Australian Rules Football (AFL) Concepts -------BIG UPDATE page 3------- C&C NEEDED!

flyersfan

NOTICE:

I REMOVED MY BASIC DESIGNS, MY BETTER ONES HAVE ROUNDED NUMBERS AND HAVE BEEN KEPT ON THIS THREAD! Thanks!

Hello! I am posting another concept of mine, the AFL makeover! These were done on Microsoft paint if you re wondering. I used to have an old account that I forget the password to, where I made international Aussie Rules guernseys. I hope you enjoy, these are meant to follow teams' tradition and not be anything wacky. I will post the original template if requested. Please leave C+C! All 18 teams will be completed!

Completed

HAWTHORN

WESTERN BULLDOGS

FREMANTLE

CARLTON

ESSENDON

ADELAIDE

PORT ADELAIDE

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. No one knows what this is

2. WAAAY too much stripes

3. These have got to be some of the worst color schemes ever

4. Very poor work

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

4. Very poor work

home_guernsey_puma1.jpgmwx2_yoQgrhgEolvE1DcZzQ.jpgb20567-e12b5b47-bf3e-4262-b6c6-86a58b44f

3. Your opinion, but I think they look great

Some solid concepts, but I think you should use a bit more creativity. I've been trying to get into Aussie Rules Football myself.

4. Very poor work

Hate to sound rude, but if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it. Constructive criticism is fine, but I dislike the 100% hate.

They are all real teams, this isn't made up. The AFL is a real thing, and the colors are true to the real teams

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Apparently I'm no one, given I know what this is :ninja:

I like the idea of someone having alternating stripe widths, given that the Melbourne clubs don't often like to play with their main looks, so that'd be something. If it was something like Hawthorn wearing the different width stripes and North going with something else, like thinner stripes than normal (not talking pinstripes here, just thinner than usual). Both of them using the differing widths kinda smacks of Edge-like crap.

I like what you did with Port, given that non-sash diagonals aren't too common in footy. Just, as mentioned, make the number bigger.

I don't have much nice to say about Brisbane's, given I've hated their lion since the first time I laid eyes on it. I'm not sure whether the gold side panels are an improvement or not. Don't have much to say about the Crows either, given they got it right IRL on the first try, and doing ish like solid color side panels or that weird wraparound panel from several years ago can only detract from its simple beauty. You would've been better off seeing about a clash, given they insist on making theirs look as horrid as possible lately.

Freo...I've seen better. Hell, I've posted better. I have no other words for this than it's mediocre. Not bad enough for vitriol, not good enough for praise. I'm sorry man, that's how it is.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's been a long time since I have not been to bigfooty.com (I'm JohnFromBrazil there), but I still know AFL jumpers.

There is not much to say. The quality of work is rather poor, you should again read the tutorial made by Smeagle before using his template. Stripes are something relatively poor in creativity, and if you really want to sell the idea of simplicity, do not use this typography screaming 2000s. I made an AFL Jumper Font in TTF, is available there.
Change the color of North Melbourne without a uniform pre-season I found this idea very weird. And that anchor to Freo? This shade of purple that seems to have come out of an acid trip?
Seriously, man. You need to take more than half an hour to make it cool.

Also, the flyers fan, on bigfooty's footy jumpers and graphic design board (Where I'm from) there's quite an elaborate range of ms paint templates for Aussie rules that are much better than the one your using.

I'm gonna try and make some in Photoshop, I'm new to that so they might be bad, but I'll give it a shot

And yeah I saw those templates. I'll look into using some of them, I just had this template for like a year and it was buried in my computer until last week

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived