Footy as Football - EPL Crossover Series

raysox

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal Gunners
So while I wait for Civilization: Beyond Earth to download, I decided to use some of my short time not working to post a bunch of these concepts. So Arsenal was easy, I just was going to update the cannon and match the kits. The cannon is pieced together from the current cannon, the Blue Jackets' cannon, and my concept for Charleston in the US Soccer 2030 project.

The uniforms match the typical red with white sleeves. I used blue as a trim, and threw in some white stripes to balance it all out. The fonts match the Puma font from the world cup, and since Arsenal is a Puma team, it seemed fitting.

Arsenal.png

Arsenal2.png

Arsenal3.png

Swansea Jacks
So I have a soft spot for Swansea due to some close friends liking them, and their attractive soccer. Also Wales is great. I love the white and black stunning look they have. I nicknamed the team the Jacks because "Swansea Swans" was repetitive, and I could pass it off like the Buffalo Bills

So I wanted a smooth and elegant swan logo. So it's a swan looking back with a wing, and it's rear end. It's hard to fit the extremities of a swan into a forward moving logo, but I thought the streaks gave the wings motion.

The kits are all white, with black trim. This year, the South Welsh side introduced copper to the kits, so I did the same with a stripe running to the collar.

Swansea.png

Swansea2.png

Swansea3.png

The line on the bottom of the cannon and the middle spoke of the wheel draws my eye immediately. They are so close together that it becomes distracting. I would move the wheel up a bit so that those lines overlap. I know that this will bring up issues with proportions on the logo, but I think it would improve the logo.

award%20sig.png

Thanks for all the comments guys

Newcastle Magpies

This was one of the originals I drew up when I first thought of this project. Newcastle's nickname is the Magpies, due to their white and black color scheme. I love the look of the actual bird, so I was excited to make this logo. Their scheme really pops, so that was fun to play with.

The logo is an angular bird that looks similar to the Atlanta Falcons logo. I needed to show the back of the wing with the white and blue, and I felt this was the best way to do it.

Their kits are white and black striped, so i thought the best way to show this would be stripes like the Colts have. I threw silver into the scheme just because I couldn't decide on white or black, and the Panthers made that work so far.

Newcastle.png

Newcastle2.png

Newcastle3.png

Thanks for all the comments guys

Newcastle Magpies

This was one of the originals I drew up when I first thought of this project. Newcastle's nickname is the Magpies, due to their white and black color scheme. I love the look of the actual bird, so I was excited to make this logo. Their scheme really pops, so that was fun to play with.

The logo is an angular bird that looks similar to the Atlanta Falcons logo. I needed to show the back of the wing with the white and blue, and I felt this was the best way to do it.

Their kits are white and black striped, so i thought the best way to show this would be stripes like the Colts have. I threw silver into the scheme just because I couldn't decide on white or black, and the Panthers made that work so far.

Newcastle.png

Newcastle2.png

Newcastle3.png

I don't really like the gray. Magpies are such beautiful birds because they are only iridescent black and white with a touch of blue. I think you should make the helmet black because then the light blue would really pop and it would bring out the white too. The silver muddles the look and keeps the blue and white from really popping. It would be really cool if you would make an iridescent black helmet in the same vane as the old Jaguars helmet (how it was greenish in the sun and black in the shade). I did one when I did a Premier League as football concept series, you can check it out here if you are interested in seeing how it turned out.

I would also replace the gray pants, probably with white.

award%20sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks! I'm gonna play around with that one a little bit.

Leicester Foxes

The LEAGUE LEADING(until ManCity played) Leicester City is nicknamed the foxes. I've always wanted to do a fox logo, and this would be a unique opportunity due to the blue and yellow scheme.

The side of a fox is a really cool shape, and the color balance is super nice. I like how the white underside pairs with the orange, so in logo form, the logo would just work out.

The jerseys reminded me of the Tampa Bay Storm, but I think that's just the colors. Since Leicester have white shorts in real life, I figured setting it with a white helmet would look really nice and balance with the blue. Pretty simple striping pattern too.

Leicester.png

Leicester2.png

Leicester3.png

This is just a general statement. Not as much with this current series.

But dude, your growth from when you first joined in 2008 to now is absolutely beyond comprehension. You went from random kid on these boards to one of the most legitimate designers in the profession. Been really cool to watch. Proud of you man.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived