Carpenter's Bar & Grille!

DCarp1231

Not bad. As I previously mentioned, I'd remove the stroke on the second line of type and make it a solid color, then I feel like number 1 there may be a winner.

are you saying use the "Bar & Grille" from number 2 and put it in number 1?

I think taking away the square really improved the general look of the set. It works well with just the wordmark and the seagull, and I am very intrigued with the triangle. It dosent seem like a very unique brand element, but the more I think about it it has a very beachy vibe and I think it could work very well with the seagull centerpiece

I love watching this logo develop as you apply people's suggestions!

Coming from a branding perspective, I have a few questions:

• Why the seagull? Are you located near water where the gulls would be present? I think that would be the only case where it would make sense. Otherwise gulls are known for hanging around fast food parking lots and garbage dumps, neither of which have positive connotations with restaurants.
  • Try a standing gull as well. It's not necessarily better. Just wondering!
  • Are you set on a color pallet? Depending on your target demographic you need to pay close attention to what colors you choose. Think of the McDonald's, Arby's, and Applebee's logos. Also: Wendy's and A&W's. All use warm colors like red, yellow and/or orange. These warm colors evoke comfort and stability, and appeal to the family demographic. You'll notice almost every chain of fast food places use these colors somewhere (even bloody White Castle uses orange!). Conversely, if you are looking into an older, pub-oriented clientèle, then you have more flexibility. Also consider your location in your color decision. If you were in Boston, for example, you might want to use vintage looking tones. Miami: pastels. The midwest: full-on Americana. Look to what your major sports teams are doing. They pay experts ungodly sums of money to choose just the right pallet for the region, based on history, geography and culture, to name a few.

Keep it up! I think you're getting close!

I love watching this logo develop as you apply people's suggestions!

Coming from a branding perspective, I have a few questions:

• Why the seagull? Are you located near water where the gulls would be present? I think that would be the only case where it would make sense. Otherwise gulls are known for hanging around fast food parking lots and garbage dumps, neither of which have positive connotations with restaurants.
  • Try a standing gull as well. It's not necessarily better. Just wondering!
  • Are you set on a color pallet? Depending on your target demographic you need to pay close attention to what colors you choose. Think of the McDonald's, Arby's, and Applebee's logos. Also: Wendy's and A&W's. All use warm colors like red, yellow and/or orange. These warm colors evoke comfort and stability, and appeal to the family demographic. You'll notice almost every chain of fast food places use these colors somewhere (even bloody White Castle uses orange!). Conversely, if you are looking into an older, pub-oriented clientèle, then you have more flexibility. Also consider your location in your color decision. If you were in Boston, for example, you might want to use vintage looking tones. Miami: pastels. The midwest: full-on Americana. Look to what your major sports teams are doing. They pay experts ungodly sums of money to choose just the right pallet for the region, based on history, geography and culture, to name a few.
Keep it up! I think you're getting close!
Thanks for the feedback! Honestly, I'm not totally set on the seagull. Now that you mention it, the seagull isn't very appealing. I basically only used it as a filler. I am open to suggestions though!

For the color palette, I think I like the blue/orange/red/yellow I used in one of my designs, but I will continue to play around with other palette.

Update:

With the seagull still intact, I have designed new logos. I feel like I am getting closer finalizing the logo.

The first and second logos are essentially a set of primary and secondary logos

The third logo has the seagull taking on a lesser role

Thoughts?

BarGrille16_zps6kvd5oiy.png

BarGrille17_zps8jmxyy1l.png

One and two are looking good. If you are sticking with the gull, keep it in flight. In the second, the circle evokes a sunset, and the gull in silhouette reinforces this. It's telling me that this is place I should go to after work and get a good fish sandwich and a pint.

You could use both the first and second interchangeably.

Any way of moving the last 's' over so that it touches the apostrophe?

Update:

Moved the 's' closer to the apostrophe so it touches it

BarGrille18_zpsxruifkt7.png

New Logo:

It's more of a partial logo. I couldn't find a place to put the seagull so I decided to leave it out. I believe it gets the point across though. " C's B&G " has a nice ring to it as well.

BarGrille19_zpstxsywvqc.png

Any other improvements that need to be made to any of the logos?

Archived