MLB Tweaks: Rockies Updated

SFGiants58

Thanks. I opted to go with white script/red outline to differentiate the Twins from the other navy/red teams (i.e. Red Sox and Braves). Anyway, here is an update with the original "TC" and a tweaked home script (so the "w" has better line weights):

Home and Road

Alternates

Sorry I am a bit late to this thread...I like this Twins concept. If you are going to do the fauxback alt, I'd underline the "M" too.

You are not the first person to want to stylize the "TC" to match the font from the jersey. And I tend to think that it comes off a bit forced. However, having the two letters the same color was a step in the right direction...I have wanted them to go red on white with both letters (though a lot of people like your white on red because of hats like Boston. As has been discussed here at times, the red "C" kinda gets lost on the blue background at times.

But I'd sign on for this uniform right now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checked out this thread and saw that hey, cool, SFGiants58 used my Twins logo concept! I'm flattered! Then I saw that everyone else hated it and he changed it back. It's lonely out here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thanks for the C+C guys, I appreciate it. Here's an update of the Cubs' home and road uniforms, with the tertiary on the sleeves and no stripes on the home socks. I opted to keep the neck piping on the road and road's "blue with red outline" numbering, because I wanted it to be a straight-up recreation of the '58-'68 road uniform (albeit with an NOB and an updated patch) and I thought it looked better that way (adding more red into the uniform subtly, rather than the nasty red numbers - unique they may be).

20926535108_263e4582ef_b.jpg

So, which teams from the original Project 30 won't you be tweaking for this project?

I'm not sure as of yet. Some of these will be updates to the old concepts, while others will be experimentation with different ideas for teams that I feel I got right the first time. These would be things like a different lettering font, a color scheme change, etc.

TAMPA BAY RAYS

Old versions here

This one is a minor tweak to my original concept, but one that I felt was worth performing. I adjusted the shades of Forest Green and Light Blue so that they had more saturation/contrast.

20283340158_3a5d571aab_b.jpg

The most obvious difference between my previous Rays concept and this one is that the road uniform now bears an arched "Tampa Bay" script. Even though it does produce an inconsistency with the home uniform, I thought the length of the team's nickname would excuse the issue. The grey base has also changed to a lighter gray (as have many throughout my updates), so that both the Forest Green and Light Blue can be accommodated without white outlines. The block font is now the Pittsburgh Penguins' current block font, as I felt it fit with the semi-modern nature of the Rays' identity, and it mixed up the amount of block variants in the MLB.

20298893285_1ec186e556_b.jpg

The alternates have been changed around as well, as the blue-billed hat is now exclusive to the light blue alternate, and the green alternate now has its script colors flipped (for improved clarity).

20290507492_7b05a368d7_b.jpg

While this isn't markedly different from my original concept, I do feel that it refines it further. C+C is greatly appreciated!

Just curious, what's your reasoning for not having an outline on the home alt cap?

The outline is on the standard cap to add some light blue onto the cap (as a light blue "TB" wouldn't look all that good). Since there was the blue bill on the alt cap, I saw no need to have the outline (much like how the A's have an outline on their unnecessary road cap while they don't on their home cap).

If you don't want to have to arch the words "Tampa Bay" on the road uniform, what if you had it just read "Tampa"?

I thought about that, but as long as they play in St. Petersburg, I would rather their road uniforms referred to Tampa Bay Area rather than the city of Tampa.

Now, onto the next one.

NEW YORK METS

Version 1

While I feel like I mastered the Mets the first time around, I felt like I could make additional changes to clean up their look. Several of these changes include the use of the BP caps' Mr. Met as the tertiary logo (as opposed to the 1990's rendering of my previous concept), the elimination of the sleeve trim on the road uniform/blue alternate, and the smaller sleeve patch (my original renderings made the sleeve patch a little too large).

20395001828_a82c18a224_b.jpg

More notably, I switched the road script from the 1987 script to a tail-less and white outline-less version of the 1993-4 script. The 1993-4 script uses a font that's more consistent with the home script, and I felt it made the set more cohesive.

20574017072_3290a301d3_b.jpg

The blue alternates have been consolidated into one alternate, meant to be worn with both white and grey pants. The snow white pants remain in this redesign, as pinstripe pants with softball tops look terrible. The other alternate is a once-a-season alt meant to throw back to the NL baseball history of New York. It is based both on the Met's previous fauxback alternate (one of my favorite one-use uniforms in the MLB) and on one of Discrimihater's favorite subjects, the 1916 New York Giants' checked home uniform (and the similar Brooklyn Dodgers uniform). The fauxback is more inclusive to other eras of New York baseball, and it feels more like a legitimate alternate than another softball top.

20395001688_bfb59757c1_b.jpg

C+C is greatly appreciated, as always.

• 3 weeks later...

As a fellow Mets fan, I dig the concept of that set. But I wonder if you could try to retweak some of them with some black as an additional color.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Archived