Unused or Old Uniforms Teams Should Wear

Baseballfan

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the 87 Twins uniforms with the "M" cap. Yes, they look Seinfeld and not retro in a modern way. But they are simple, effective ("Win" in Twins is still a smart design), and reminds people of the winning days. Also, the pinstripes looks really good on the away uniform.

010511-Blyleven-03.jpg

I really like the 87 Twins uniforms with the "M" cap. Yes, they look Seinfeld and not retro in a modern way.

Huh?

Well the below did happen on Seinfeld, but I doubt that's what he meant...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I really like the 87 Twins uniforms with the "M" cap. Yes, they look Seinfeld and not retro in a modern way.

Huh?

Well the below did happen on Seinfeld, but I doubt that's what he meant...

TwinsFanSeinfeld.jpg

Ha, wow! Sorry, Seinfeld is sort of my definition of how the early 90's looked. At least the first couple of seasons of the series. It's not the most hyped period in time looking back at it now. Simply put, those Twins unis reminds me of the 90's.

The black, Blackhawks jersey is nice, but what kills it for me is how the logo blends into the jerseys.

Agreed, which is why I prefer this version with the tan outline around the logo:

DSCN3782_zps77ae3108.jpg

Tan outline or not, I'm going to have to disagree. It looks like a Starter fashion jersey

I think that the Buccaneers should go back to their old jerseys. They look more respectful than their new ones. I evenly like the orange cream jerseys. I think the Jaguars also need to go back to the plain teal greens. They also look more respectful. Is it me or do the new Seattle Seahawks look like packs of winter-fresh gum?

I'm sure there's a really good joke to be made here but I can't get the bat off my shoulder. I got nothing.

I think that the Buccaneers should go back to their old jerseys. They look more respectful than their new ones.

I evenly like the orange cream jerseys. I think the Jaguars also need to go back to the plain teal greens. They also look more respectful. Is it me or do the new Seattle Seahawks look like packs of winter-fresh gum?

More respectful of what exactly?

I unevenly like the orange and cream jerseys. Some days I think they're great, other days I think they're just OK.

BB52Big.jpg

I think that the Buccaneers should go back to their old jerseys. They look more respectful than their new ones. I evenly like the orange cream jerseys. I think the Jaguars also need to go back to the plain teal greens. They also look more respectful. Is it me or do the new Seattle Seahawks look like packs of winter-fresh gum?

I'm sure there's a really good joke to be made here but I can't get the bat off my shoulder. I got nothing.

I think that the Buccaneers should go back to their old jerseys. They look more respectful than their new ones.

I evenly like the orange cream jerseys. I think the Jaguars also need to go back to the plain teal greens. They also look more respectful. Is it me or do the new Seattle Seahawks look like packs of winter-fresh gum?

I unevenly like the orange and cream jerseys. Some days I think they're great, other days I think they're just OK.

Respectful as in something people see every Sunday. The new jerseys looked like something that was made for a local indoor team.

Respectful as in something people see every Sunday. The new jerseys looked like something that was made for a local indoor team.
I think you mean respectable

Yeah, that still doesn't make sense.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm really slipping. I pimp these Rams uniforms every chance I get. Can't believe it took me 6 pages to get here. This uniform should have been my first post in this thread...

4054d1376457391-rams-pondering-uniform-c

IMO these, while not bad at all, they should not be the Rams uniforms when the blue and golds exist.

This says it all:

1240d1287894000-rams-uniforms-pic.jpg

I'm really slipping. I pimp these Rams uniforms every chance I get. Can't believe it took me 6 pages to get here. This uniform should have been my first post in this thread...

IMO these, while not bad at all, they should not be the Rams uniforms when the blue and golds exist.

This says it all:

Apparently not. All I see is two good looking uniforms.

This says it all:

Yeah, I think most people are smart enough to tell the difference between the Colts and the Rams.

BB52Big.jpg

This says it all:

I'm not big on the blue and white Rams. I think they should wear blue and yellow, as that is a great, underused color scheme, it was used for a large portion of their history and it's what they went to their first two Super Bowls in. Regardless, the fact that they haven't worn a blue and white set in over 40 years, combined with the fact that the Colts are a storied franchise which has continuously worn blue and white (ignoring the '80s gray) should preclude them from going to that color scheme at this point.

Even ignoring my belief that the Rams in blue and yellow is one of the best football uniforms ever, I think the Colts have well established themselves as owning blue and white.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This says it all:

I'm not big on the blue and white Rams. I think they should wear blue and yellow, as that is a great, underused color scheme, it was used for a large portion of their history and it's what they went to their first two Super Bowls in. Regardless, the fact that they haven't worn a blue and white set in over 40 years, combined with the fact that the Colts are a storied franchise which has continuously worn blue and white (ignoring the '80s gray) should preclude them from going to that color scheme at this point.

Even ignoring my belief that the Rams in blue and yellow is one of the best football uniforms ever, I think the Colts have well established themselves as owning blue and white.

I don't think the Colts should preclude the Rams look. But that does not matter because I am totally with you on the blue and yellow. That's a great look that ought to come back. I really don't like the Rams blue and yellow for whatever reason.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The pant stripes make zero sense and does not match anything on the rest of the uniform.

It's been said many times on here, but...

BwIkU32CUAAnme4.jpg

Although I would make the Marlin orange on blue instead of blue on orange.

That is gorgeous!! Combine this jersey with their orange hat, white pants and orange stir-ups and baby, you've got a stew going!

tumblr_l64bmnVDjq1qclu00o1_400.jpg

I think I just blue myself.

ClAFLDa.png

Archived