Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors

oldschoolvikings

On 3/19/2017 at 11:06 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Like this?

jets_zpsqj4nrzzn.png

I actually meant for the outermost outline to be the same color as the jersey, but it's a great jersey nonetheless. I'm also a fan of the retro look with royal blue and red.

I really like the oblong Jets logo.  

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

Thanks... I thought it would be a nice way to update that logo.  Turned out pretty good.

I think if you'd have verbally told me of that idea I'd have thought it sounded bad...but it works.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 3 weeks later...

I love it. I know you are using the north stars' colors but I think this would be even better with a darker, more piney green closer to what the wild actually wear I guess.

I like the shoulder patch for its simplicity but it might be too simple. Maybe try giving the letters a pine tree look, idk. 

Overall I really like it though.

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

I love it. I know you are using the north stars' colors but I think this would be even better with a darker, more piney green closer to what the wild actually wear I guess.

I like the shoulder patch for its simplicity but it might be too simple. Maybe try giving the letters a pine tree look, idk. 

Overall I really like it though.

I know the kelly green doesn't look as "forest-y", but I'm pretty sure a team wearing dark green and gold wouldn't go over too well in Viking country.

As for the logo... I like your idea.  I tried to add a bit of a tree element, but it didn't look like I thought it would, so I gave up. Maybe I should try again.

32 minutes ago, EJaws said:

I think the blue on the WIld logo should just be white. The blue doesnt fit well

Tried white, but it looked unfinished and empty.

2 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

I disagree about the blue. I think it looks cool. The light blue is clearly representing a lake, while the darker blue is the sky. Great job on the uniform as a whole as well. 

Thank you!

And thanks to all of you for the feedback... it's very appreciated.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know the kelly green doesn't look as "forest-y", but I'm pretty sure a team wearing dark green and gold wouldn't go over too well in Viking country.

As for the logo... I like your idea.  I tried to add a bit of a tree element, but it didn't look like I thought it would, so I gave up. Maybe I should try again.

Tried white, but it looked unfinished and empty.

Good point about the dark green. That thought hadn't even crossed my mind. 

For the record, I like the blue sky. What if you incorporated the blue into the striping/numbers, darkened the green and promoted the blue to the secondary color ahead of gold? I know it's getting away from the NorthStars motif, but I think it might looks pretty sharp. 

30 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Good point about the dark green. That thought hadn't even crossed my mind. 

For the record, I like the blue sky. What if you incorporated the blue into the striping/numbers, darkened the green and promoted the blue to the secondary color ahead of gold? I know it's getting away from the NorthStars motif, but I think it might looks pretty sharp. 

Ok, I gotta say, that IS a sharp color scheme.

wild3_zpskusnrcut.png

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Ok, I gotta say, that IS a sharp color scheme.

wild3_zpskusnrcut.png

Love it. This really says Minnesota to me with the green for the green forests, blue lakes and the white for cold/snow. The yellow sun adds just enough of a pop of color to bring the crest to life. If it were up to me I'd go with this look in a second for the Wild.