2020 Summer Olympics Logo

cajunaggie08

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The_official_logo_of_Tokyo_2020_Olympic_

Definitely not the worst. Lisa Simpson sucking some guy off in 2012 still takes that title by a wide margin. In fact this Tokyo one isn't half bad. Incorporates their rising sun, has the letter T in there for Tokyo. Obviously not the best looking Olympic logo, but I'd easily put it in the top half of summer logos.

Uh oh...

AwEMbTF.jpg

Oh, wow, as a designer that gives me the cold sweats. The more minimal the design, the greater the chance something very similar already exists. I guess that may have been London's logo, make something that no one else would have.

Here's a related article.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/07/30/national/tokyo-olympics-emblem-said-look-similar-belgian-theater-logo/#.VbllhngkNFI

The two quotes near the end of the piece should read as "Yeah, we stole it, but figured we'd get away with it. Well, we got caught, but 1) you didn't catch us soon enough, and 2) somebody else approved it so we can't accept the blame."

The five ring circus continues...

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Uh oh...

AwEMbTF.jpg

Oh, wow, as a designer that gives me the cold sweats. The more minimal the design, the greater the chance something very similar already exists. I guess that may have been London's logo, make something that no one else would have.

Here's a related article.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/07/30/national/tokyo-olympics-emblem-said-look-similar-belgian-theater-logo/#.VbllhngkNFI

The two quotes near the end of the piece should read as "Yeah, we stole it, but figured we'd get away with it. Well, we got caught, but 1) you didn't catch us soon enough, and 2) somebody else approved it so we can't accept the blame."

The five ring circus continues...

Such a shame. I hope for designers' sake everywhere they are forced to change the logo. And very hypocritical of the Olympics since they are one of the first to send cease and desists when anyone uses colored rings in a design.

Wait, new logo for the theatre!?

TokyoTheatre.jpg

I still don't get the bottom right corner.

I feel the exact same way. The top half of the logo makes sense, but the bottom half has no obvious connection to anything related to the olympics or tokyo for me.

Uh oh...

AwEMbTF.jpg

Ouch... yeah that looks like a case of blatant theft of the idea. My opinion of the Tokyo logo is dropping. It'll never get down to Lisa Simpson bad, but this isn't good. Just what the Olympics with the giant labial stadium didn't need.

The days of Sydney, Athens and Atlanta are long past I guess.

Archived