NHL Uni Redesigns -- SJ Sharks revamped (added 7/5/17)

Philly's Phinest

This might sound dumb, but I think it'd make a world of difference.

On the Jets alternates you've done with the slanted wordmark, rotate the maple leaf apostrophe so it's straight up relative to the uniform. Having it at an angle makes it look like you just rotated a logo, changing that looks like you meant to do it.

And diagonal stripe-single blue looks the best for the home and road.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Jets alt. #5. The faded crest and the white numbers are a nice touch.

For the Hurricanes...

- Home: Having wide black stripes touching the red can work, but there needs to be some white in there somewhere. Also, like the previous user pointed out, there's no consistency.

- Away: Using only the Warning Flag pattern with a simple red stripe above is a good choice. Good simplicity not too overbearing and something similar should be incorporated onto the home jersey.

- Alt: Black and silver with touches of red is a good idea. But if there's going to be that much red at the waist, there needs to be a bit more red inside or around the logo.

Thanks for all the feedback. This is really helpful. I'm still working on the Hurricanes warning flag pattern. I want to make it work so bad and mesh with the rest of the design, but I'm having trouble with the home set. What if I eliminated it completely and just kept it on the black alternate? Maybe throw it on the pant striping? Thoughts?

0oRVfxS.png

3/32 -- Ottawa Senators

Prochaine étape, les Sénateurs d'Ottawa.

zCDpRO5.png

Alright so for Ottawa, I have a few new changes. This look is a modern touch on some past elements. First, the shoulder patch. The Peace Tower makes its return. I love the logo and I feel like it gives the sense of city pride. The alternate from the 2000 season played a big part in my inspiration for these. The primary at home stays red and for the road, white. Striping mimics the outside of the logo. Also new is the font. Numbers are more of a block as opposed to rounded. Also of note, I've brightened the shade of red a bit for a sharper look. As for an alternate, I wasn't going to recreate the wheel as their heritage classic is spot on and exactly what I would have them use. C&C always appreciated! Let me know what you think!

94yBbyX.png

Losing the pattern on the Hurricanes is a huge downgrade. Much prefer the original set. The Senators could also use some more black for added contrast, though I like the idea.

I agree that losing the pattern for the Canes is not the way to go. I just wanted to see how people felt. I'm still reworking those. Also, I had a second version of the Sens mocked up with more black, but decided on posting the first...Here was the other look...

ftuNeZ9.png

I'm split. Probably I'd go with number 2 because the Senators have a lot of black in their history. However both are excellent options.

That's the opinion I'm getting from most on here and friends. Thank you!

I'm assuming black pants, right? Either one works for me but I like #2 better. Also, PLEASE use this logo! It looks way better than that logo,

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp_zpsdmkvqnaj.gif

Yes, black pants would be true. And to your point, I like this logo as well, so I've adjusted. For the home sweaters, I've made a minor tweak and changed the outer red to white to contrast a little better with the set.

Thanks all for the feedback on this series. I'm really enjoying the criticism and it's definitely helping my initial design ideas...

srRxTph.png

4/32 -- Buffalo Sabres

In all honesty, Buffalo doesn't have awful jerseys. If you get rid of the numbers on the front and unnecessary piping, they could have a good looking set. But that would be too plain for me to change, so I went a little outside the box.

SD82cBg.png

Home Sweater:

As much as I like their red, black, white and silver color scheme, Buffalo belongs in blue and yellow. No question about it. As I said before I really like their current striping pattern. In my concept, that stays. I do however love the old buffalo head logo and I decided to go with that as the primary. Had to modify it a bit to match the color scheme. I like to think this is sort of new school meets old school. Modern crest with a plain traditional striping.

nETmegY.png

Away Sweater:

As usual, same thing, just in white pretty much. Striping stays the exact same. Numbers are blue with a yellow outline. I actually tried this with a yellow number and blue outline, but ultimately decided this was the better option.

8GRGcx1.png

NO NO NO NO NO on the Sabres.

There should NEVER EVER be anything to reference back to the Rigas Family/Adelphia Cable ownership days.

No Red and Black and No GoatHead logo (I know it doesn't really look like a Goat, but that's what it was "affectionately" referred to locally).

I would vote the yellow slug back before I would support them wearing anything from the Rigas era.

IF we were going to wear anything from the Rigas era the uniform should just be Prison Stripes with the GoatHead logo.

Those Bastards almost cost us our franchise!

Having said that Phinest, I like just about all the other updates you have posted, you just touched a nerve with that GoatHead!

Maybe flip the blue and gold and on the stripes on the white jersey. Probably would make them easier to see on the ice.

I'll try that and see how it works out. Thank you!

NO NO NO NO NO on the Sabres.

There should NEVER EVER be anything to reference back to the Rigas Family/Adelphia Cable ownership days.

No Red and Black and No GoatHead logo (I know it doesn't really look like a Goat, but that's what it was "affectionately" referred to locally).

I would vote the yellow slug back before I would support them wearing anything from the Rigas era.

IF we were going to wear anything from the Rigas era the uniform should just be Prison Stripes with the GoatHead logo.

Those Bastards almost cost us our franchise!

Having said that Phinest, I like just about all the other updates you have posted, you just touched a nerve with that GoatHead!

Good to hear from an actual Sabres fan. I'm not a fan of the slug logo, so that means I would have to stick with the current. As I said, I really do like their current uniforms minus the piping. Maybe it would be best if I went with that and just removed the piping and left as is? As a Sabres fan, what would you like to see in your team? And also, thanks on the other designs

I Love the current (original) Sabres logo.

What other team has a logo that can be read phonetically.....

Buffalo on Top

Sabres underneath.

The only disappointment I had when they went back to the original logo was the darkening to Navy.

The original Home Uniforms (When the league wore White at home), were a beautiful thing with the Yellow and Royal Blue Striping and Yoke on the shoulders.

The original Away blue uniforms weren't very well done and definitely needed freshening up when they went back to this logo. The old Blue Jerseys just screamed 1970's.

I wish they would have found a way to update the jerseys but kept Royal. Too many teams going to Navy or Black for updates.

I don't think they could add the Nickel (Silver) though if they hadn't gone to Navy, I don't see Royal and Nickel working together.

But if you want to take on a Sabres Task, I would say try and find a way to update their uniforms but go back to Royal.

I Love the current (original) Sabres logo.

What other team has a logo that can be read phonetically.....

Buffalo on Top

Sabres underneath.

The only disappointment I had when they went back to the original logo was the darkening to Navy.

The original Home Uniforms (When the league wore White at home), were a beautiful thing with the Yellow and Royal Blue Striping and Yoke on the shoulders.

The original Away blue uniforms weren't very well done and definitely needed freshening up when they went back to this logo. The old Blue Jerseys just screamed 1970's.

I wish they would have found a way to update the jerseys but kept Royal. Too many teams going to Navy or Black for updates.

I don't think they could add the Nickel (Silver) though if they hadn't gone to Navy, I don't see Royal and Nickel working together.

But if you want to take on a Sabres Task, I would say try and find a way to update their uniforms but go back to Royal.

Challenge accepted. This is good info! Thanks for this. Let me see what I can throw together for ya!

Archived