LA Clippers Rebrand

raysox

Really quick concept here. Total, it took about 4 hours to complete start to finish. The new logos are god awful. Very rarely do I see a logo that makes me want to completely rebrand them to cleanse my palette, but it happened yesterday.

A Clipper is a fast ship. There is imagery in there, but they never use it. I started sketching a logo in class yesterday of a wavy circle with a ship peaking into frame and some sails going out. I made it pretty quickly on my computer after some tweaks. I want people to realize what it is after looking at it after a while. The script is the Toledo Mud Hens font with some thick outlines. I also didn'[t want to bunch up the set with a bland LA logo, so what I did was make LA in maritime alphabet letters to put under the back collar.

The jerseys are new too. I never do basketball concepts, so I didn't have a template. I made a basketball one from my soccer template. Nike is taking over the NBA contract in a few seasons, so I made sure I used them. The home and away are based on the Louisville March Madness uniforms this year. The alternate I chose light blue over navy because it would be more unique.

Clippers2.png

Clippers3.png

Clippers5.png

This is probably the only reason I've gone on twitter the past few days, just to see this. On the logo, my one complaint is that I don't like how the front of the ship comes to a point and thins out so much. I think that if you added another anchor point to square off the end, it'll look better and not as thin. Also, the numbers are a little tough to read on the alt, I would add a white stroke around the blue outline to give it some contrast. The 3 and 2 look a little far apart, but maybe that's just me.

spacer.png

I really like the font for the word-mark.

It might be a tad busy for the numbers but they look o.k.

The unis are really sharp.

Great use of the nautical flags to spell out "L A" (quite nauty...very cool).

I like the logo although I feel there could have been some detail in the ship silhouette. ( sails and side planks).

Definitely enter this in the UniWatch contest. (Today is the deadline)

This is phenominal. You make great work, and I wish the Clippers could have went with this! I love the alt uni.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

What's this? An NBA logo without a basketball in it?? In all seriousness though, this looks fantastic. I think the primary logo is my favorite aspect as it uses the colour scheme in a perfectly balanced fashion.

This is beautiful, no complaints, and I see you now have a basketball template, will you release this template?

More than likely! I wanna play with it a little first but I made it for every one. Thanks all around everyone, I really liked doing this concept and it blew up my Twitter notifications.

My only gripe here is that the outline is a little too thick on the letters. It's specifically noticeable on the white and blue jerseys, as the red just doesn't quite separate enough from the navy...the letters are a little difficult to make out.

That said, I love the idea. I was excited to actually see this once I caught your tweet last night. Good stuff, as usual.

Ohhhh man, that's good. The main logo. the alternates, the wordmarks and unis... all incredible.

You illustration style is very cool. I would serisouly buy merch with those logos, and I don't even like the NBA.

I guess the good thing about horrible rebrands is that we get to see lots of amazing concepts from designers online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived