The one photo that defines a player or career

infrared41

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, the Canadian contingent should be ashamed of themselves.

I wasn't able to find the pictures I was looking for--I didn't just want to post any old picture for the sake of it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I think this shot really captures Linsanity. The photographers all focusing on Lin, the excitement in the stands, and the two guys with Lin jerseys when no one knew who he was a week before that run of great performances

139325584.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.

This really represents JR Smiths showboats, celebrating like that for a routine 3. He also had his best season that year

0120565001436208194_filepicker.jpg

John Terry's iconic moment will always be his slip in the penalty shootout in the 2008 CL final

article-0-015658b900000578-889_468x291_p

And speaking of slips...

162886.jpg

Francesco Totti

51511986.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I wasn't able to find the pictures I was looking for--I didn't just want to post any old picture for the sake of it.

Oh I appreciate that. It's funny that I was able to find more pictures related to the Tiger-Cats win in 1972 than I could the Argonauts win in 1991.

But then again 90% of the pics in this thread are random sport pics of a player that person likes.

tigercatssignature-1.png

Oh I appreciate that. It's funny that I was able to find more pictures related to the Tiger-Cats win in 1972 than I could the Argonauts win in 1991.

But then again 90% of the pics in this thread are random sport pics of a player that person likes.

Perhaps--but many are good ones--like the ones I posted--those were the pictures I was looking for.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

s090103_cardinals.jpg

This instantly comes to mind to me for Larry Fitzgerald. He had his diving touchdown against Carolina, his amazing game against Philly, and of course his catch and run in the Super Bowl that year. But to me, no play sums up the Cardinals - and Fitz's especially - amazing postseason run like this play. Everyone counted Arizona out, and then with this play, they just exploded and never looked back. I can still hear Dave Pasch on the radio call bright as day - "Throws it to Fitz, he's in double coverage - IT DOESN'T MATTER!"

• 3 months later...

Although his pro career was not quite on par with his collegiate years (despite posting a pair of 1000+ yard seasons in his NFL career), Raghib "Rocket" Ismail gave us this lasting impression of his TD romp in the 1991 Grey Cup during his brief CFL stay:

Rocket_Ismail_1991_13457.jpg

I saw examples like this online, but it's still not "The Moment"....stupid internet....

After a quick search not much luck at finding a photo. For video it's at about 26 seconds mark and 50 seconds mark in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fhRYty2TjA

Another defining moment on his time on the Argos here (not sure if there is a half decent photo somewhere):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q8GoHlja0k

Likely my "moment" for him wouldn't be a photo but a cartoon:

ishmail_zpsbap7i62a.png

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

• 3 weeks later...

Although his pro career was not quite on par with his collegiate years (despite posting a pair of 1000+ yard seasons in his NFL career), Raghib "Rocket" Ismail gave us this lasting impression of his TD romp in the 1991 Grey Cup during his brief CFL stay:

Rocket_Ismail_1991_13457.jpg

I saw examples like this online, but it's still not "The Moment"....stupid internet....

After a quick search not much luck at finding a photo. For video it's at about 26 seconds mark and 50 seconds mark in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fhRYty2TjA

Another defining moment on his time on the Argos here (not sure if there is a half decent photo somewhere):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q8GoHlja0k

Likely my "moment" for him wouldn't be a photo but a cartoon:

ishmail_zpsbap7i62a.png

How I'll remember Ismail is him jumping on a opponent's head --and the league not suspending him, but giving him a paltry fine & making him donate it to a charity-hopefully he didn't get a tax receipt out of that.

He forever left a bad taste in my mouth for that poor sportsmanship.

See about 1:20

There's probably a few other worthy choices, but this...

johnstocktonbuzzerbeater.jpg

...is always what comes to mind first when thinking of John Stockton (who by the way is my favorite athlete of all-time). It's so fitting that he was responsible for the greatest moment in Jazz history.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived