New Fictional Sports League: United Reflex League (Nashville/Arizona/Portland Logos - 3/4/16)

Wildcomet

That's a very interesting name, identity, and logo. The logo seems really busy, but other than that, it's a pretty good looking and solid identity. Rather than incorporating the mountains into the primary logo, add another secondary logo or alternate logo centered around the mountains. The idea behind having the mountains as the jaw was a good one, but it seems poorly executed. Other than that, this series has been great!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a very interesting name, identity, and logo. The logo seems really busy, but other than that, it's a pretty good looking and solid identity. Rather than incorporating the mountains into the primary logo, add another secondary logo or alternate logo centered around the mountains. The idea behind having the mountains as the jaw was a good one, but it seems poorly executed. Other than that, this series has been great!

I like what you did with the mountains. Just a suggestion, maybe stretch the T-rex's head out a bit ? It looks a bit, well compacted.

Thanks for the compliments! I took both of your comments/suggestions and did a little update to the Tyrants primary. I simplified the lower jaw area to make it a little less busy there, and I elongated the head a bit.

DEN%20Tyrants%20Logo%201.2_zpse6i9wgna.p

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Hmm. On one hand I really like the mountains incorporated into the teeth; it's a great idea. On the other hand, it sort of looks like grandpa T-rex needs jaw reconstruction surgery and false teeth.

Also, I don't understand the gray block on the side of his mouth. Is there a reason why it isn't purple?

award%20sig.png

Hmm. On one hand I really like the mountains incorporated into the teeth; it's a great idea. On the other hand, it sort of looks like grandpa T-rex needs jaw reconstruction surgery and false teeth.

Also, I don't understand the gray block on the side of his mouth. Is there a reason why it isn't purple?

Haha, I admit it doesn't look like a perfect jaw. I liked what it added to the concept though compared to the jaw without the mountains. The gray area is meant to be skin that's a different color from the main skin color. I've seen similar things on snakes and other lizards and thought it was a good idea to apply here, especially since it seemed to balance to colors in the logo more.

In other news, I have some San Diego merch to share!

SD%20Merch%20Sample_zpsred08jxd.png

Oh my gosh finally a sports teamed named after a prehistoric animal and that logos doesn't stink. I like the pinkish purple colors and the mountain teeth, I wanna see the merch so badly they might be my favorite team at the moment

I do like the merch you've been making for the teams, I'm just wondering but will they're be merch and jerseys for the other teams already made?

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

This whole series is great. I gotta say, the Tyrants is probably my least favorite so far. The head just looks so busy still- and I almost think it would look better color swapped.

With the hornets- you nailed the mark. The secondary is realistic, and I think using both the jet and insect works fine given what you were going for with the secondary. Each squadron has their own, unique patch and even tail markings (or they used to in the days of F-14's).

One suggestion for New Orleans. I really love the cleaned up look, but... I think it would look even better if the FDL wasn't slanted and didn't have the New Orleans text running through it. Just leave the FDL vertical, with that quadrant a different color and then do "NOLA" across the band of the FDL. Simple, clean, and sharp.

Can't wait to see the rest of the teams!

5exu75.jpg2i1dojp.jpg

Oh my gosh finally a sports teamed named after a prehistoric animal and that logos doesn't stink. I like the pinkish purple colors and the mountain teeth, I wanna see the merch so badly they might be my favorite team at the moment

I do like the merch you've been making for the teams, I'm just wondering but will they're be merch and jerseys for the other teams already made?

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment! There will be some merch and jerseys for the teams already made, though I don't have as much time these days so it'll take a while for me to catch up on those. I do actually have one of the old teams ready to go to share (see next post).

This whole series is great. I gotta say, the Tyrants is probably my least favorite so far. The head just looks so busy still- and I almost think it would look better color swapped.

With the hornets- you nailed the mark. The secondary is realistic, and I think using both the jet and insect works fine given what you were going for with the secondary. Each squadron has their own, unique patch and even tail markings (or they used to in the days of F-14's).

One suggestion for New Orleans. I really love the cleaned up look, but... I think it would look even better if the FDL wasn't slanted and didn't have the New Orleans text running through it. Just leave the FDL vertical, with that quadrant a different color and then do "NOLA" across the band of the FDL. Simple, clean, and sharp.

Can't wait to see the rest of the teams!

Thanks! I appreciate the comments and feedback. I considered unslanting the New Orleans logo after removing the numbers (before having the fraction idea it had started that way), but I decided to leave it to help separate it from the other FDL logos used by various teams. I imagined that the unslanted version could still make appearances in other ways with merchandise and such. "NOLA" does appear in the secondary logo (will be shared soon).

The more I see your alternate logo for the Steampunks, the more the A bothers me. To me, it looks like an H wearing a hat; I don't read A. I would suggest finding a different font for it; I know that you are using your wordmark font, but it doesn't really work as a standalone letter.

award%20sig.png

I don't know why but something bothers me about the Merch, not sure what

I got a question, would you do a history of the United Reflex League and do season by season stuff like Veras' AFA or Hawks PHL?

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

I don't know why but something bothers me about the Merch, not sure what

I got a question, would you do a history of the United Reflex League and do season by season stuff like Veras' AFA or Hawks PHL?

I tried to do a semi-transparent dinosaur skin pattern so that it could take on the background color to make different skins but it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. I'll admit it kind of throws some of them off for me as well.

I would be willing if there is enough continued interest, I do find those threads to be pretty awesome. It will be slow going though for a while at least; I'm currently in the middle of a move and don't have regular internet access for the time being which is partially why I haven't responded til now. I do hope to get some stuff posted soon though, I have it ready to go just need the ability to upload (artwork isn't saved on my current source of access).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I have some secondary logos ready to share with you! This should have me all caught up on secondary logos; I hope to start with some more logo packages soon, and get caught up on uniforms and stuff along the way. Hope you like these!

OMA%20Gatekeepers%202ndary%20Logo_zpsk2m

GR%20Rush%202ndary%20Logo_zpss8jx6zuc.pn

NO%20Quarters%202ndary%20Logo_zpsmvijpg6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived