New Fictional Sports League: United Reflex League (Nashville/Arizona/Portland Logos - 3/4/16)

Wildcomet

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear Atlanta is well liked; I was a little worried that I'd gone too simple with the Alphas logo. My past design experiences emphasized detail and complexity so i'm trying to broaden my horizons a bit. Anyway, here is the first entry into the Pacific Conference/North Division, the Omaha Gatekeepers!

The name comes from a nickname for Omaha- "Gateway to the West"- and the logo is meant to simultaneously invoke the ideas of a gated fence opening, or a birds eye view of a retractable bridge. It also pays homage to the Sioux tribes that call the area home via the 6-pointed star. The red is for the West, the blue represents the Missouri River, and the dark and light grays represent the development of rails, roads and bridges that opened up the West over the past couple centuries. Hope you all enjoy!

OMA%20Gatekeepers%20Logo_zps4nur43cv.png

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! I decided to give it a quick update with some of the issues you all pointed out in mind. I think it's a little less busy now, looks less like an X (hadn't realized it somehow at the time but it totally did) in the middle and I toned down the brightness on the blue a bit. What do you all think?

OMA%20Gatekeepers%20Logo%20v2_zpsvyn9fyv

10/1/15: Added secondary logo here for easier locating

OMA%20Gatekeepers%202ndary%20Logo_zpsk2m

Thanks for all the feedback; I'm really glad you all liked the Gatekeepers identity as much as you did! Next we go across the Mississippi River and return to the Atlantic Conference to say hello to the Grand Rapids Rush!

There wasn't a particular local connection to the name I know of, I just quite like the Rush name and felt it sounded really good with Grand Rapids. The logo is based on a diagram of the molecular structure of adrenaline. The graphic in the central hexagon comes from Grand Rapids' flag, as do the team colors (though I did darken the red and make the yellow a bit less bright). Hope you all like!

GR%20Rush%20Logo_zps068rfg8z.png

10/1/15: Added the secondary logo here for easier locating...

GR%20Rush%202ndary%20Logo_zpss8jx6zuc.pn

Thanks again for the feedback so far! In general I think I'm going to go through primary logos first, then introduce court and uniform designs as well as some secondary logos to finish off the teams' identities. Today though I wanted to get opinions on the template I have set up for uniforms and courts, so I'm taking a break from logos to share uniforms and the court for the Austin Steampunks! If you guys see anything that could improve either the designs themselves or the templates I'm using to produce them feel free to share, thanks!

Since the wordmark got such positive feedback I decided to put a heavy focus on that in the design. I also wanted to do something that would fit with the funkiness of the logo and name, while still providing a clean, coherent look. I liked the green shorts better than white ones for the away uniform so I kept the same shorts for both uniforms.

AUS%20Home%20Uniform_zpswgonijbf.pngAUS%20Away%20Uniform_zpspxp983p6.png

For the home court I was debating on how to handle some of the lines (are they necessarily needed if the different regions are different colors, what should be considered a league requirement, etc) so I left some of the main lines and marks a standard black color aside from the center line area. This is my first ever court/field so if you have any tips let me know.

Austin%20Court_zpshz6v6ivt.png

I like what you are going for with the uniforms and court, but it all seems too busy. Maybe you should simplify them a bit so that it is easier to see where everything is. By the way, all of these logos are great!

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Thanks for the feedback, looking again after a couple days I can see what you're talking about. I'm planning to go back to logos for the time being, but I'll repost these with improvements once the logos are taken care of.

Heading to the Atlantic-South Division, it's time to unveil our next team, the New Orleans Quarters (with their "We Give No Quarter" slogan). Named after New Orleans' famous French Quarter. The logo is a divided up, slanted Fleur-de-lis that doubles as a back-slash between the 1 and 4 to make a fraction. The top right quarter of the FDL is differently colored from the rest to again create a visual 1/4 fraction. The colors are traditional Mardi Gras colors, which are an excellent color combination and stand out from the other teams in the URL. I have some concerns that it might be a bit busy, but overall I'm pretty happy with it, I hope you all are as well!

NO%20Quarters%20Logo_zpswsy69bl0.png

It might be just my screen but I see Blue not Purple

Same here.

Hmm, I'll try to get on another computer and look. It's possible my monitor is making it look purple I suppose. If so I'll recolor and update the post. Thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: I got a look on another computer and it did seem more blue than I originally thought so I went ahead and recolored the logo.

NO%20Quarters%20Logo%20v1.2_zpsyuh2axsm.

Archived