Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors

oldschoolvikings

The Wild logo with the water is amazing and so fitting given the Land of 10,000 lakes.  I wonder, though, should the tongue / stream be blue, too, for consistency?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That's...interesting. I like the curved striping and I oddly don't mind the abundance of grey on the white sweater. Good on you for using the fin patch and a modern display font (block wouldn't really work here). I am curious to see how the new "alternate" logos would look on it.

55 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

That's...interesting. I like the curved striping and I oddly don't mind the abundance of grey on the white sweater. Good on you for using the fin patch and a modern display font (block wouldn't really work here). I am curious to see how the new "alternate" logos would look on it.

I was just looking at the way the top of the logo curves, which I'd never noticed before.  This odd idea popped to mind.  I also did a version without the chest stripes and it was workable but I wanted to get a reaction from this.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I was just looking at the way the top of the logo curves, which I'd never noticed before.  This odd idea popped to mind.  I also did a version without the chest stripes and it was workable but I wanted to get a reaction from this.

It's unusual striping for sure, but I like it. The Sharks are a modern enough team where they can get away with it.

• 2 weeks later...

really digging the isles look. I like the idea for the flames but I think on the home some of the yellow could be swapped for white, and on the away I think you could add more of the dark red to emphasize the double red idea.

• 6 months later...

Trying to come up with an idea for the Blues, and looking at an older (and pretty ugly) uniform...

customized-vintage-st-louis-blues-1996-j

IIRC, the striping was supposed to bring to mind the bars on sheet music...

measures-bar-lines.jpg

Interesting idea, but badly executed IMO.  But as a general idea, I thought I'd give it another go...

blue1_zpsy4popowr.png

• Like 3

Those Blues jerseys are really well done! Great idea, playing on the theme on the mid-90s jerseys.

I don't know if the number font suits the jersey though. I suppose it's similar to the font used in the time of written music, but it just doesn't work IMO.

23 hours ago, Has2916 said:

Those Blues jerseys are really well done! Great idea, playing on the theme on the mid-90s jerseys.

I don't know if the number font suits the jersey though. I suppose it's similar to the font used in the time of written music, but it just doesn't work IMO.

That was the basic idea, but I might have to agree with you that it doesn't have a particularly strong look.  Maybe i'll try a few different fonts.

On 11/13/2017 at 1:36 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

It's been a while...

sens2_zpsyte1asrx.png

It has come to my attention (via a thread on this site) that the team is very possibly in the process of phasing out this logo as a primary.  It seems it's somewhat unpopular with the fanbase and, if you think about it, doesn't make a ton of sense for a team called the Senators to be represented by a Roman soldier.  

Anyway, here's the same concept with a different logo...

sens2_zpscmqwdixo.png

• Like 1

On 11/15/2017 at 11:47 PM, Has2916 said:

How about this one?

blue1_zpsm0rcqxxv.png