Unused or Old Uniforms Teams Should Wear

Baseballfan

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been a fan of the Eagles 1940's logo (not married to the "Eagles" font though),

The white Eagles helmets and their Harold Carmichael-era jerseys matched together would be perfect. White jerseys with green pants. Green jerseys with white pants (the silver pants always looked like sweatpants to me).

ll55YhH.png

ssTLqCy.jpg

V1NWZJK.jpg

vjDw9sy.jpg

wayne_morris_1979_11_18.jpg

I wonder how Nike would interpret that look, since that sleeve design would be impossible on the Nike template.

I've always been a fan of the Eagles 1940's logo (not married to the "Eagles" font though),

The white Eagles helmets and their Harold Carmichael-era jerseys matched together would be perfect. White jerseys with green pants. Green jerseys with white pants (the silver pants always looked like sweatpants to me).

ll55YhH.png

ssTLqCy.jpg

V1NWZJK.jpg

vjDw9sy.jpg

wayne_morris_1979_11_18.jpg

I wonder how Nike would interpret that look, since that sleeve design would be impossible on the Nike template.

Here was my shot at putting that uniform on a nike template...

AJUNK_zpswlzdg4my.png

I was in the minority of those who liked the neon green for the Hawks (at least once a season, not always). My only caveat would be to wear them with white instead of the blue pants. But, given the new Nike template/look, I'd like to see a revised neon green jersey design used once a season.

seahawkgreenwhite.jpg

I thought these jerseys were nice. Probably would have looked better with either white or slate pants instead of navy though.

The sun that day did them no favors but the jerseys were nice when seen in person or in the shade.

0ap2000000205884_gallery_600.jpg?01AD=3s

This is the best the 49ers have ever looked. Their current look is horrendous.

7a54b-22-jump-street-featurette-captain-

You can add all the funny pics you want, but that era in 49ers uniform history is flawless. That was a perfect example of how to modernize an old look. The black color addition goes perfectly with the dark red. The red facemask is light years better than the horrible grey facemasks. The "SF" intertwined into the sleeve stripes looks great. Even the gold trim around the numbers and finished with the black shadow is flawless. It was a tragedy when they got rid of these.

Nope. That uniform was a perfect example of bad 90's design. They hit all the marks... darken the main color for a tougher look? Check! Add unnecessary black trim? Check! Huge F'n drop shadows? Check! Repeat the helmet logo on the sleeve (like we some how missed it the first time)? Check! Hey, for total logo overkill, throw it on the hip, too!! Check, check, check! Lazy crap. And to twist the knife, the mismatch stripes between helmet and pants.

Worst of all, the went with this generic 90's nightmare in place of an absolute classic uniform that they won numerous titles in. Fail on all levels.

The current uniform has just one problem... the sleeve stripe misstep. Other than that, it near perfect.

Two problems. The outdated gray facemask has to go too. ;)

You can add all the funny pics you want, but that era in 49ers uniform history is flawless. That was a perfect example of how to modernize an old look. The black color addition goes perfectly with the dark red. The red facemask is light years better than the horrible grey facemasks. The "SF" intertwined into the sleeve stripes looks great. Even the gold trim around the numbers and finished with the black shadow is flawless. It was a tragedy when they got rid of these.

Nope. That uniform was a perfect example of bad 90's design. They hit all the marks... darken the main color for a tougher look? Check! Add unnecessary black trim? Check! Huge F'n drop shadows? Check! Repeat the helmet logo on the sleeve (like we some how missed it the first time)? Check! Hey, for total logo overkill, throw it on the hip, too!! Check, check, check! Lazy crap. And to twist the knife, the mismatch stripes between helmet and pants.

Worst of all, the went with this generic 90's nightmare in place of an absolute classic uniform that they won numerous titles in. Fail on all levels.

The current uniform has just one problem... the sleeve stripe misstep. Other than that, it near perfect.

That grey facemask ruins it for me. I might actually be OK with the khaki look of their pants if the face mask was red. The gray plus the not shiny pants makes it too plain IMO.

Here was my shot at putting that uniform on a nike template...

AJUNK_zpswlzdg4my.png

Not bad. But I really don't like that (in the original) one of the three white "bars" was lacking a gray "stripe". I never understood that.

I was thinking, just go with one "white, gray, white" stripe and call it a day; pretty much what the Chiefs have.

But the key think that those old photos and this concept remind me of is just what a great color combo this is. Green and gray work so nicely together. Black is just not a necessary addition. Along with the huge array of stripes, the 1980 (or so) look had one other key issue: the giant mesh holes. But if they'd kept the essence of that helmet (man I love that old helmet so much) and color scheme from then through now, they'd have been consistently a top-5 team. They'd have eventually corrected the stripes and the holes. They did that for the Cunningham era, but the black trim should have been gray. The Cunningham era uniforms were solid, but could have been so much nicer.

Is there hope for the Eagles? Some. I would not be surprised if they went back to kelly green. There seems to be some love for it and I think there ought to be an understanding that it contrasts better with black and charcoal. But there is no way they are ever ditching black. No team will ever go to a scheme like green and gray again. It "has to" have black. But hopefully they can go with kelly and may simplify the number font a bit.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Certainly a lot better than the current look, with its khaki pants, truncated sleeve stripes and horrible color distribution. I really feel that Reebok missed a golden opportunity back in '08 to clean those uniforms up and create a modern classic:

I7nlkvo.png

(Again, you can tell these were done in advance - this was completed before Gore went to Indy.) Not much changes with the Niners' classic look other than better color distribution and fixing those horrible sleeve stripes.

m2bkdWs.png

T4L794S.png

1mrJjyp.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Gray facemasks forever!

Certainly a lot better than the current look, with its khaki pants, truncated sleeve stripes and horrible color distribution. I really feel that Reebok missed a golden opportunity back in '08 to clean those uniforms up and create a modern classic:

I7nlkvo.png

(Again, you can tell these were done in advance - this was completed before Gore went to Indy.) Not much changes with the Niners' classic look other than better color distribution and fixing those horrible sleeve stripes.

m2bkdWs.png

T4L794S.png

1mrJjyp.png

White pants were good during their time. I would bring them back today as alternates only.

91j-AH%2BwuOL._SL1500_.jpg

o-STEVE-YOUNG-facebook.jpg

I'm going to stick with the SEC and go with Florida and orange. No, they don't need to over do it, but they rarely wear any of these combos. Blue-Orange is a good look.

allstate-sugar-bowl-louisville-v-2013010

USATSI_6771536-620x935.jpg

This jersey infuriates me. Florida is so gung-ho with STRIPING CONSISTENCY!!! to the point that their white pants and jersey look like crap - just detached blue and orange stripes around a blank area. So, instead of porting over the helmet stripes to the orange jersey and finally getting a pay-off for the consistency, they mess up the stripes by throwing in inner orange stripes. It's dumb.

I do like Florida in orange pants on the road, and they managed to use the proper striping pattern on those. It's a nice nod to the Weurfel days when they became a powerhouse. However, the orange pants don't work with the blue jerseys. There's just not enough of a grayscale contrast between orange and royal blue.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

OSV hit all the right points. The only part of that identity which *might* have been an upgrade was the shimmery pants, and as others said, they would be turned to khaki now anyway due to NikeProgress. They took a strong, classic look that saw five championships and mucked it up. Honestly, the change from such a bright, bold uniform such bleakness is staggering. It was the trifecta of dreariness - darkening the red, adding black, and removing white from the helmet/pants stripes. Each on its own was a bad choice which made the uniform worse. Together, they had just an awful impact.

I dislike every element of that set (including the logo). However, by far the worst was the darkening of the red. I just can fathom why they would decide to take a bright, iconic championship look and try to make it look like Boston College. If they kept the bright red with newer stripes and dropshadows, it would just be another '90s BFBS mess, but it would still look like the 49ers at least.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Sabres old look, sans-piping please!

martin-robert-perreault.jpg

That needs to come back immediately. So much better than the current junk...

On another note, its a shame the Avalanche ruined their uniforms further instead of bringing these back...

U3TgPWx.jpg8TbJ492.jpg

Sacramento-Kings.jpg

stockton_malone-593x356.jpg

stlouisblueswr6xu5.jpg

0gmrs91v1agysfjmqbib3fz4s.gif

Redskins_vs_Giants_line_of_scrimmage_thr

The world probably would have gone blind from literally ripping out their eyes if that Blues jersey ever made it to the ice...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived