Moser316

What Are You Listening To?

9,532 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2017 at 1:40 PM, Bucfan56 said:

So I'm not much into country, but my girlfriend is an absolute nut about it. I don't mind older country, and Merle Haggard is one of my favorite artists of all time across any genre, but a lot of the newer stuff is kind of terrible to COMPLETE trash IMO. 

I recently found a newer country artist that I REALLY like, though. Chris Stapleton. I think I like him due him having such a strong bluegrass background, and the fact that he trends a bit heavier towards the blues/soul/folk end of country rather than that trashy pop :censored: with a twang bands like FGL and Blake Shelton puke out. 

Our anniversary is at the end of this month, and it just so happens he's playing up in Wheatland that weekend, so I bought tickets. My first country concert (which I promised her I'd do a few times), and I'm pretty happy I'll actually be able to enjoy it rather than just try to grit my teeth and bare it. 

I also picked up his new album that came out last week. Good :censored:. 

WELP. Forget about that one. 

According to a rumor I heard, he got his hand caught in the door of one of their tour busses and crushed it.

Postponed for at least a month, and probably longer. Hopefully this doesn't negatively impact his career. 

The Foo Fighters released a surprise new single "Run". The song's decent, and the video's pretty funny.

(Didn't link to the video because there's "nudity"...they're old men in the video and there are some prosthetic saggy granny boobs in there. I don't know if that gets the site in trouble or not.)

On 6/3/2017 at 7:37 PM, dont care said:

Anyone at buffet?

I was at a Chinese buffet for lunch the other day. Does that count?

Just finished listening to the entire Barenaked Ladies catalogue in chronological order. I recommend anybody do this with their favourite band. I've already listened to all their albums countless times before, but I still managed to notice something new on each CD. Especially among their more obscure albums, there are a few songs I have a newfound appreciation for. Gordon is a masterpiece -- probably my favourite album by any artist ever -- and I honestly think Silverball may be the band's second-best effort. If anyone gave up on the band after Steven Page left, I would strongly encourage them to listen to their past three releases as a quartet.

Any other BNL fans around here?

underrated Beach Boys song:

1 person likes this

On 6/12/2017 at 8:00 PM, goalieboy82 said:

underrated Beach Boys song:

Though sung by a "non-Beach Boy" named Blondie Chaplin. Speaking of underrated Beach Boys fun, I'm listening to this:

the-beach-boys-surfs-up.jpg

The entire Surf's Up album is a masterpiece. I wish the Beach Boys were more known for the deep stuff they did after and including Pet Sounds.

:censored: you, Mike Love.

1 person likes this

Royal Blood released their second album on Friday. On top of that, they're touring with Queens of the Stone Age, who also have a new album coming out, this summer. I'm so excited.

1 person likes this

I agree that it can be fun to do a full listen through a beloved band's catalogue, but I'll light myself on fire before I do it with Barenaked Ladies.

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, the admiral said:

I agree that it can be fun to do a full listen through a beloved band's catalogue, but I'll light myself on fire before I do it with Barenaked Ladies.

save some gasoline and matches for me too (a few songs are ok but that is it) . 

I may like several bands, but not all of their songs, so I can't listen to a whole album/cd/whatever. I make my own "greatest hits" compilation, so I only have to listen to the songs I do like.