Tug McGraw:

tug-mcgraw_display_image.jpg

Bobby Clarke:

bobby-clarke-wink.jpg

Nolan Ryan:

3025449483_1ab0d4c920.jpg

Julius Erving (one of these:)

dr%20j.jpguser1195_1151110991%5B1%5D.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Jay Cutler: Nothing summarizes his clunky, enigmatic career than this unflattering image of him appearing disgruntled, indifferent, etc. Even the referee is giving him a look of exhaustion, perhaps the same look given to him by fans and coaches alike after year in/year out underachievement.

jaypout1.jpg

Walter Payton: There's numerous awesome Sweetness images, but this one of his defiantly hurtling into the endzone is a pretty iconic image of his ever-churning motor and desire for excellence.

walter-payton.jpg

Ditka: I mean, it's arguably the most well-sold image of a head coach in the history of football. Ditka's career could arguably be defined by the image of him carried off after SBXX, but Buddy Ryan was also carried off; plus Ditka wasn't exactly known as a wonderful people person and reserved figure. He's loud, brash, barking, boneheaded, and confrontational. Not only is Da Kotch being his usual moody self in this image, but he's also in the midst of one of several subsequent disappointing seasons as Bears coach. He was ultimately a success and a failure at the position, and this image kinda spells out the larger picture. Plus it's funny as hell.

ape-ditka-finger-8x10.jpg

Brian Urlacher: This one irritates me, because Urlacher had an extremely decorated career and was a win away from being a champion, but I feel like Brady makes this picture. For many years, Urlacher and the Bears defense were excellent and at times dominant, but the lack of a great quarterback doomed his teams time and time again. This image is representative of Urlacher chasing the one thing his team needed, but never had, and arguably never will.

brady-jukes-urlacher1.jpg

Mike Brown: Potato-quality image, but this is Brown's legacy. In two consecutive weeks, he delivered clutch game-winning interceptions returned for scores against the 49ers and the Browns. His career could've been so much more than that, but injuries reduced his Chicago safety mythos to a pair of miracle games in 2003.

a_brown_i.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is kind of just becoming "cool sports photos," has nothing to do with the subject matter, really.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is kind of just becoming "cool sports photos," has nothing to do with the subject matter, really.

A few pics have been a little off the mark but I think we've stayed on topic pretty well overall.

BB52Big.jpg

Alec Martinez, no matter where his career goes from here, will forever be defined by his jazz hands.

hqdefault_zps3sv1tbna.jpg

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, you have Brad Lidge.

1162504658_1214_zpsycf3iutl.jpg

VmWIn6B.png

Archived