LA CLIPPERS REDESIGN CONCEPT

OmegaRed

With all the recent contests running for the rebrand of the LA Clippers, I wanted to join in on the fun.
My concept has been online for about a week now and has received some cool reviews. I originally had designed it for a contest run by the LA Times.
Not saying mine is better or worse than what the Clippers are using, this was just my take on the brand and the direction I would take with it.

I really respect the opinions of the community on this site. Love to hear any thoughts or general convo about any other NBA teams that could use a rebrand.

Thanks!

clippers_v1_zpspasra1pr.jpg

clippers_v2_zps8iztokya.jpg

clippers_v3_zpst9c0nzwk.jpg

clippers_v4_zpsyrqgtmca.jpg

clippers_v5_zpsp9dou2bn.jpg

clippers_v6_zpsaeqr3yfd.jpg

spacer.png

Wow those logos are great! The units are not to good though. I would go with something more like a typical basketballs uniform.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Those are the best logos I have ever seen, hands down. They are all fantastic, but I would make the ship-in-ball the primary. Incredible work man!!! Personally, I would drop the gold and emphasize light blue and red, with navy as more of an accent color. I would go more traditional with the uniforms, but definitely still far better than what they got with their recent update

These logos are near perfect but I think a re color would really put these over the top. I would go for orange and the powder blue with the navy used sparingly as an accent. Just to give this a unique color scheme and also taking it back to the classic San Diego color scheme. I would also definitely make the ship brown on your secondary/tertiary.

As far as the uniforms go..I would definitely suggest scraping these and starting fresh.

Really nice work on the logos.

The logos are maybe the best I have seen out of ll of the Clippers concepts. Great work on them. The only thing I would change about them is that I would make the secondary the primary and the primary the secondary. Other than that, you have yourself a great set of logos. The uniforms though, are not good. They remind me of the old Raptors ones, when they were half purple and half black. Those unis were put in the cycle in the late 90's, and these unis make me think of that era. Update them and stop clashing colors (away set) and you have ypurself a great concept for the LA Clippers.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I'll eventually blow this out into a larger presentation on my site so I'll look at revising the jerseys as they seem to not be there yet.

Interesting thought about the colour change @Deion.Blackwell8. I'll take a look at what the power blue and orange looks like.

I thought about having the secondary as the primary. Might be a good call, I guess my thought was to not have another roundel primary. But I think you guys are right, a swap might be in order.

What's great about this site and forum is that is can be like a focus group to see what works and what doesn't. Thanks again guys. Your comments help a ton.

spacer.png

Not saying mine is better or worse than what the Clippers are using, this was just my take on the brand and the direction I would take with it.

Oh trust me, yours is much better. Logos are stunning. Uniforms don't look that good to me, but logos are great.

fiowXOD.png

Wow. Those logos are incredible and the illustration is top drawer.

The only thing I can nitpick is that I would like to see you pick a color scheme and stick with it. Every design and uniform has its own color hierarchy, and nothing really flows from one design into the next apart from the illustration style... It's not as unified as it could be.

the home jersey needs to be reworked because right now you would have a very hard time trying to tell if its blue or if its white, the same problem BYU's "bib jerseys" were not allowed by the NCAA because they were unable to tell either

bib_crop_north.jpg?w=273&h=367&q=75

Wow. Those logos are incredible and the illustration is top drawer.

The only thing I can nitpick is that I would like to see you pick a color scheme and stick with it. Every design and uniform has its own color hierarchy, and nothing really flows from one design into the next apart from the illustration style... It's not as unified as it could be.

I agree. Fantastic logos, but the color scheme is inconsistent. The uniforms are the weakest part, and the color scheme contributes to this.

You specify red, gold, and navy, but I also see a second shade of gold, a lighter blue, two shades of silver, and then a black uniform.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived