Atlanta Braves Logo

WavePunter

I'm not sure how long this has been the case since I don't watch the Braves too often, but the "A" logo on their batting helmet is different tonight from the one I'm familiar with.. The one I recall is a thicker, bolder, somewhat rounder, and slightly misshapen "A" compared to the one on their caps, but tonight it is basically the exact same as the one on the caps..

I know the aftermarket decals you can order have always matched the caps, but the authentic decals worn by the team have always been different.. I'm sure I just missed the switch, but it's new to me..

Anybody got any info on this?

Is it on all their helmets, or just the all-navy ones?

That's a shame.. The older one had charm, and looked superior in my opinion

its for both, and it looks a lot better now. There was no reason to have a different one for the helmet than their actual logo

agree to disagree but...I can see how the yankees could have different logos though, the one on the jersey is a giant piece of tackle twill that was cut, and thus looks more sloppy than the one on the cap thats embroiders, and the helmet thats a decal which should have more precision, but i do believe the yankees to need to change the one on their jersey to match the cap and helmet because of the advent of laser cutting that wasn't available when the uniforms were first made. There is no reason for the helmet logo of the braves to me more sloppy than the rest of them when its a decal that is cut to precision.

It looks cheaper now.. Something about the old one looked more official and had more charm/character.. Plus, they're different materials, so some slight modifications are acceptable.. Kinda like the Yankees

How is a chubbier, deformed version not used in any of the team graphics and mismatched with the hats not cheaper/less official then the cool, sleek version they use now?

And the Yankees mismatch is idiotic as well.

It wasn't nearly as bad as you just described it, and transferring thread/cloth to plastic/vinyl isn't supposed to be an exact science.. As a cubs fan, you should know (since your team wears felt patches glued onto their helmets instead of an actual decal).. There's just something to be said for the charm/tradition/and look that came with the previous look.. Not to mention, for years all the cheap knockoff/fake stuff floating around looked like the current helmet..

They changed it last year

no they didn't

Jason-Heyward3.jpg

Yes they did.

jon-lester-jason-heyward-mlb-oakland-ath

I believe it was a month or two into the season, so they did wear both the new and old batting helmets in 2014.

Edit:

Here it is

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/05/29/atlanta-braves-change-helmet-logo-in-response-to-uni-watch-column/http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/05/29/atlanta-braves-change-helmet-logo-in-response-to-uni-watch-column/

Archived