Moser316

What Are You Listening To?

9,550 posts in this topic

Cults new single. Can't wait for the new album, finally!

New HAIM album, geez, is there any song of theirs that doesn't have a single-pitch sixteenth-note run in the vocals? I can't stop 1E&Aing to them.

Two very good albums in the last two years for these guys. 

a underrated Paul McCartney song:

On 2017-06-08 at 10:50 AM, BigBubba said:

Just finished listening to the entire Barenaked Ladies catalogue in chronological order. I recommend anybody do this with their favourite band. I've already listened to all their albums countless times before, but I still managed to notice something new on each CD. Especially among their more obscure albums, there are a few songs I have a newfound appreciation for. Gordon is a masterpiece -- probably my favourite album by any artist ever -- and I honestly think Silverball may be the band's second-best effort. If anyone gave up on the band after Steven Page left, I would strongly encourage them to listen to their past three releases as a quartet.

Any other BNL fans around here?

Not super familiar with their entire discography but Stunt is great.  Light Up My Room and Call And Answer are some of my fav songs of all time.

The Barenaked Ladies are talented musicians who have a number of quite good songs.

There's some versatility in my music preferences. But I'm more into the heavy metal and alternative rock. I've done this with the Marilyn Manson album library. Mechanical Animals is one of the best albums I have ever heard, followed by Holy Wood and more of his earlier releases. His newer materials I don't think are as strong, but every album has something different and none of his albums are awful.

I'm a big fan of Korn as well. They tweak their sound through each album. They are very versatile with the changes they bring. But it's always good stuff. I'm aware that this kind of music isn't everybody's cup of tea. But it's a great way to get pumped up, a great stress relief and can sometimes help me get through hard times. :)

Highly Suspect is the best band that started up this decade. I got to see them play at the Fonda Theater in LA a few weeks ago and it was amazing. They only have two albums officially released, but they have tons of old singles leaked on YouTube. Throwback, stoner rock style, with songs that are also really similar to Royal Blood.

This is still my favorite Judas Priest song. While they may be remembered for their speed metal and pop-y work, Priest was at its best with slow-tempo ballads (i.e. "Before the Dawn," "Fever," "Out in the Cold," and the above song). The solos, Rob Halford's lyrics, and the tasteful use of synths really make this song resonate with me.

and

this song was the last song John Lennon heard on December 8th (they finish the recording and they left and the rest is history)