Colorado Avalanche Rebrand

DTConcepts

With the Avs getting 'New jerseys' at the draft, they missed a golden opportunity to replace the aprons they currently wear. Because of this, I decided to take advantage of the new logo they introduced and make a total makeover for the Avs. Here they are! I decided to keep the logos from the current era, as they're not that bad, but I added a recolored Rockies logo. The jerseys bring a modernized stance on the famous jerseys from the Stanley Cup eras, utilizing the Rocky Mountain imagery in a new way. The 3rd jersey is a way to connect with the previous 3rd jerseys of the organization, while bringing in a throwback-ish feel. Feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Primary Logo:

CJAFFm4UkAEpBs0.png

Secondary Logo:

CJAFF8BUsAASGOL.png

Secondary Logo:

CJAFEugUsAAl_Bg.png

Home Jersey:

CJAFFbBUwAA7CAb.png

Away Jersey:

CJAGEknUMAAZtyD.png

3rd Jersey:

CJAHBKNVAAE5Asu.png

Since it needs to be repeated again...

Avoid the "teaser image" when starting a thread. Start your thread after your concept is done and include it in the first post. Starting a thread with a "coming soon" type image only bumps current concepts down the page without adding anything new to the forum.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Avs need a rebrand. I'm Curious.

I don't think they need a rebrand as much and just fixing the jerseys

Fixing the jerseys and maybe getting an updated/new logo IMO. (Does that count as a rebrand?)

keep-calm-and-read-the-rules-12.png

Thats messed up

The rules of what?

The rules of the concepts board....like you're not supposed to post a teaser. When you make a new thread on this board, the first post should include a concept.

*Avoid the "teaser image" when starting a thread. Start your thread after your concept is done and include it in the first post. Starting a thread with a "coming soon" type image only bumps current concepts down the page without adding anything new to the forum.

gYH2mW9.png

keep-calm-and-read-the-rules-12.png

Thats messed up

The rules of what?

The rules of the concepts board....like you're not supposed to post a teaser. When you make a new thread on this board, the first post should include a concept.

*Avoid the "teaser image" when starting a thread. Start your thread after your concept is done and include it in the first post. Starting a thread with a "coming soon" type image only bumps current concepts down the page without adding anything new to the forum.

Not sure why you'd have to keep calm while reading that, but okay. I'm still interested in seeing the concept.

It's not messed up. There has been at least half a dozen new threads started in the past week that break forum rules.

Not sure why it upsets you. We've just gone over this time and time again.

I'm not upset I just misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Avs need a rebrand. I'm Curious.

I don't think they need a rebrand as much and just fixing the jerseys

Fixing the jerseys and maybe getting an updated/new logo IMO. (Does that count as a rebrand?)

I'd fix the jersey and leave the main logo alone in real life. For a concept... go crazy!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Here they are! I decided to keep the logos from the current era, as they're not that bad, but I added a recolored Rockies logo. The jerseys bring a modernized stance on the famous jerseys from the Stanley Cup eras, utilizing the Rocky Mountain imagery in a new way. The 3rd jersey is a way to connect with the previous 3rd jerseys of the organization, while bringing in a throwback-ish feel. Feedback is appreciated! Thanks! (Also added to main post)

Primary Logo:

CJAFFm4UkAEpBs0.png

Secondary Logo:

CJAFF8BUsAASGOL.png

Secondary Logo:

CJAFEugUsAAl_Bg.png

Home Jersey:

CJAFFbBUwAA7CAb.png

Away Jersey:

CJAGEknUMAAZtyD.png

3rd Jersey:

CJAHBKNVAAE5Asu.png

The Colorado flag patch is not strong enough to be a secondary logo, let alone the primary. Same goes for the re-coloured Rockies logo. That being said, the striping of all three jerseys look pretty good. I just wish the current logos were used, or something similar to them.

Sorry bud, not a fan. The ideas are ok I guess, but the execution needs some help.

Let's talk about the logos. I know that this is a concept board and therefore things can (and sometimes should) get pretty crazy in terms of design, but the fact that the ''A'' logo is reduced to a secondary logo is outrageous! Ok, maybe that's an overstatement, but none of the other logos used here are better than the ''A'' and it's a shame that the strongest logo isn't really used here. I can't fault you for wanting to try something new, but it's just too good of a crest not to be used as a primary. The new ''C'' logo is boring, uninspired, and has little personality, especially compared to the ''A''. If you wanted to use it on an alternate jersey I could understand, but on BOTH the home and away?! I'm sure that you wanted to take advantage of a novelty, but the ''C'' logo is quite dull and just doesn't scream Avalanche. Also, I see that you're trying to tie all the logos together by including the old Rockies logo with the new ''C'' and the ''A'' logos, but the Rockies were a completely different organization altogether. Other than the fact that they both played hockey in the same state, the Avs and Rockies (currently Devils) have no ties to each other. I do like the Rockies logo, but it really has no place in the Avalanche oragnization realistically. Last of all, I am puzzled as to why you used that particular font for the 3rd jersey. The Avs already have a diagonal COLORADO crest that they've used before. Why use a different one? Not to be harsh, but this font doesn't have much creativity to it and could probably be used for any team. It just isn't unique to Colorado. Plus, it isn't exactly centered on the sweater, it needs to be moved to the right a bit more. By the way, this is the fourth different crest you've used for only three jerseys. Seems like a bit much. Focus on one or two, but three is usually the max.

Now on to the jerseys. The first thing that jumped out at me was the mismatched colors. The burgundy on the logos and numbers aren't the same shade as the burgundy in the uniforms. The steel blue is harder to notice, but it looks like you've got the same problems there too. The numbers on the back are way too low. Both the numbers and the nameplate need to be moved up. The name on the back should pretty much touch the shoulder-yoke. Plus the name on the first two needs to be larger, I can barely read it. On the 3rd jersey, I would recommend making the arm stripes thinner. Unless it was a deliberate move on your part, the numbers shouldn't be that close to the shoulder. Maybe you planned it that way, but I don't know of any other team that puts the numbers that high up the arm. I am also curious as to your choice of the number font. The Avs have a singular style for thier numbers, why change it? This block font is used by more than half the league. The Avs should embrace thier identity, not try to be like everyone else. Finally, Burgundy is the Avs primary color, but you have two blue jerseys and a white. At least one of them needs to be burgundy. I can understand having a blue jersey as an alternate, but burgundy is THE team color and it doesn't make sense to use anything else for the home jersey.

Design-wise it isn't bad, but the shoulder yokes could use a little more color. One or two thin stripes on the edges would improve things. The mountain designs on the sides are an ok choice, but they also look like lightning bolts. Not sure what you can do there other than making the peaks a little less jagged. You said that you want the 3rd jersey to have a throwback feel. I don't mind using an alternate for a throwback, but a throwback to what exactly? It doesn't quite look like anything the team has worn before.

Good luck on you future concepts and I hope this helps with improvements.

Archived