NHL Uni Redesigns -- SJ Sharks revamped (added 7/5/17)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Jerseys

Alright, so here it is. The end of the series. Below are all my final designs of how my ideal NHL would look. Thanks to all who commented and made suggestions. I think a lot of the critique definitely helped my designs for the better. Some teams have multiple alts simply because I couldn't choose what I liked best. All teams are in alphabetical order starting with the Anaheim Mighty Ducks (name change alert!). Before I begin, my favorites are Mighty Ducks, Coyotes, Hurricanes, Blue Jackets, Stars, Kings, Lightning, Sens. Once I get the last team up (Jets) feel free to comment and let me know what you like/dislike. Any and all C&C is appreciated.

Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Home

FvYqlCV.png

Away

MIgA4k5.png

Alt

2ecWGZ1.png

Arizona Coyotes

Home

rsEiGXK.png

Away

7EBEMkf.png

Alt

6Pt2Uhv.png

30 minutes ago, Philly's Phinest said:

Nashville Predators

Home

YpnKtJD.png

Away

pQhpGd0.png

Alt

DNSYzs9.png

I like the set as a whole, but JTFC, I would consider trading a testicle for that alt...but only for an edge authentic, not a premiere.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 7/19/2016 at 2:01 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

I like the set as a whole, but JTFC, I would consider trading a testicle for that alt...but only for an edge authentic, not a premiere.

That's what I like to hear hahaha. Thanks!

Also decided I may throw in some All-Star jerseys as well on this series. I have another idea in mind as well, but that would probably be a new thread. Details in the coming weeks on that.

• 11 months later...

I know I completed this series almost a year ago, but I've since revisited a few teams. So far, I've come back to the Ducks and Knights. I posted the Knights in a separate thread, but I'll add them here as well. Not sure as to which teams I'll revisit, however I do know that I'd like to work on the Sharks next. I feel like my design above is just too busy and could use a redo. And yes, I am aware this is a Reebok template...just wanted to keep it consistent with the series above. Anyway, here's the new Ducks.

I know the eggplant and teal is such a unique scheme (honestly a favorite of mine for Anaheim), however it seems that the orange, black and gold is working for them. One thing I am sure of is that the old hockey duck logo makes for a better crest and is definitely a fan favorite. Their orange third jersey definitely had a heavy influence on these. Below, I've created a home, away and alternate using the old logo. The webbed foot stays (it is a good logo) as a shoulder patch. As of now, I have the home as orange, away as white, and the alt as black. The black and orange could be interchangeable depending on what people think.

Home Sweater

df2Kfyx.png

Away Sweater

sRdXVzi.png

Alt Black Sweater

pIkM90Y.png

On 7/19/2016 at 0:35 PM, Philly's Phinest said:

Nashville Predators

Home

YpnKtJD.png

Away

pQhpGd0.png

Alt

DNSYzs9.png

Since you've revived a thread with these beauties, I have to say that your home concept would have been perfection. Instead we got...*motions towards Adidas in disgust*...that.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Some very good concepts in this thread. I like what you did for CBJ, and I like the Bruins' yellow-and-brown alt. Some teams need more changes than the mostly subtle ones you've proposed, but that's their problem (too much red-and-black, some questionable logos here and there). I'll be sure to take a gander at your NFL series as well.

9 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Some very good concepts in this thread. I like what you did for CBJ, and I like the Bruins' yellow-and-brown alt. Some teams need more changes than the mostly subtle ones you've proposed, but that's their problem (too much red-and-black, some questionable logos here and there). I'll be sure to take a gander at your NFL series as well.

Thanks! Really appreciate the positive feedback. My NFL is a little dated (2015), however, I was thinking of revisiting that next, or even possibly trying my hand at the NBA. 

As I've stated above, I've already posted these in a separate thread a few weeks ago, but here they are again to maybe get some more feedback and keep my NHL all in one post. I was actually pretty pleased with their jersey when it was released (one of only a few I liked). Still partial to my design though. I'd put some of mine up against Adidas any day B). 5 different looks. Yes 5 (Gold being my least favorite). Might be overkill, but I was having too much fun to stop...

Vegas Golden Knights

Home

b8hcAgv.png

Away

5kEyJp7.png

Red Alt

HlYy30m.png

Black Alt

zlHvok7.png

Gold Alt

oYajeai.png

Winnipeg was another design of mine I felt was weak in this last series. It was my first concept (pretty sure the first one I've ever posted on here). I've since come back to it and switched gears. One thing I think that the jerseys in the league lack today is pizzazz. They're bland (for the most part). I want to give the jersey meaning. My goal is to create designs that are fun, have meaning, and overall create something that people would want to wear. That being said...here's the new Winnipeg

Winnipeg Jets

Right now, the Jets have way too many colors going on. The goal here was to create a cohesive and sleek look, while still staying true to the "Jets". I've gone with a double stripe on both the sleeves and the waist. Kept it consistent unlike the pattern they use now.  This will likely be an unpopular decision, but I've decided to drop the light blue (don't worry, I made it the primary in the alt). Again, I felt there's too much going on with their current set so I've toned the scheme down a bit by removing it. Font stays the same. It's unique. Also garnished a maple leaf right above the nameplate in red. I think using just a touch of red really brings this set together. Let me know what you think!!

Home Sweater

v6tYgi6.png

Away Sweater

fgjOdIJ.png

Light Blue Alternate Sweater

6ENFZNp.png

Archived