MLB Expansion Short Series- Team 4- Charlotte 8/29 Mexico city updated

Blackhawks#9

In 2015, MLB executives decided to place a team in Las Vegas. Ownership decided on the name Las Vegas Suns, an homage to the heat of Las Vegas, as well as the name of the local newspaper.

lvsunswallpaper_zps1ymgmnlg.pngOn the logosheet, the "LV" is the hat logo, while the sun/poker chip is the primary.

lv%20suns%20logosheet_zpskaci7aui.pngHere are the default home and away uniforms.

lvsunsunis1_zpsov3rhsbo.pngand the alternates- home, away,lvsunsunis2_zpsoa9zzphq.pngThanks for looking and C&C is appreciated. Font credit to Conrad and Typodermic fonts. Uniform template credit to Diamond uniforms.

CottonBowl_zpsf43ff307.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks nice.

Drop the Fauxbacks

I would probably drop the black alternate as well.

For a new team one alternate to wear on SUNdays (get it?!) would be enough to start.

Pete Rose is on the other line, says he would love the opportunity to Manage the team.

Logos and uniforms look great! The only thing I would change is that I would delete the "LV" cream alternate and add a number under "Suns" on the home uniform. Otherwise, great work!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Looks pretty good! I do feel like it gives a little bit of a Pirates vibe, though. Also, maybe you may want to try making the word mark and number font match with the cap logo.

I tried to make fonts consistent before I posted, but I just didn't think it looked as good.

Looks nice.

Drop the Fauxbacks

I would probably drop the black alternate as well.

For a new team one alternate to wear on SUNdays (get it?!) would be enough to start.

Pete Rose is on the other line, says he would love the opportunity to Manage the team.

I'd like to keep the black, but since the fauxback isn't getting much support, i'll eliminate it.

Logos and uniforms look great! The only thing I would change is that I would delete the "LV" cream alternate and add a number under "Suns" on the home uniform. Otherwise, great work!

Thanks, and the fauxback will be gone in the next update.

The yellow alternate is amazingly awesome and I LOVE the poker chip/sun logo. I'm not feeling the home or road, I think the letters are too close together and that there is too much blank space. Really nice concept.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Updated the suns and removed the fauxback. I decided to make a short series out of this, I will add 6 mlb expansion teams. The next up is Montreal. I decided to leave them as the expos while somewhat combining eras. C&C appreciated. Template credit to diamond uniforms.

expos%20wallpaper_zpshx8rj3ir.png

logosheet:

expos%20logosheet%20copy_zpsk5vo62vl.png

Primary home and away

expos%20primarys_zpsbnrhofvx.png

Alternates- home, away, canada day.

expos%20alts_zpszubfy8vd.png

Nice to see this into a series. Expos look good, but could improve if you used their classic pinwheel caps in my opinion. Also the fluer-de-lis looks kinda awkward and random just hanging over the road wordmark. Really love the powder and red sets.

PROBLEM SOLVED! With two Canada teams they can play each other in a 4-game series at the 4th of July and a regular/short series on Memorial Day so that every year we wouldn't have to hear/talk about the Blue Jays not wearing the special uniforms, but a special patch, is it weird, stupid, crazy, sweet? Nobody Ever Knows! Good Riddance! (conversation, not teams, don't want to offend someone)

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Expos Update- Roundel removed as it doesn't appear on the uniforms at all. Pinwheel caps added to alternate uniforms. Fleur-de-lis removed from "Montreal" wordmark.

The lys had a reason to be there, its the accent on the E of Montréal.

But anyways, your set is just awesome.

Thanks for the compliments everybody.

Since you're adding 6 teams, I assume each of the current divisions is getting a sixth team? Can you indicate which team is joining which division?

You are correct, the Suns will join the AL west and the Expos will rejoin the NL east.

Archived