they have an acceptable contrast between pants and socks when wearing all white, but then the discord between pants stripe and jersey stripe throws me off. So, both possible road looks have a slight hitch that rakes my OCD.

vikeroad_zpsfe0f4743.png

(I know it would drive some people crazy that they'd have two different sets of white pants, but apparently they already do, although they've never worn them. Plus, two pairs of white pants has precedent. Denver, San Diego, Atlanta...)

107203586-quarterback-derek-anderson-of-105998116-running-back-tim-hightower-of-

Arizona also has two white pants

vikeroad_zpsfe0f4743.png

107203586-quarterback-derek-anderson-of-105998116-running-back-tim-hightower-of-

I feel the precedent for the other teams having two sets of white pants is because it flows better the the jerseys that the other pair of pants go with (i.e. San Diego navy jerseys + white/navy pants and their powder blue + white/pb pants.) Minnesota seemingly has two pairs of white pants for the sake of having two different sets of white pants.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

CONFIRMATION: The Chargers will NOT wear powder blue in back-to-back games vs. the Browns and Steelers, as previously speculated by the uniform color on the game tickets. Instead, they will wear powder blue for divisional home games vs. the Raiders (Week 7, 10/25/2015) and the Chiefs (Week 11, 11/22/2015).

http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/07/30/lightning-report

vikeroad_zpsfe0f4743.png

I feel the precedent for the other teams having two sets of white pants is because it flows better the the jerseys that the other pair of pants go with (i.e. San Diego navy jerseys + white/navy pants and their powder blue + white/pb pants.) Minnesota seemingly has two pairs of white pants for the sake of having two different sets of white pants.
i agree. cardinals shouldnt have the black

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.
Also before anyone says anything I know the Jets have worn white at home early over the last several years, but that was under Rex Ryan. Under Ryan they also wore all white in the preseason at Home and under Bowles they have already shown that not to be the case. Also with Rex in Buffalo now and him showing the same traits as he did with the Jets is why I have the Bills in all white.

Regular Season Week 1 (Part1)
Steelers @ Patriots
3xSXvL0.jpgw4hD5O6.jpg
Packers @ Bears
jQKByxE.jpgkDu1g1h.jpg
Chiefs @ Texans
mYnedIX.jpgr6GCfzy.jpg
Browns @ Jets
iNkq5qe.jpgodhkOad.jpg
Colts @ Bills
kie5RJ0.jpgt69jreV.jpg

I really hope the Rams continue where they left off last year and wear white pants with the navy jersey, especially for this game against the Seahawks.

Also, it has been confirmed that the Bills will be in the all white throwbacks.

And the Chargers have worn all white in their home opener the last 3 seasons so I'm sure they'll do it again this year.

A couple notes:

1) The Pats have worn a patch on opening night after a Super Bowl win before. I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe they're wearing one this year, but it is definitely possible.

2) The Vikings-49ers game is the epitome of "so close" to me. If the Vikings wore white socks and the 49ers fixed the sleeve stripes, it would be one of my favorite match ups of the week. Now, it's just visually frustrating to see two teams so close to looking great.

With the start of the regular season now less than a week away, here's a recap of teams that plan to wear something other than their standard home and away uniform ensemble:

• Carolina Panthers: Light blue jerseys three times — at Jacksonville (Week 1), at Tampa Bay (Week 4) and at Dallas (Thanksgiving Week 12); white jerseys at home for Weeks 2 & 3, black jerseys at home for the remainder of the season, beginning with SNF Week 7 vs. Philadelphia.
  • Chicago Bears: 1940s throwbacks vs. Green Bay (Week 1) and vs. San Francisco (Week 13).
  • Denver Broncos: Navy blue jerseys vs. Green Bay (SNF Week 8) and vs. Oakland (Week 14); will wear white pants vs. Green Bay and monochrome navy vs. Oakland.
  • Green Bay Packers: Navy blue throwbacks vs. San Diego (Week 6).
  • Houston Texans: White jerseys at home vs. Kansas City (Week 1), navy blue jerseys on the road at Carolina (Week 2), "Battle Red" jerseys vs. New England (Week 14). The Texans will wear the deep steel blue pants for home games vs. Tennessee (Week 8) and vs. New Orleans (Week 12), white pants for all other home games. It is still unknown if the Texans will be forced to wear navy blue at Jacksonville in Week 6.
  • Miami Dolphins: Throwback jerseys vs. the N.Y. Giants (MNF Week 14). It is unknown if the Dolphins will wear their aqua jerseys for the Week 4 International Series game vs. the N.Y. Jets in London, since it occurs away from the South Florida heat.
  • N.Y. Giants: White pants vs. Washington (Week 3) and vs. New England (Week 10), gray pants for all other games.
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: 1934 "bumblebee prison" throwbacks vs. Cincinnati (Week 8).
  • San Diego Chargers: Powder blue jerseys vs. Oakland (Week 7) and vs. Kansas City (SNF Week 11).

There is still no official word as to if & when the following teams will wear their alternate jerseys: Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans and Washington Redskins. The Falcons, Bengals and Rams normally announce their uniform schedules during the preseason, while the Cardinals, Ravens, Eagles and Seahawks typically only announce their uniform colors one week in advance.

Archived