Florida Baseball League

Longhorn_8

Florida Baseball League Concept:

After the 2015 MLB season, The Tampa Bay Rays and The Miami Marlins fold. Between bad seasons and low attendance, these cities can no longer sustain MLB teams. Instead of being in the MLB, the two teams agree to create a low-level professional baseball league called the Florida Baseball League or FBL. They announce logos for the FBL, Northern Conference and Southern Conference. They look like this:

EB08E39D-09ED-4376-99B5-E71220FF0119_zps

They also announce the 6 other cities that are awarded teams. These cities are Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Ft. Myers, and Ft. Lauderdale. For the inaugural season, 8 teams play in the FBL. The league has plans for expansion if it does well. This is what the FBL looks like:

BAE0EB17-4048-4CCA-A996-B321DF5442FE_zps

These are the mascot ideas I have for each team. Please tell me which ones you like the most.

Tallahassee:

a)Capitols-(Tallahassee is the capitol of Florida)

b)Titans

c)Tailgates-(Because of Florida's "culture")

Jacksonville:

a)Explorers-(Close to St. Augustine which was where Ponce De Leon landed)

b)Jacks-(A type of fish in Florida)

c)Sharks

Orlando:

a)Oranges

b)Octane

c)Suns

St. Pete:

a)Sharks

b)Saints

c)Pelicans

Ft. Myers:

a)Fire

b)Storm

c)Panthers

Ft. Lauderdale:

a)Flames

b)Limes

c)Lions

Tallahassee Titans

Jacksonville Sharks

Orlando Suns

St. Pete Pelicans

Ft. Myers Storm

Ft. Lauderdale Flames

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

The mascots that I have chose are

-Tallahassee Capitols

-Jacksonville Hammerheads

-Orlando Suns

-St. Pete Pelicans

-Ft. Myers Storm

-Ft. Lauderdale Flames

These teams will compete along with the Tampa Bay Rays and the Miami Marlins in the inagural season of the FBL

The Jacksonville Sharks already exist in arena football...

Full%20Primary%20store-01.png

You could always go with a specific kind of shark, like hammerhead, blacktip, tiger shark, whatever. But since this is taking place in the real world, it probably isn't a good idea to take another name from across town.

spacer.png

The Jacksonville Sharks already exist in arena football...

Full%20Primary%20store-01.png

You could always go with a specific kind of shark, like hammerhead, blacktip, tiger shark, whatever. But since this is taking place in the real world, it probably isn't a good idea to take another name from across town.

Thanks for the info. I had no clue about this team

Wait, there's a team in St. Pete, and the Rays? The northern division is super spread out too, in terms of miles. Tallahassee is a decent start, but it's just so unoriginal. Not saying it's bad, but other than the initials and a star, there isn't much substance. Definitely keep at it though.

Wait, there's a team in St. Pete, and the Rays? The northern division is super spread out too, in terms of miles. Tallahassee is a decent start, but it's just so unoriginal. Not saying it's bad, but other than the initials and a star, there isn't much substance. Definitely keep at it though.

The Tampa Bay area is big (that's where I live). These are small market teams with stadiums that have only 2,500-7,500 capacity (except for Marlins' park, Tropicana field gets bulldozed). Expansion will fix the North in due time. I apologize for the quality of work, but I'm learning from the community and (in my eyes) getting better at doing this. I will definitely keep at it.

Archived