Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors

oldschoolvikings

Decided to make this a thread for all my NHL concepts. Here's the Calgary Flames...

calg1_zpsfhqpt0li.png

I'd like to see this with the logos reversed. As a Flames fan, I feel only the "Flaming C" should ever be our primary logo. As well, no need for it to be two shades of colour.

Decided to make this a thread for all my NHL concepts. Here's the Calgary Flames...

calg1_zpsfhqpt0li.png

I'd like to see this with the logos reversed. As a Flames fan, I feel only the "Flaming C" should ever be our primary logo.

Yeah, I'm sure if I was a fan of the team, I'd be a lot less likely to mess with the logo. But, one day the idea of a flaming goalie mask popped into my head, and I thought it was too funny to pass up.

I dislike the logo but the uniform is very good. Except I think you should make the neon color more true red (maybe I'm just colorblind) and tone down the shorts color imo

Well, I was shooting for just a very bright red... certainly not neon.

I hate neon.

• Like 1

What's so funny is that when I saw that logo, I immediately started thinking about Bret "Hitmen" Hart, and the other hockey team in Calgary, the Hitmen. So, I would say that the logo is a bit too similar to the Hitmen logo, as they have a goalie mask as a prominent part of their brand:

4zbvnheq09cmyegcr1fgadb04.gif

Wow, I actually didn't realize the flames on the front of the mascot's shirt. Maybe bring back the horse head if you want to do something other than the flaming C?

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I think as a secondary logo this idea is pretty cool, I like your jerseys as well and don't see that big connection to the Hitmen. But your logo doesn't need the yellow on the mask in my opinion.

On wow. You see hundreds of Coyotes concepts everywhere...but I haven't seen anything quite like this one. This is absolutely beautiful! The mixing of the colours of different eras works surprisingly perfectly. I think that all people are going to rip you know the font, but to me, I don't mind it at all. Phenomenal work.

Great to see some fresh takes on some dismal NHL identities. For the Coyotes, I feel you could eliminate black by using a dark green in its place, and darken the purple just a bit.

Agree on the purple... it came out a little more toxic than I intended. Rather than darkening it, I might try just de-saturating (graying it slightly) it a bit.

I just don't like how the purple stripe is below the black zigzag on the home, and above it on the away. It's just a striping inconsistency

This was my thought process for that... I knew I wanted to get more of the dark red onto the white uniform, so I replaced the purple elements from the dark jersey with the maroon. ThAt meant adding a purple stripe above, or their wouldn't be enough purple IMO. I gave up a little stripe consistently for better color distribution.

I just don't like how the purple stripe is below the black zigzag on the home, and above it on the away. It's just a striping inconsistency

This was my thought process for that... I knew I wanted to get more of the dark red onto the white uniform, so I replaced the purple elements from the dark jersey with the maroon. ThAt meant adding a purple stripe above, or their wouldn't be enough purple IMO. I gave up a little stripe consistently for better color distribution.
Now that it's explained, I understand and I can say thT you did a good job with that. Solid

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

The logo could also use a small amount of purple to tie things together. I still like what you did overall. That's a take on their identity I haven't seen before, and the 'purple moon' shoulder patches are a fantastic tie-in to their inaugural look. Looking forward to seeing the update with desaturated purple!

The logo could also use a small amount of purple to tie things together. I still like what you did overall. That's a take on their identity I haven't seen before, and the 'purple moon' shoulder patches are a fantastic tie-in to their inaugural look. Looking forward to seeing the update with desaturated purple!

Here it is with a slightly darker and duller purple. I've tried a few times to shoehorn some small amount of purple into the logo, but disliked every attempt.

coyo_zpsftrhsu1c.png

• Like 1

oldschoolvikings is making NHL concepts now? Sweet.

Lightning- Already a huge step up from the Tampa Bay Maple Wings look.

Flames- I don't think I'd ever want them to change to this, but it's still awesome.

Coyotes- I've never been as fond of the old colour scheme as other are. I'd suggest dropping the purple. Otherwise? Pretty swank.

My C&C so far:

Kings: Good Job!

Coyotes: I feel like there needs to be some green somewhere, although maybe that's me.

Flames: Stick to one shade of red and use either the horse head or the C

Lightning: I think some black would work here.