Miami Dolphins 50 Seasons Patch Trace

TDPhins13

If it isn't obvious already, I am a Dolphins fan. I saw the new 50 Seasons commemorative patch and thought it was really cool. I haven't seen a digitalized version of it yet, so I made this:

16201kx.png

Here is the reference:

2wf8wpl.png

Please leave some feedback!

f8k61.png

1zyu649.png

It's a decent attempt, but there are many imperfections. The width of some lines, the shield not curving a natural way, and the 1966-2015 being a completely different font just to name a few.

Again, not bad, but not 100% accurate in the recreation.

Agreed. I thought this was very good, but when I was looking at the comments, I noticed everything this guy was saying as he listed it off.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

What software do you use to get the digital version so clean and sharp? (Can't depict individual pixels)

You can use anything really. I just made the image thousands of pixels big.

It's a decent attempt, but there are many imperfections. The width of some lines, the shield not curving a natural way, and the 1966-2015 being a completely different font just to name a few.

Again, not bad, but not 100% accurate in the recreation.

Agreed. I thought this was very good, but when I was looking at the comments, I noticed everything this guy was saying as he listed it off.

Thank you for your feedback. I will do my best at trying to fix those problems. I do need the name of a font that will match the font used for the years, if you guys have any suggestions for one.

f8k61.png

1zyu649.png

I have been a Dolphin fan since day one

I stood down town after the Super Bowl victories and watch the Parades. Sat in the Orange bowl and watched them just destroy the NFL..

I think you did a great job

In recreating the patch

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

I have been a Dolphin fan since day one

I stood down town after the Super Bowl victories and watch the Parades. Sat in the Orange bowl and watched them just destroy the NFL..

I think you did a great job

In recreating the patch

Nice to see a loyal fan. Thanks man!

f8k61.png

1zyu649.png

I'm fairly certain that the fonts in the patch are from the United font family, just to help you out there.

I think specifically (or close to), you need:

SEASONS=

United Sans Extended Heavy

United-Sans-Semi-Extended-HeavyA.png

United-Sans-Semi-Extended-HeavyA1.png

1966-2015=

United Sans Condensed Bold

United-Sans-Condensed-Bold0.png

I'd just make the outlines of the 50 a little thicker, but the shield, stars, and logo placement are perfect, nice work!

(Nice signature, by the way! ;))

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

I'm fairly certain that the fonts in the patch are from the United font family, just to help you out there.

SEASONS=

1966-2015=

I'd just make the outlines of the 50 a little thicker, but the shield, stars, and logo placement are perfect, nice work!

Hey, thanks a bunch! I'll redo the fonts A.S.A.P.

f8k61.png

1zyu649.png

Have you seen the white one?

I was considering digitizing them too, but then I realized that I have no attention to details and no patience, so I was waiting for someone like you to give it a shot...

THANKS!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

SEASONS=

1966-2015=

Because I'm obsessed with fonts, I noticed I sent you pictures of United Sans Semi Extended Heavy, so here's pictures of United Sans Extended Heavy:

United-Sans-Extended-HeavyA.png

United-Sans-Extended-HeavyA1.png

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

Have you seen the white one?

I was considering digitizing them too, but then I realized that I have no attention to details and no patience, so I was waiting for someone like you to give it a shot...

THANKS!

No problem!

SEASONS=

1966-2015=

Because I'm obsessed with fonts, I noticed I sent you pictures of United Sans Semi Extended Heavy, so here's pictures of United Sans Extended Heavy:

United-Sans-Extended-HeavyA.png

United-Sans-Extended-HeavyA1.png

Ok, I will use this instead.

Will you do the white one for the Dolphins GO FINS!!!

Don't get fooled by the name

When I fix the teal one I will do the white one.

f8k61.png

1zyu649.png

Archived