Beginning of the end of Arena Football League? (again)

Soundwave721

LA KISS may have folded, but they haven't told anyone about it.

Opened my OC Register this morning for the headline "LA KISS apparently folds"

They may have ceased operations but didn't tell any of the players (some only found out like two days after they were picked in the dispersal draft) and haven't told any season ticket holder who put down money for next season.

Adios, AFL

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/14/2016 at 1:24 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Plus Jacksonville (allegedly).

Green Bay and Arizona were never in the same league, and Green Bay and Iowa only since Iowa joined the IFL. Green Bay and Spokane were both in af2 at the same time.

Jacksonville is was rejected by the IFL due to distance.

They are either going to start their own league, or if unsuccessful, will be forced to join the ADL or even the CANAM League.

http://canamifl.com/

22 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

They may have ceased operations but didn't tell any of the players (some only found out like two days after they were picked in the dispersal draft) and haven't told any season ticket holder who put down money for next season.

Wow.  We have a new standard for league mismanagement.

On 10/18/2016 at 2:38 AM, Totems!! said:

Good riddance. LA Kiss were the worst. What a crap fest.

Figured they were in trouble when they needed to start having playoff games in another region down in San Diego.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if there's a 6th Northeast team popping up,  possibly Pittsburgh reactivating? Are they going to pull some players in from China or do they still have players under contract from the other squads that dissolved?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Looks like Baltimore is getting a team in this dying ship. 

Too bad, rather the space go to NLL. 

This was confirmed in an e-mail that I received this morning.  The team is going to be owned by Ted Leonsis' Monumental Sports & Entertainment, but separately managed (which sounds like an MLS-style arrangement). 

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-arena-football-20161114-story.html

https://www.monumentalsportsnetwork.com/mse-acquires-baltimore-afl-team

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You see, when Adam Markowitz talked about the league being rescued by an influx of NBA/NHL ownership, he never specified that it would all be from one owner. 

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

You see, when Adam Markowitz talked about the league being rescued by an influx of NBA/NHL ownership, he never specified that it would all be from one owner. 

. . . who covers both leagues.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Im trying to think of some NHL/NBA locations that have ownership that would consider some additional dates in their building.  Maybe this is time to make the AFL the eastern regional indoor league since it seems like the IFL footprint is central/west.

- Nashville (former traditional AFL market, single tenant NHL)

- Charlotte or Raleigh (single tenant venues)

- Pittsburgh (single tenant, on hiatus?)

9 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Im trying to think of some NHL/NBA locations that have ownership that would consider some additional dates in their building.  Maybe this is time to make the AFL the eastern regional indoor league since it seems like the IFL footprint is central/west.

- Nashville (former traditional AFL market, single tenant NHL)

- Charlotte or Raleigh (single tenant venues)

- Pittsburgh (single tenant, on hiatus?)

Since the Karmonos sons are suing their pops over loans taken from the family trust, I don't think that Raleigh is an option.

For what it's worth, my 15 year old is excited to hear that an AFL team is coming to Baltimore.  More football to watch after Ravens season.

25 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

For what it's worth, my 15 year old is excited to hear that an AFL team is coming to Baltimore.  More football to watch after Ravens season.

Hopefully a lot more kids and parents feel the same. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I may take him to a game or two, assuming the tickets are reasonably priced.

. . . and, compared to an NFL game, just about anything seems reasonably priced.

• 1 month later...

Go Blumpkins!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Rest in peace, zombie AFL.  I knew thee in your past life, and I loved thee.  Now, though, tis just a matter of time til Negan comes for thee. ?

(I know they're gonna attempt a 2017 season...but the way things are now, the indoor leagues would be better off with a Champions League-like arrangement if any of them wanted to bother with any semblance of a national league)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 10 months later...

So, we all thought the league would be a 6 team league (with the addition of Albany) for 2018, but we were wrong...

Cleveland will go on-hiatus for the next two seasons while their home arena goes under renovations.  The Gladiators will return for play in 2020.

http://www.cleveland.com/gladiators/index.ssf/2017/11/cleveland_gladiators_will_susp.html

Theres still rumors of a Newark team for 2018, but no news/rumors of it since August.

Archived