Hey everybody, just got to making a baseball on Illustrator today. It turned out pretty well, so I decided to make a concept out of it. It looked like it would be best with the Reds, but this could go with many teams. Just did a quick logo set redesign for the Cincinnati Reds. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I'm not sure I like the font i'm using right now for the "open" roundel-style logos. Let me know as well if you have any font suggestions. This was just a spur-of-the-moment redesign, so I don't plan on making any uniforms (Plus, I know little about baseball.)

11692643_10207888866526442_1001946814400

Suggestions for improvement appreciated.

fiowXOD.png

The laces should be facing opposite directions. Follow the direction it would wrap around the ball.

I really like it though.

The serif font doesn't work too well with the bold lines though. Something thicker and sans-serif would look nice. Something like the Browns new wordmark (but keep it arched).

I despise their current font, FWIW.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The laces should be facing opposite directions. Follow the direction it would wrap around the ball.

I really like it though.

The serif font doesn't work too well with the bold lines though. Something thicker and sans-serif would look nice. Something like the Browns new wordmark (but keep it arched).

^I agree with what he said plus I gotta ask, when would the cap with the 15 inside the baseball be used?

I really like it though.

^I agree with what he said plus I gotta ask, when would the cap with the 15 inside the baseball be used?

I aimed for each player's cap to have their number in it. I suppose these would be used for important games or holidays or something special like that.

fiowXOD.png

Not too bad. That primary is a bit wordy for my tastes, though.

Agreed. Also, what does the "15" mean in the cap logo on the right?

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Very cool.

I agree with the comments about the laces. I could see maybe exploring a different font (maybe something along the lines of a 'brothers' font perhaps). The only other comment would be regarding visually centering the 'C' within the ball. Since the left side of the C is heavy with the spur, perhaps you could find a way to nudge the C to the left. You might have to rework the laces slightly to do so, but I think it would be worth the effort. Just a suggestion. Liking the concept though! Great work.

spacer.png

Archived