2015 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

"Alouette" is the French name of the lark.

Say what you will about Nike/Adidas/Under Armour, but if one of them gets the contract and markets it properly it would bring some much needed attention to the league. Imagine if Nike promoted the new uniforms as much as anything else they promote.

Adidas already has the contract, as Adidas owns Reebok. The "Reebok" brand is being phased out of the team apparel market so I wouldn't expect much of a splash if Adidas renews. They'd just switch out the Reebok logos for Adidas logos.

With Nike or UA? Maybe. Nike CAN make a show of something if they think it's worthy of promotion. Just look at their NCAA portfolio. The big schools get the unique designs and heavy marketing blitz. The smaller schools order their uniforms out of a catalogue. Nike already has the NFL contract, so I doubt they'd see much value in promoting the CFL. You'd probably see most of the league go with template designs because of, well, the catalogue.

UA would probably make a big deal out of it, which would be great if I thought they'd do good work. The biggest media/marketing blitz in the world isn't going to accomplish anything if most of the league looks terrible.

I don't know why you have such little faith in UA being unable to make good looks for the CFL. There only duds when it comes to uniforms are Maryland's Pride Uniforms, and the Wounded Warrior project uni. everything else has been far superior to adidas' crappy designs, and reebok who are still using ripon templates and mesh material for the CFL.

Reebok is Adidas. As for the Ripon templates? Good. I don't have a problem with them.

As for UA? They, like Nike, seem to suffer from a case of too much creativity. They seem enamoured with the idea of "change for the sake of change." I fear for the teams that I feel currently have perfect or near-perfect looks if they got the contract.

You also need to remember that this would be UA's first shot at a league contract. They'd probably go all out, which means a lot of that excess of "creativity" would be on display.

The previous Reebok /adidas uniforms suffered the same issues of over creation which led to the current sets. And last year's alts were almost all paint by numbers or throw a crazy design on it and see what sticks.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say what you will about Nike/Adidas/Under Armour, but if one of them gets the contract and markets it properly it would bring some much needed attention to the league. Imagine if Nike promoted the new uniforms as much as anything else they promote.

Adidas already has the contract, as Adidas owns Reebok. The "Reebok" brand is being phased out of the team apparel market so I wouldn't expect much of a splash if Adidas renews. They'd just switch out the Reebok logos for Adidas logos.

With Nike or UA? Maybe. Nike CAN make a show of something if they think it's worthy of promotion. Just look at their NCAA portfolio. The big schools get the unique designs and heavy marketing blitz. The smaller schools order their uniforms out of a catalogue. Nike already has the NFL contract, so I doubt they'd see much value in promoting the CFL. You'd probably see most of the league go with template designs because of, well, the catalogue.

UA would probably make a big deal out of it, which would be great if I thought they'd do good work. The biggest media/marketing blitz in the world isn't going to accomplish anything if most of the league looks terrible.

I don't know why you have such little faith in UA being unable to make good looks for the CFL. There only duds when it comes to uniforms are Maryland's Pride Uniforms, and the Wounded Warrior project uni. everything else has been far superior to adidas' crappy designs, and reebok who are still using ripon templates and mesh material for the CFL.

Reebok is Adidas. As for the Ripon templates? Good. I don't have a problem with them.

As for UA? They, like Nike, seem to suffer from a case of too much creativity. They seem enamoured with the idea of "change for the sake of change." I fear for the teams that I feel currently have perfect or near-perfect looks if they got the contract.

You also need to remember that this would be UA's first shot at a league contract. They'd probably go all out, which means a lot of that excess of "creativity" would be on display.

The previous Reebok /adidas uniforms suffered the same issues of over creation which led to the current sets. And last year's alts were almost all paint by numbers or throw a crazy design on it and see what sticks.

They were, but the current crop of primaries is as good as I could expect from any of the big three manufacturers.

They'll also most likely put the teams in the fugly Techfit template. No, thanks.

You speak of this as though Adidas doesn't get too creative. They are by far the worst offenders in college football, just look at the duct tape and graffiti covered uniforms Louisville will wear in their opener next year. Look at notre dame and Michigander alternates over the years. Look at almost everything that Adidas does that isn't a retro look, they fail miserably at new designs. Their tech fit jerseys suck as well. Michigan is switching from Adidas to Nike because they can't take Adidas' piss pore quality no more, and don't wear their techfit jerseys at all because they didn't like them because they had 0 durability. And I can almost bet my bottom dollar that if Adidas takes over the CFL they will be in tech fit unis.

Except no they don't, they wear ripon jerseys with a reebok logo on them. Adidas will want their tech fits to be worn rather than just slapping the Adidas logo on instead. And techfit jerseys will not work for over half of the league.

Except no they don't, they wear ripon jerseys with a reebok logo on them. Adidas will want their tech fits to be worn rather than just slapping the Adidas logo on instead. And techfit jerseys will not work for over half of the league.

They'll simply redo all of the uniforms. The only one i see no problem switching over is Ottawa.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Except no they don't,

Yes, this do.

Adidas. Owns. Reebok. If Adidas wanted the CFL in their techfit jerseys the CFL would be using techfit jerseys.

They could but they don't, since it's reebok's logo on the uniform Adidas doesn't care about putting the CFL in techfit, instead they go with the cheaper option of ripon producing the jerseys because it doesn't directly point back to Adidas. But if Adidas gets the contract and starts putting their logos on the uniforms the uniforms are going to have to switch to techfit to fit Adidas' branding.

They were never able to force the NFL to do it, I don't see them doing the same to the CFL without a new contract.

Multiple NFL teams and players wore TechFit jersrys. Also, the NFL holds a lot more sway about the specifics of an apparel contract than the CFL ever would.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They were never able to force the NFL to do it, I don't see them doing the same to the CFL without a new contract.

Multiple NFL teams and players wore TechFit jersrys. Also, the NFL holds a lot more sway about the specifics of an apparel contract than the CFL ever would.
Adidas tried putting all the Giants players in Techfit, but I'm not aware of any other team or players wearing it outside of practice jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Adidas is certainly guilty of pushing their techfit uniforms at the college level, especially the shockweb, but they DO have several legitimate custom options that would fall into the "normal" category, so as long as they're not Hell-bent on pushing techfit (which I could legitimately see since it's Canadian football), they could easily produce some solid looks

Except no they don't,

Yes, this do.

Adidas. Owns. Reebok. If Adidas wanted the CFL in their techfit jerseys the CFL would be using techfit jerseys.

They could but they don't, since it's reebok's logo on the uniform Adidas doesn't care about putting the CFL in techfit, instead they go with the cheaper option of ripon producing the jerseys because it doesn't directly point back to Adidas. But if Adidas gets the contract and starts putting their logos on the uniforms the uniforms are going to have to switch to techfit to fit Adidas' branding.

Adidas put NFL teams in techfit during the final years of the NFL's contract with Reebok. If Adidas wanted the CFL in techfit it would have happened under the Reebok banner by now.

They'll also most likely put the teams in the fugly Techfit template. No, thanks.
I cringe at what would happen to Hamilton's jerseys in that template.

Except no they don't,

Yes, this do.

Adidas put NFL teams in techfit during the final years of the NFL's contract with Reebok. If Adidas wanted the CFL in techfit it would have happened under the Reebok banner by now.
Except this is the CFL not the NFL, Adidas doesn't care if a team in a less popular league with the reebok logo on the uniform halls the newest template, but if it has the Adidas logo then they are going to want to make sure it follows its branding of using Techfit jerseys.

Archived