Utah Jazz Concept

tjbean216

So there is talk of the Utah Jazz getting a new logo. With the roundel craze that is happening in the NBA I wouldn't be surprised if Utah went that route.
Just look at their draft party logo. I thought what if they just cleaned this up and used it as the logo. So that's what I did.

jazzdraftparty.png

jazz3.png

jazz2.png

jazz4.png

There is an option if they keep their current colors, revert to retro colors, or retro colors with Gray introduced.

Let me know what you think and what I should change.

Too Simple. Needs something like two music notes maybe inside the roundel outline in the middle in between UTAH and JAZZ on both sides. Hard to describe

Maybe try a logo more similar to the draft one with UTAH at the top, JAZZ in the rectangle-y middle, and basketball club or something in that matter on the bottom. Current colors at top look best also.

fiowXOD.png

Some added element could really make this look awesome. As for the real logo, I'm pretty sure they're just going to move the note logo to be the primary. They kept it as the the official secondary so they wouldn't have to pay the fee for changing the primary.

Untitled-1_zpsjn8inbhy.png

Maybe put a music note inside the basketball, and you have a great look.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Yeah I meant to mention that the note is going to be the new primary, this is only meant to be a secondary logo.
I messed around with the rest of the not being behind or in the roundel and I couldn't get it to work.
jazz5.png

I prefer the original idea. It looks nice and seems to align with where NBA logos are headed.

I had a random idea. I'm not even saying it would improve your idea, but I think a mock-up would be cool. What if you surrounded the roundel with a flat mountain motif to make it resemble a seal? LIke this, but make the peaks different sizes:

Certificate-128.png

I actually really liked the curved lines on the side. It reminded me a little bit of a vinyl record and, as a result, tied into the Jazz name a little bit more. If they went that route to create a more cohesive and less sprawling identity, I would be totally okay with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I realise they've been the Jazz far longer in Utah than they were in New Orleans, but the name really never fit well for the location. How about a more suitable name to go with a new logo?

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

i think there is a lack of a "jazz" theme here. A lot of potential as it fits the team's identity though. I just think that this would be ok for a secondary. Keep on playing with the elements that the team has to establish the "Jazz" identity.

I will have to get a court design done here shortly Shadojoker.
Here's what I came up with for the bulls:

bulls.jpg

sportsherald there is no way i'm messing with the name. I've got a jazz tattoo on my arm, so i bleed jazz until I die. It's been 36 years, i think we can let the name change go.

Pengin I think the note establishes the identity fine, I just want the jazz to ditch the awful mountain logo, and was thinking this is what most likely will happen.

Archived