Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors

oldschoolvikings

the logo needs a little bit of cleaning up (just pixilated a little bit), but outside of that this is a great concept, blue and grey is much better than blue and black for the lightning, and infinitely better than blue and white of the current tampa bay maple wings.

Reminiscent of old Detroit Lions colors, but that is certainly not a negative. I like this look much better than their current one! Like Morgo said, I'd make blue the dominant colors on the away uniform. That's really my only complaint. Good work!

ICXC NIKA

This works better as a Detroit Lions cross over concept. The addition of black would help this concept.

Weird that the Lions connection seems so obvious to everyone. I honestly didn't think about it until it was mentioned (although I see pretty clearly what you all mean).

My first thought about a Lightning concepts was, no black. Blue plus black (except maybe a true sky blue) is an awful color scheme IMO. If I had the keys to the Lions' uniform, step one would be to flush that useless black trim out of there.

you need some white in the collar of the blues, a lightning bolt on the pants (people loved that feature so much that they demanded it came back for the current unis, and the team actually listened), and that's really it. I really like it, it looks unique for the NHL, and makes that logo pop a whole lot more. Nice work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I like this better than what they use now. I think a silver or gray alternate could look great.

I wouldn't add black, but I would consider adding maybe a little bit of yellow. I think that could add a little color and brightness to the look, without over doing it, and it would actually be a color that makes sense for their identity.

Also, I see what people are saying about the Detroit Lions comparison, but so what? Aren't they just blue and white now? Do people complain about them looking too much like the Maple Leafs now? And they are actually in the NHL.

Pants need a lightning bolt on each side. Number font needs to match what the Lightning currently wear. Road jersey needs less gray. (This isn't MLB.)

Needs shoulder logos.

I thought about the lightning bolt on the pants, but since I was going with more traditional striping every where else, I wanted the pants to work the same. In my mind, you either run with the lightning bolt motif throughout or keep it limited to the logo.

I see no reason to match the Lightnings' current plain block font, especially with the cluttered split outline.

As for the road needing less gray? Nah, I like it this way... my favorite part, actually.

Shoulder logos? OK, yeah.