New Storm: 2016-17 Carolina Hurricanes Rebrand

BlackBolt3

Many nights in the past few years, I've wondered, "Why am I not a dedicated Hurricanes fan?" I proudly support every other pro team in North Carolina, why are the Hurricanes the exception? Then it occurred to me, the team doesn't try to engage with the fanbase and citizens of North and South Carolina like the Panthers and Hornets do. It almost seems like the are content to be the isolated franchise, which they are, geographically, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't try and live up to the namesake of the CAROLINA Hurricanes. So this concept is somewhat me displaying what a Carolina-wide marketing campaign could look like, while also modernizing the Hurricanes logos. PLEASE put any criticisms you may have, because over the past few months there have been a wave of short, hyperboled comments that don't really advance the designer or community as a whole. But I'll get off my soapbox, and get onto the concept:

CarHurricanes2016NewPre1_2.pngCarHurricanes2016NewPre2.pngCarHurricanes2016NewPre3_1.png

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

far from sold on the secondary logo but some nice work on the rest! The primary looks more like a tire though which i would say could be fixed by roughing up the outside shape. Excellent work though, it's just that some parts are a miss in my personal opinion

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Like your presentation. But maybe think about trying to visualize a hurricane in a totally different way. Perhaps start with the letter C on it's own and try to develop that into a hurricane looking logo. Lots of possibilities.

spacer.png

I quite like the modernization of the primary logo, but I feel like the jaggedness of the secondary really clashes with the simple primary. I'd try to simplify the secondary logo (smooth out the state outline and make the flag more angular like the hockey stick). That would make for a more cohesive identity.

Sweaters are spot on.

I really like the secondary logo and the uniforms, but the primary logo is a big downgrade from the current. It's too smooth, and as others have said more resembles a tire or eyeball. Roughen the primary up a bit and work on the shape. And maybe go a totally different direction from the current primary.

I really like the secondary logo and the uniforms, but the primary logo is a big downgrade from the current. It's too smooth, and as others have said more resembles a tire or eyeball. Roughen the primary up a bit and work on the shape. And maybe go a totally different direction from the current primary.

Totally agreed. Great set of unis, but the primary kinda sucks. Definitely do what this genius said to do.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived