Las Vegas Expansion NHL

VitorioArts

Hey Guys! Since there is a big possibility that there will be a NHL team in Las Vegas, I have decided to make a concept. So lets start the logo and color scheme. The logo is a Desert Bighorn Sheep, which is the Nevada state animal (Hence the name of the team). The colors are the state flag colors. Hope you like this one! C&C Welcome!

LasVegasLongHorns1_zps7vanwq4u.jpg

LasVegasLongHorns2_zps4mruzkgc.jpg

Looks good, but not sure about the name. Might be taken pretty badly by some weirdos.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Guest darkpiranha

A couple of small suggestions: Change the goat to a playing card, and change the colors to red and black, and I think you might be on to something.

Just kidding. Looks cool so far, but at first, I thought it had turned into a thread about the Rams relocating to Vegas and becoming a hockey team. Not that you NEED to differentiate it from the Rams, but that would be my only suggestion.

doesn't really have a Las Vegas feel to it. Maybe use more of a yellowish gold then vegas gold. Maybe add another brighter color in too.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I also think it's great to see a Vegas concept that plays off of something other than gambling; the city (and state) does have more going for it than that but it's rarely seen in concepts. Regarding the design itself I think it looks really sharp and aggressive which I assume you were going for. The gold-ish color has just enough green in it and there's enough grays to differentiate it well from the NFL Rams and it creates a pretty unique pallet for the NHL. All in all, awesome job!

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

I will mirror all the positive comments directed at the use of a non-gambling mascot. great job. Cool idea, well executed, cool colors. I think the only thing I would play with if I was you is the white space between the horns and neck. I would take a stab at adding the second horn in that space since the angle of the sheep makes me believe that the second horn would actually be visible in real life. This will make your logo more "full" if you will. good stuff though.

I also think it's great to see a Vegas concept that plays off of something other than gambling; the city (and state) does have more going for it than that but it's rarely seen in concepts. Regarding the design itself I think it looks really sharp and aggressive which I assume you were going for. The gold-ish color has just enough green in it and there's enough grays to differentiate it well from the NFL Rams and it creates a pretty unique pallet for the NHL. All in all, awesome job!

If he made a concept about the things Las Vegas has other than gambling and Bighorns I'm pretty sure he'd get banned.

Guest darkpiranha

This concept is great, but makes me think the team name should be "NEVADA BIG HORNS" instead of Las Vegas.

Excellent suggestion.

Archived