Moser316

What Are You Listening To?

habsfan1    1,290

Cults new single. Can't wait for the new album, finally!

the admiral    10,196

New HAIM album, geez, is there any song of theirs that doesn't have a single-pitch sixteenth-note run in the vocals? I can't stop 1E&Aing to them.

infrared41    3,658

Two very good albums in the last two years for these guys. 

Morgo    2,124
On 2017-06-08 at 10:50 AM, BigBubba said:

Just finished listening to the entire Barenaked Ladies catalogue in chronological order. I recommend anybody do this with their favourite band. I've already listened to all their albums countless times before, but I still managed to notice something new on each CD. Especially among their more obscure albums, there are a few songs I have a newfound appreciation for. Gordon is a masterpiece -- probably my favourite album by any artist ever -- and I honestly think Silverball may be the band's second-best effort. If anyone gave up on the band after Steven Page left, I would strongly encourage them to listen to their past three releases as a quartet.

Any other BNL fans around here?

Not super familiar with their entire discography but Stunt is great.  Light Up My Room and Call And Answer are some of my fav songs of all time.

sleuthpanther    274

Highly Suspect is the best band that started up this decade. I got to see them play at the Fonda Theater in LA a few weeks ago and it was amazing. They only have two albums officially released, but they have tons of old singles leaked on YouTube. Throwback, stoner rock style, with songs that are also really similar to Royal Blood.

SFGiants58    1,874

This is still my favorite Judas Priest song. While they may be remembered for their speed metal and pop-y work, Priest was at its best with slow-tempo ballads (i.e. "Before the Dawn," "Fever," "Out in the Cold," and the above song). The solos, Rob Halford's lyrics, and the tasteful use of synths really make this song resonate with me.

goalieboy82    383

and

this song was the last song John Lennon heard on December 8th (they finish the recording and they left and the rest is history)

habsfan1    1,290

From my favorite Stone Temple Pilots album of all-time...:P

Chester did a really good job, imo, temporarily filling in. The EP only has 5 songs, but it's solid little record. Another interesting and consistently good Linkin Park side project. I think someone else wrote the lyrics, though. Doesn't sound like Chester's writing. Maybe one of the instrument players writes the songs.

the admiral    10,196
On 8/1/2017 at 11:09 AM, Zeus89725 said:

Happy 75th, Jerry. We miss ya.

It kind of amazes me to say it because I'm hardly a Deadhead but they really were the best rock band to come from America, weren't they?

Zeus89725    952
4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It kind of amazes me to say it because I'm hardly a Deadhead but they really were the best rock band to come from America, weren't they?

I'd say so. Deep, powerful, yet rocking songs that touched millions and were never played the same twice. 30 years of non-stop touring, as well. They created a movement that's still alive today.

the admiral    10,196

Yeah, the strike against them is that they're such a love/hate kind of band, a sentiment that doesn't exist with the English pantheon bands (though I guess some people may bitch about Pink Floyd). But who else is there? Tom Petty was practically a greatest-hits-only guy, and the Eagles, well

Gotta go with the Grateful Dead and what a huge cultural force they were. And then there's Dylan, food for thought that maybe good old rugged-individualist America is for solo artists more than bands.

habsfan1    1,290
On 02/08/2017 at 2:13 PM, habsfan1 said:

More Chester.

He fronted a couple of alternative post-grunge bands in the early/late 90s, before he bacame famous with Linkin Park.

I am so mindblown that these are available on Youtube. Never knew about the existence of these, until now...

Griffinmarlins    610

Been listening to a lot of new albums in the past week. So far I've listened to 

'Everything Now' by Arcade Fire

'Sacred Heartds Club' by Foster the People

'A Black Mile to the Surface' by Manchester Orchestra

and ' Unpeeled' by Cage the Elephant

Of the albums listed I absolutely love Sacred Hearts Club. It's like the perfect fusion of songs from their first two albums.

A Black Mile to the Surface is also very good. They even mention my hometown in one the songs on the album.

Unpeeled is a collection of stripped down and acoustics songs from CTE's first 4 albums. They also do a good cover of 'Whole Wide World' by Wreckless Eric. 

Now I must say though, that Everything Now is a bad album. I am a huge fan of Arcade Fire, and the title single "Everything Now" seemed good, but the complete product is not very good. Wish they would leave the disco vibe and go back to the stuff from their first three albums.