OfficialBailey7

American Football Cup

Watching the World Cup got me wishing that there was an American Football World Cup. I looked around to see if any other countries cared about football even a little bit and I found nothing. Either way it would still be a very long time before any country became competitive. I know there have been concepts about football in other countries and I loved them. So here is a new idea. Instead of countries competing against each other, states compete in the American Football Cup. Professional, College, and in some cases even High School players would play for their home state in a 32 team tournament every 4 years. Qualifying is very similar to the world cup. I divided the states into 5 "regions" (map below). Each team would play 3 qualifying games, against teams in their region, each of the 3 years prior to each Cup, for a total of 9 games. The 6 best teams in each region advance to the tournament. DC would qualify in place of the host team, who receives an automatic-qualification. For example, I chose my home state (South Carolina) as the host, so DC would replace SC in the southeast region. The Cup has 8 groups of 4 teams. Teams in the same region will not be placed in the same groups. Best record in each group advances to the 8 team knockout stage. The teams would play a max of 6 games throughout the tournament, 3 minimum. I used a random state generator to decide who made the cut. Each team has 2 helmets, jerseys, and pants which allow for multiple combos.

regions_zpsmumx3ky0.png

groups_zpsggpz4vxg.png

Edited by OfficialBailey7

This is interesting, it could use a better explanation.

I started with the host, South Carolina. SC has one state color, indigo, which I used as it's primary color. The jersey features "crescents" on the shoulders as found on the flag and the famous palmetto tree is prominent throughout the set. The blue-white gradient on the undershirt is supposed to represent the beaches of South Carolina.

sc%20jersey_zpsyjmmw8pe.png

This is interesting, it could use a better explanation.

Happy to answer any questions about the format.

California and Florida are way too good to be in the same group. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Why don't you put west Virginia in the region with Michigan so all of them have 10 states

Why don't you put west Virginia in the region with Michigan so all of them have 10 states

Thanks. Didn't catch that. I think Michigan having 2 parts confused me when skimming it over. West Virginia was supposed to be in the midwest region.

South Carolina is simple and modern but a very good concept. The colors are nice and the design makes sense good start

May I ask why every state didn't get a team placed in the groups? Is it because those are the ones that qualified over the 3 year stretch? I really like this idea. Will be following this.

Wow arizona is in a pretty tough group with new York and Wisconsin, I'm looking forward to an Arizona flag inspired uniform as well, with plenty of copper!

currently from july 9th-19th is the 2015 IFAF World Cup featuring seven countries

I believe that it was going to be in sweden and have 12 teams but 5 of them dropped out

The template is brave-bird's. It is called Mach Speed just search it. Any more C&C on SC before I post Hawaii?

For Florida, can you incorporate some references to the State

Such as?

I've thought about doing stuff like this too. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

However, your whole Washington D.C. Thing is confusing, could you explain that in more detail?

I've thought about doing stuff like this too. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

However, your whole Washington D.C. Thing is confusing, could you explain that in more detail?

Okay so South Carolina is the host, coming out of the southeast region. Since they don't have to qualify Washington slides into their spot in the Southeast. So basically they play every team that SC would normally play during qualification.

For Florida, can you incorporate some references to the State

Such as?

Sun rays, Seminole patterns, or palm trees