NHL Expansion: Quebec Nordiques

VitorioArts

Hey Guys! Since Quebec is getting a NHL team again I have decided to make a concept. This logo is very similar to the shoulder patch that they previously wore. Once agin, a simplistic jersey that nods to the Nordiques past. Hope you like this one! C&C Welcome

NordiquesPrimaryLogo_zps1phgtrgi.jpgNordiquesType_zpsxgdbt08a.jpgNordiquesHOME_zpsgtkexda6.jpgNordiquesAWAY_zps9toxxna7.jpg

That's a very nice rendering of the fleur-de-lis, but with the New Orleans Saints using the fleur-de-lis as a primary, you're going to need more than that to set the Nordiques off as a Quebec -- and Quebec City -- team. In one of the threads in the logos folder, I talked about how there's a wealth of civic and provincial symbols for the Nordiques to use instead of or in addition to the igloo. Consider incorporating the harfang, the ramparts, or the Don de Dieu.

I'm not sure about the numerals, which look a little modern to go with such an ornate fleur-de-lis.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Try spelling it QUÉBEC (with the accent) rather than QUEBEC. I doubt French-speaking fans would appreciate the English spelling of their home.

I agree with this. I really love this uniform, but to me the fluer-de-lis should be no more than a shoulder patch. Maybe you could try incorporating either their old logo or a modernized version of the "wolf" logo they were going to use before they left for Denver?

Still a great concept tho.

spacer.png

I think you need some red in there somewhere. There are already too many blue and white teams in the NHL.

I like this set, but it does kinda look like the Maple Leafs. Definitely add some red here.

Try spelling it QUÉBEC (with the accent) rather than QUEBEC. I doubt French-speaking fans would appreciate the English spelling of their home.

Actually, I've always seen the Canadiens spelled as the Montreal Canadiens. In Québec they spell it Montréal. In English-speaking markets they would probably just have it spelled Quebec, and it would have the accent for the French-speaking ones.

This is nice, but I would love to see someone create a new logo which utilizes the Igloo from the original team, but modernized of course.

Your updated Fleur-de-lis would be great for around the bottom of the Sweater.

Always liked that the old Nordiques used these instead of stripes on their uniforms.

I don't think it needs any red. This is a beautiful set and the addition of grey sets it apart from the Maple Leafs... and the Lightning (sigh). The only thing I'd recommend is simplifying the beveling on the logo... just a little bit.

This is very very good! Nice job

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Actually, I've always seen the Canadiens spelled as the Montreal Canadiens. In Québec they spell it Montréal. In English-speaking markets they would probably just have it spelled Quebec, and it would have the accent for the French-speaking ones.

Okay. Where do you suppose the target market is for a Quebec City team?

Incidentally, it'd be nice if anglophones got in the habit of using accents for Montréal and Québec, yours truly included. It might coax people out of pronouncing them "montry-all" and "kwuh-bec," which clang to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived