New Fictional Sports League: United Reflex League (Nashville/Arizona/Portland Logos - 3/4/16)

Wildcomet

I think we have a winner, lol. Invaders is my favorite as well.

Yeah I think I can go ahead and call this one, lol. The Orlando Invaders it is! And as a bit of a surprise I have a complete team identity package ready to go! Let me know what you think!

ORL%20Identity_zpsdxwpox2s.png

ORL%20Merch%20Sample_zpspszassss.png

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*poptart falls out of mouth* GORGEUS THE VADERS LOOK CRAZY (even tho you didn't change the logo) the rest of the jerseys, court, and merch makes that logo look beast

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

Just like in the primary logo, I think the wordmark should follow the path of the spacecraft on the front of the jerseys. I think it would look better if the wordmark was slanted instead of the logo being straightened, but I would slant them both up from left to right, not right to left. IMO the jerseys have too much piping, I would get rid of all the green borders except up the sides and around the collar. Both logos on the shoulders blend in too much, you should go with a white league logo and play around with flipping the colors on the secondary. Finally, the court is a little too safe for my liking. It looks fine, but I feel like you could do something really cool with this nickname. Also, I have no clue what the sublimated design is, so it probably should be cleaned up a little.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Thanks for the feedback! It's been a busy few days but I haven't forgotten about this, haha. I'm glad you all are liking the merchandise designs!

The logo and wordmark angles on the logo not matching was a mistake of moving too quickly; just had forgotten to make that change before posting (had started before changing the logo slant). Here are some updated uniforms. I reslanted the logo and slanted the wordmark to fit. I staggered the words because it felt like it was leaning too far to one side. I also took away some of the green piping from the shoulders. Let me know what you think!

ORL%20Home%20Uniform_zps6l8k8weq.pngORL%20Away%20Uniform_zpsbkzczn9h.png

Looks a lot better, great job. It's a really minor thing, but I think it would look better if the logo and wordmark were slanted the other way. If you look at most teams with slanted scripts (think MLB)they tend to slant up from left to right because that is the way our eyes are trained to read it.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Looks a lot better, great job. It's a really minor thing, but I think it would look better if the logo and wordmark were slanted the other way. If you look at most teams with slanted scripts (think MLB)they tend to slant up from left to right because that is the way our eyes are trained to read it.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for the future about the slanted text.

I think it's time to move onto the next team, so it's time to get swarmed by the San Diego Hornets!

The name is based not on the insect, but on the fighter jet. San Diego has a nearby naval base which is home to aircraft carriers which carry (among other craft) the F/A-18 Hornet. The primary logo is based on the image of the Hornet flying through the SD, and the secondary is based on an F/A-18 pilot's shoulder patch. The colors are inspired by the San Diego Chargers colors from the 60's along with some gray to go with the fighter jet. Hope you all enjoy!

SD%20Hornets%20Logo_zpsbeop1p9v.png

SD%20Hornets%202ndary%20Logo_zpszkmyzzyi

With Orlando, I think the logo would look better not slanted at all, but it still looks fine the way you have it. I love what you did with San Diego. The name is great. The primary logo also looks great, but with the secondary, I would have the hornet come outside the circle (over the edge). I'm curious: why did you go with Chargers colors? Overall this is a really nice design.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

I see what you're trying to go with, with the name hornets but I'm not sure if having the jet and the insect both be incorporated in the overall concept is working for me. It could just be me. I do, however, love the colors and overall scheme. I'm excited to see the uniforms and merch for this team.

For the Invaders script, I think it would look better if you skew of the letters so that the letters still go straight up and down. I know this might be confusing, but skew the letters so that the I in Invaders is straight up and down (basically you would be doing a reverse-italicization). So if you slant the wordmark 15º to match the logo, also horizontally skew the wordmark 15º.

award%20sig.png

Thanks guys, I'm glad to hear these logos are working for you all for the most part. I may look again at the secondary based on some of the comments here; I went with that design out of inspiration for patches worn by F18 pilots (they have a similar insect design on them) but I did notice a lack of the lighter gray in that logo so I may alter it a bit to work that in.

In the meantime however I got some uniforms to show you all! One change from the past uniforms is that the URL logo on the sleeve now has a white background rather than transparent. Let me know what you think!

SD%20Home%20Uniform_zpskfwcwaf0.pngSD%20Away%20Uniform_zpshad6bwk8.png

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's appreciated. It's been a real busy time (I'm a teacher and classes start following this weekend) so I haven't had much time to make edits to the uniforms (I'm going to switch some gray to blue in the away uni's) or get some merch ready to present, but hopefully it will be coming up soon. Just to keep the thread going in the meantime, I do have logos for next team ready to go; the Denver Tyrants!

The Tyrants identity comes from a combination of Denver's "Queen of the West" nickname, and the fact that the first known Tyrannosaurus Rex fossil ever discovered was found just outside of Denver. T-Rex's name translates to 'Tyrant Lizard King'. The Rocky Mountains also make an appearance in the primary's lower jaw. The colors are inspired by colors for royalty, and cooler colors typically associated with the cold of the Rockies. Hope you all enjoy!

DEN%20Tyrants%20Logo_zpsmre3cir8.png

DEN%20Tyrants%202ndary%20Logo_zpsgstxtom

Archived