Moser316

What Are You Listening To?

Shumway    747

After watching the HBO documentary about their concert in Paris, I've been on a bit of an Eagles of Death Metal kick. Solid slow Monday at work music.

Zeus89725    998

Came across this gem a while back. Figured I'd post it here.

goalieboy82    408

in honor of Chuck:

lets forget the thing that he was involved in in 1990 (and focus on his music)

Webhamster    45

I pulled out "Haunted" by Poe the other day for the first time in ages.  It's still an amazing album that used to be on my "Desert Island List" but now I can't remember why I stopped listening to it.

goalieboy82    408

100 years ago today:

my great-grandfather was sent over there (was already in the military then).  

AndrewPF    65

Every couple of months I'll find myself thrown into a Big Beat thing that lasts about a week and just consists of listening to almost nothing but Fatboy Slim, the Prodigy, and the Chemical Brothers. That's where I'm at right now, and I'm sure I'll be over it by Friday until mid-July when it comes back.

Chawls    476

Since Minnesota is the sports logo story of the day, here's Minnesota MC J. Plaza. (I know. Weak segue. )

AndrewPF    65

Finally got around to giving DAMN. a spin. I'm liking it a lot, not that I expected otherwise. I've never once listened to Kendrick Lamar and thought he left anything to be desired.

Jimmy Lethal    276

Pretty much had this on repeat since January 20.

DScruggy729    266
20 hours ago, AndrewPF said:

Finally got around to giving DAMN. a spin. I'm liking it a lot, not that I expected otherwise. I've never once listened to Kendrick Lamar and thought he left anything to be desired.

Agreed. Kendrick is just a master at his craft. "FEAR" and "DUCKWORTH" are real standouts imo. 

Bucfan56    3,859

So I'm not much into country, but my girlfriend is an absolute nut about it. I don't mind older country, and Merle Haggard is one of my favorite artists of all time across any genre, but a lot of the newer stuff is kind of terrible to COMPLETE trash IMO. 

I recently found a newer country artist that I REALLY like, though. Chris Stapleton. I think I like him due him having such a strong bluegrass background, and the fact that he trends a bit heavier towards the blues/soul/folk end of country rather than that trashy pop :censored: with a twang bands like FGL and Blake Shelton puke out. 

Our anniversary is at the end of this month, and it just so happens he's playing up in Wheatland that weekend, so I bought tickets. My first country concert (which I promised her I'd do a few times), and I'm pretty happy I'll actually be able to enjoy it rather than just try to grit my teeth and bare it. 

I also picked up his new album that came out last week. Good :censored:. 

Rockstar Matt    640

Can't stop listening to this. Absolutely love this style of music. 

habsfan1    1,349

Papa Roach's new album is really good. Lots of old school rap mixed with their newer stuff. Love it.