Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors

oldschoolvikings

Bringing back the ugliest uniforms the NHL has ever seen? (Okay other than some of the third jerseys--and even then, only a couple of those were worse)

It's fun for a concept series, but I hope they never do that.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The Senators are OK. Personally, I think you should make the top and bottom stripe both gold.

Canucks: I actually like that you made the "Johnny-the-Canuck-head" the primary. I'm not a fan of bringing back the "flying V", though.

• 1 year later...

Just took a look through this thread, and it's refreshing to see a new take on NHL identities. I'm not sure if you'd update a concept from ~1.5 years ago, but I think you're almost there with the Canucks concept. I'd just eliminate the grey for white, keep the same pattern on the sleeves and use blue pants.

I also really like your Penguins concept, the away jersey is perfect, but I'd just use the home sock pattern throughout the entire home jersey, while ditching the full sleeve/yoke black.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

13 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

I also really like your Penguins concept, the away jersey is perfect, but I'd just use the home sock pattern throughout the entire home jersey, while ditching the full sleeve/yoke black.

Taking your advice I tried with a recolor of gold on the sleeve and yoke, but I didn't love it.  Just wasn't enough black for me, left it a little washed out.  So I split the difference... I kept the yoke black, but recolored the sleeves to gold.  I think I like it better than me first attempt... what do you think?

peng_zpsftpdzk5p.png

• Like 2

Some time ago I posted this concept...

vanc_zpszmzus15i.png

Based on my undying love of royal blue and kelly green as an amazing color scheme and my completely indefensible appreciation for what is widely considered to be the worst NHL uniform of all time, the "flying V" jerseys.

I feel like it wasn't well received. :P

So, back to the drawing board.

IMO, the Canucks current color scheme is beyond fabulous. I've loved the uniform of every team that's ever worn it... the original Seattle Seahawks, original Minnesota Timber Wolves, original Dallas Mavericks, the amazing Hartford Whalers... all great.

So, I went back into this Vancouver concept with two goals.... first make the kelly green more prominent. This color is criminally underused in modern sports.  You have the Celtics, and that's about it.  Secondly, I wanted to do something to make sense of the double blues in the logo, and carry those colors to the rest of the uniform.

Oh, and I wanted to get rid of the city name above the logo.

So, here it is.... thoughts?

vanc1_zps5sx9w67i.png?t=1487098403

• Like 2

The design looks good! a couple of thoughts.

I think that on the home, there should be a white stripe between the two blues, because they are bleeding into each other, and maybe the same thing for the away, but between the blue and green.

IMO the logo needs a bit of green on it, because it looks a little out of place right now.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

4 hours ago, NoE38 said:

The design looks good! a couple of thoughts.

IMO the logo needs a bit of green on it, because it looks a little out of place right now.

Ever since the redesign, I've been annoyed at the lack of green in the logo, but, honestly, now I get it.  I tried more than a few different ways to shoehorn some green into that logo, and hated all of them.  I assume the designers went thru a similar process.

• Like 1